• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Welp just found out it's possible to get 0 stat increases in a level up. Sucks.

WTF twice in a row on the same character. Gah.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What's the unicorn everyone is chasing in regards to a "ok! enough rerolling!" I was setting up a reroll script and got this while recording the script. Three five stars but it looks like only one of them is a natural 5 star (fancy summon intro). Is this considered good or are people aiming for at least two natural 5 stars?

7hJfveS.jpg

Kuno

What this game needs is more currencies and consumable items.

Stamina
Dueling Swords
Orbs
Hero Feathers
Stamina Potions
Dueling Crests
Light's Blessings
Scarlet Badges
Azure Badges
Verdant Badges
Transparent Badges
Great Scarlet Badges
Great Azure Badges
Great Verdant Badges
Great Transparent Badges
Scarlet Shards
Azure Shards
Verdant Shards
Transparent Shards
Universal Shards
Scarlet Crystals
Azure Crystals
Verdant Crystals
Transparent Crystals
Universal Crystals

What's the unicorn everyone is chasing in regards to a "ok! enough rerolling!" I was setting up a reroll script and got this while recording the script. Three five stars but it looks like only one of them is a natural 5 star (fancy summon intro). Is this considered good or are people aiming for at least two natural 5 stars?

7hJfveS.jpg
I would have killed for three 5* units lol.

jph139

Is the cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions in this? If not do you think they will be?

They're not currently. I think it's possible in the long run - I know the card game released a #FE set of some kind - but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything beyond, like, Mirage Chrom or something.

kswiston

7hJfveS.jpg

The chances of you getting 2 natural 5s in one roll is extremely low. That is going to be your best roll.

Draxal

7hJfveS.jpg

... Robin has an animation and can be pulled at three.

Ryoma and Takumi are natural five star, you really couldn't have gotten a better pull, as Rymoa is rare and really good. Tak is less rare but still really good.

Stamina
Dueling Swords
Orbs
Hero Feathers
Stamina Potions
Dueling Crests
Light's Blessings
Scarlet Badges
Azure Badges
Verdant Badges
Transparent Badges
Great Scarlet Badges
Great Azure Badges
Great Verdant Badges
Great Transparent Badges
Scarlet Shards
Azure Shards
Verdant Shards
Transparent Shards
Universal Shards
Scarlet Crystals
Azure Crystals
Verdant Crystals
Transparent Crystals
Universal Crystals
Lmao. They'll add more consumable items I'm sure.

kswiston

Stamina
Dueling Swords
Orbs
Hero Feathers
Stamina Potions
Dueling Crests
Light's Blessings
Scarlet Badges
Azure Badges
Verdant Badges
Transparent Badges
Great Scarlet Badges
Great Azure Badges
Great Verdant Badges
Great Transparent Badges
Scarlet Shards
Azure Shards
Verdant Shards
Transparent Shards
Universal Shards
Scarlet Crystals
Azure Crystals
Verdant Crystals
Transparent Crystals
Universal Crystals

Yup, it's a gatcha game.

nubbe

7hJfveS.jpg

Birthright, destroy the phone... it's possessed by a demon

7hJfveS.jpg

you have the most OP archer there, so keep it.

ccbfan

7hJfveS.jpg

Unicorn is dead.

With the crazily varied stat growths its pretty much impossible to guarantee a great character.

commish

Unicorn is dead.

With the crazily varied stat growths its pretty much impossible to guarantee a great character.

My Oboro has had THREE level ups in a row with no stat gain. I'm consoling myself with the notion that total stats are the same for everyone at level cap... right... I think.

Pejo

Stamina
Dueling Swords
Orbs
Hero Feathers
Stamina Potions
Dueling Crests
Light's Blessings
Scarlet Badges
Azure Badges
Verdant Badges
Transparent Badges
Great Scarlet Badges
Great Azure Badges
Great Verdant Badges
Great Transparent Badges
Scarlet Shards
Azure Shards
Verdant Shards
Transparent Shards
Universal Shards
Scarlet Crystals
Azure Crystals
Verdant Crystals
Transparent Crystals
Universal Crystals

Well, at least half of those are color variants of the same things. Swing on over to FFBE's inventory if you want to really see a clusterfuck. But yea, Gacha game.

I'm still looking for the most efficient way to level up new units, anyone have ideas?

MicH

Arena is fucked. Everyone has full 5* teams that are nearly capped.

Also Takumi is fucking broken. He can attack adjacent foes despite being am archer

Can't download the game from the US iTunes app store. Click the cloud icon to download, it spins, the nothing happens. WTF is going on? This is fucking up my reroll process. Rebooted my phone, can download other apps from the store with no issue at all.

Played 20 missions to see if the next reroll of the shitty Tharja team i got could get 5 better characters.
Nope, everything was shit. Got Setsuna, but she was a shitty level 3.

Caim

My Oboro has had THREE level ups in a row with no stat gain. I'm consoling myself with the notion that total stats are the same for everyone at level cap... right... I think.

Same thing happened to me yesterday with Sheena.

Nothing but skill points.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that roll is insane. I stopped my rerolls last night when I got Lyn (natural 5*) and 2 4*s. I decided that was lucky enough and stopped.

Would have loved to have Ryoma, who was and remains my boy in FE:Fates. He's probably one of the most OP heroes I've ever played in a FE game.

PK Gaming

Unicorn is dead.

It's not that much of a concern considering enemy units are generally sucky, and your average 4/5 star is ridiculously overpowered, even at base.

Regardless, while stat growths are randomized, characters will always reach their maximum stat total, just with different overall distribution. The Unicorn is very much alive, people are just falling into the same trap that Fire Emblem players fall into regarding stats.

Arena is fucked. Everyone has full 5* teams that are nearly capped.

Also Takumi is fucking broken. He can attack adjacent foes despite being am archer

Holy shit, does he really have point blank.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Does anyone notice their battery draining fast with this game or is it just me?

Also, only played through chapter 3 but do the maps take into account of the terrain? (Forests giving better evasion for example) Because if it doesn't, that's kind of boring with every map basically being the same thing.

ccbfan

Hopefully there's some revival system where you can max or reset your stats cause my 20 hp level 15 tiki is gonna be in trouble.

Totakeke

Heh, I don't think I can beat 9-2 on normal with all the high def characters using my default team so far.

For the complaints about difficulty, they didn't tune it expecting everyone to have 5* characters.

ccbfan

It's not that much of a concern considering enemy units are generally sucky, and your average 4/5 star is ridiculously overpowered, even at base.

Regardless, while stat growths are randomized, characters will always reach their maximum stat total, just with different overall distribution. The Unicorn is very much alive, people are just falling into the same trap that Fire Emblem players fall into regarding stats.

Holy shit, does he really have point blank.

The game just started and the level of difficulty will go up. That pretty much how all gacha games work. If the enemies are easy there's no need for power creep which means no need to summon which means no revenue.

Stat distribution is very important. Imagine an MMORPG/Western RPG where you can't control your state placement and its completely random.

commish

Did I do good? Second 20 gem pull.

He appears to be a 5* base unit

This is a Fire Emblem game. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to start with a male character. It's in the rules.

BUT if you want to violate that rule, I would definitely stop with Hector and start playing the game. Any base 5 character is the most desirable imo.

Shinypogs

Dear 8-4 please die in a pit of fire.

Dear Merric: resistance is a stat, you have plenty of attack and speed, get resistance.

edit: I mean chapter 8 part 4

Shouta

So I'm up to Chapter 7 in the story and I'm kinda lukewarm on the game as a whole. While the smaller maps and fewer units are nice because it keeps the gameplay at a bite-size level, the actual quality of that bite is kind of lacking. Maps being small means there's very little room for tactics to be used, It leads to brawls instantly. With only 4 slots for characters, there's not very much in the way of team-building. When you combine that with the fact that evasion and criticals aren't in the game, you're pretty much cornered into running counters or relying on high levels with good stat boosts to overcome taking damage and dealing damage to units with high defense and the like. It feels like units aren't good enough until they hit 5-star after awhile as well.

I'll probably continue playing for the time being and see how fast Feathers can be gathered since I got a 4-star Roy last night but I don't know how long my interest will last considering everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom