• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my settings to tap to confirm moves. I kept making errors before.

The game is addictive and the matches are so quick so I end up playing a lot more than I thought.

I agree. The tactics aren't at the same level as mainline FE obviously, but there's still the few moves each match I have to stop and think about that make it fun and satisfying to me. Also helps that I'm alternating between a team of my 4 star pulls and a team of the story characters.

The battle arena also gets intense with the pressure to not lose and waste a sword and break the streak.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You're right. There isn't a consistent time -> conversion.

The source is an interview. https://youtu.be/__-McPTuNbY?t=5m17s
Thanks!

You need how many feathers for a 5 star upgrade!?

I guess Raven and Nowi is staying 4 stars forever.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. On the "bright" side, there are a lot of 5* characters that just aren't worth it. For instance, spending 2k getting my Lissa to 4* for an upgraded heal is a way better deal than getting my Cherche to 5* for +4 atk and +1 ally def on her skill.

atr0cious

Spent all last night rerolling getting nothing but 3 stars, woke up this morning decided to go with my next roll and got a 5 Star Sheena, and a couple cool 4 stars, so I'm set. Actually started playing the game and kind of overwhelmed with what all you can do. Besides the 50 stamina, they give you essentially 12 stamina refills to start, and with stamina costs down on the training tower right now, you could dump a lot of time in this game.

Starting adding ids I see, in as Mohzhenwrath. ID# 3813180548

studyguy

Fusing lowers feather cost huh? So either you rank up to max on arena for weeks on end or feed the ever living shit out of a character got it.

Oh you can only merge the same character?
Then let me just pull 20 more 4 star Roys out of my ass!

Shadow780

Yesss finally got Lyn on this roll, not sure about the other two characters but I'll start with this:

rQHPutO.jpg

muu

Added IDs i saw in the last few pages... I am 0609012034

Is there anything useful about the friend list other than feathers from friends on the home screen that pop up occasionally?

KHlover

Banned
screenshot_20170203-1xvacn.png

Yay, my first 5 star. That difference in attack is monstrous. 25 attack at Lv. 1, my best char so far at Lv. 11 doesn't match that o_O

Joqu

I haven't played THAT much gacha games before this but it really feels like they're stingy with orbs here. Like, I really need more character pulls to get hooked in the first placed, I'm surprised they don't throw more at you for free during the early game. :/

What's the benefit to adding friends by the way?

Kinsei

Banned
I haven't played THAT much gacha games before this but it really feels like they're stingy with orbs here. Like, I really need more character pulls to get hooked in the first placed, I'm surprised they don't throw more at you for free during the early game. :/

Adding friends gets you feathers.

Golnei

The sound design is really not well suited to the game's format - which is particularly disappointing after how well Awakening and Fates did in that area, ditching separate battle themes for dynamic variants of the map music. I could have stomached the use of separate battle music here when representing games which used it originally (as with the Awakening DLC), but doing the same thing to the 3DS tracks is such a waste - especially because battles are even shorter here than usual, and player phase music resets at the beginning of a turn.

If I'm playing with sound on, I've just been muting the game music and playing the uninterrupted version of the track assigned to the map - the 3DS games' Ablaze/Fire/Alight/Storm map themes with no breaks for battle themes or enemy phase music are usually the perfect length for a chapter.

Lanrutcon

The game is very bare bones atm. Lots of systems missing, resources are stupidly scarce and not a lot to actually do. I mean it's the first weekend after release...there should be a ton of events and shit on right now to bring in the players and get them started.

But then, I bet all the other games started like this. We're just used to titles that have had months and months of post release development.

Forkball

2000 feathers to upgrade Robin to 4*.

I have twenty.

Also I have no idea how to get half the items. Sometimes you get shards, but there are bigger shards, in addition to emblems, which also have BIGGER emblems...

PK Gaming

I agree upgrading the castle will help you better in the long run due to the exp gain because of it.

You have near infinite EXP gain due to training, so I actually kind of disagree. Orbs are finite, especially at the moment where you only get 1 orb per mission.

Don't get me wrong, upgrading is definitely useful, but I wouldn't blow through them straight away. I've been doing it whenever I can.

Joqu

Adding friends gets you feathers.

I see. Sounds useful enough! Well, if anyone wants to add me here's my ID thing:

The game is very bare bones atm. Lots of systems missing, resources are stupidly scarce and not a lot to actually do. I mean it's the first weekend after release...there should be a ton of events and shit on right now to bring in the players and get them started.

But then, I bet all the other games started like this. We're just used to titles that have had months and months of post release development.

I mean, I don't mind it being a little bare bones but beating story maps for 1 orb at a time just seems a bit much to me either way. And yeah, I expected way more launch events.

I'm sure it'll get better as things go on though.

any of you experiencing Support code: 803-3001?
Go to Applications>App Manager>Fire Emblem Heroes>Storage> and Clear the Data... and then open the game again and download the game data... Worked for me, but i have to do the same every 2 hours. Galaxy S6 non rooted.

L~A

Wait, there's a difference between summoning under Legendary Heroes or Deep Devotion? I thought they were just banners. D:

Yup, you can get the characters on the banner as 5 * characters. But that's the only difference: all the other characters in the two "pools" are exactly the same (last time I checked).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, there's a difference between summoning under Legendary Heroes or Deep Devotion? I thought they were just banners. D:
You have a base 6% chance to get a 5* in each. 3% can be any 5 star, 3% to get the 4 characters shown. Its a minor difference.

Firemind

Yup, you can get the characters on the banner as 5 * characters. But that's the only difference: all the other characters in the two "pools" are exactly the same (last time I checked).
How can you tell a character is focused or not? As far as I can tell my Lucina and Tiki are just plain 5*.

Draxal

How can you tell a character is focused or not? As far as I can tell my Lucina and Tiki are just plain 5*.

Focused just means they are easier to draw in the gacha and that's it. You can tell which ones they are because they are pictured in the banner.

Gotchaye

So what is the lower-right runestone? I've beaten the story and that's still sitting there with "???".

There's no difference once you have them. You just have a much better chance of getting a particular focused hero.

I will say that Fire Emblem Heroes did a much better job with the music. Even if most are reused tracks.

I didn't enjoy a lot of Mario Run's music.

Draxal

So what is the lower-right runestone? I've beaten the story and that's still sitting there with "???".

There's no difference once you have them. You just have a much better chance of getting a particular focused hero.

Not released yet, it's probably going to be released in a future patch for lategamee content as there really is no late game content now.

nubbe

Seem like IS is still working on other modes
I would guess they go live in the coming weeks to trickle out more content to whales

Razmos

I don't really know anything of Fire Emblem outside Smash and Tokyo Mirage Sessions but this game is super fun. Got some really cool 4* units from my first 20 gem pulls, including a healer who heals for 10hp, a spear wielder on a pegasus that has insane attack and defense and this fanservicey swordsman
Is the cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions in this? If not do you think they will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom