• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

xaszatm

Banned
That just makes it sound jarring to have both.
Meh, I'm sure I'll think differently by the time the NA version releases.

It is kind of jarring but honestly I don't see myself using any of the fanservice stuff until after the game. Because it honestly isn't necessary in the slightest to use it.

Draxal

Is it just me, or does it look like Leon is giong to run away with the title in the most popular character poll?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The fan service will help me cope with what happens in these games lol

phantom army?

Probably
Revenants, or the equivalent, I'd imagine.

Also, that's really interesting, if true, especially for potential balance reasons.

IIRC, Nohr doesn't have an open world, how would you access that feature? Is it
another option in the main 'selec next chapter/my castle' menu?

xaszatm

Banned
Hot tubs, back rubs, and a dlc path that gives you the right path tend to undermine the seriousness of death and the narrative

As far as I can tell, Gunther's death is still unavoidable. There will probably be many "do this in this time limit or character dies" missions in that mode as well so no, it really doesn't

Sakura

no, I'm talking about specific weapons and a skill that specifically mention in the description that the enemy's clothes get torn

and I've seen a pic, this isn't just battle damage
Like I said. I'm over halfway through the game. Not once has any of my characters, or any enemy characters, had their clothes ripped off in a way that is fanservicey.
So while such a thing may be possible, I wouldn't say it is stretching the definition of optional.
And I have seen the skill in game, but the description didn't imply anything fanservicey to me when I saw it. I thought I remembered it just saying it made it easier to tear.
Even for S-ranking?
Yes even for S-ranking. All the FE 'amie' bit does is raise the relationship between you and the person you call. If it was necessary then it would be pretty hard to get S ranking between characters that are not the protagonist.

As far as I can tell, Gunther's death is still unavoidable. There will probably be many "do this in this time limit or character dies" missions in that mode as well so no, it really doesn't
What was that thing about opinions you were arguing about earlier in the investor thread? Guess we disagree.

IMO, the entire point of an "Everyone survives" route (if that's what the 3rd route is) is to undermine deaths in stories.
Yeah, that's what I think as well.

Draxal

Probably

Also, that's really interesting, if true, especially for potential balance reasons.

Nohr has the same open world.

It is kind of jarring but honestly I don't see myself using any of the fanservice stuff until after the game. Because it honestly isn't necessary in the slightest to use it.

just because it is optional does not mean that it shouldn't affect anyone's judgement of the product as a whole

Metroidvania

Ah, I see.

I could have sworn I'd read that wasn't in, though I suppose they need some sort of interface for the aforementioned stuff, or potential DLC in the future if you're in the last chapter or whatnot.

Also saw something interesting in Serenes Forest.

Support Conversation spoilers
Apparently, someone found a support convo series for Not!Severa talking to the Not!Cordelia as her mom which has a presumably unique set of interactions, as opposed to the 'generic' variant, which would theoretically normally occur since the kids are tied to fathers this time around. Also could be 3rd path exclusive, since IIRC, Not!Severa is exclusive to Nohr as Carmilla's subordinate, and Tsubaki is in Hoshido

xaszatm

Banned
What was that thing about opinions you were arguing about earlier in the investor thread? Guess we disagree.

Yeah, that's what I think as well.

I didn't say that you were wrong. I was expressing my opinion. I don't think the third route removes the sting of either story. Now the summer DLC on the other hand...

just because it is optional does not mean that it shouldn't affect anyone's judgement of the product as a whole

I never said that either. I said that it wasn't necessary to complete the game.

xaszatm

Banned
Ah, I see.

I could have sworn I'd read that wasn't in, though I suppose they need some sort of interface for the aforementioned stuff, or potential DLC in the future if you're in the last chapter or whatnot.

Also saw something interesting in Serenes Forest.

Support Conversation spoilers
Apparently, someone found a support convo series for Not!Severa talking to the Not!Cordelia as her mom which has a presumably unique set of interactions, as opposed to the 'generic' variant, which would theoretically normally occur since the kids are tied to fathers this time around. Also could be 3rd path exclusive, since IIRC, Not!Severa is exclusive to Nohr as Carmilla's subordinate, and Tsubaki is in Hoshido

That would be weird since not!Severa IS Severa, not!Owain IS Owain, and not!Inzingo IS Inzingo. They're dimension hopping.

L95

Hot tubs, back rubs, and a dlc path that gives you the right path tend to undermine the seriousness of death and the narrative

I think there are some unavoidable deaths in the 3rd path as well, Crimson is mentioned as dying in a chapter summary and there is no alternate summary for her theoretic survival

sensui-tomo

Would it be too much for Nintendo of Eu/A to release 2 versions of each game? Example, one get the M rating and keeps all those lewd stuff people here like/dont like, and a T version that cuts that content out so people wont have to deal with it? That way everyone wins.
if you know my avatar you know which version i'd pick

yami4ct

So, impressions seem to be that the devs weren't kidding when they said they made 2 completely different games? Fantastic. Makes it easy for me to buy both. Excited to have a ton of FE to go through next year. Probably gonna go dark on all the spoiler stuff at this point.

Vena

Well... except for the fact that:

People die in every route. There is no Disney route, pick your poison...

Kinsei

Banned
Would it be too much for Nintendo of Eu/A to release 2 versions of each game? Example, one get the M rating and keeps all those lewd stuff people here like/dont like, and a T version that cuts that content out so people wont have to deal with it? That way everyone wins.
if you know my avatar you know which version i'd pick

You always reference your avatar. What is it from?

sensui-tomo

yup.... I get avatar quoted quite a bit, it serves as an trap whenever someone uses it to try and dismiss any legit claims i've had in a discussion, only because that site isnt easy to get to and if you've seen the panda, you were trying to see something lewd. Note, its nothing to do with south park, since i believe that references rape or something.

But i'd argue that nintendo should make a Director's cut edition so to speak (so fans wont have their stuff censored/removed) while other fans can have their T rating version to buy without all the stuff they cringe at.

Metroidvania

That would be weird since not!Severa IS Severa, not!Owain IS Owain, and not!Inzingo IS Inzingo. They're dimension hopping.

Er, yes, I meant it in the 'hidden' sense, not that they aren't actually who you say they are.

My spoiler wouldn't make much sense otherwise, lol.

Well... except for the fact that:

People die in every route. There is no Disney route, pick your poison...
All three of the poisons have hot tubs and back rubs, last I checked

I think there are some unavoidable deaths in the 3rd path as well, Crimson is mentioned as dying in a chapter summary and there is no alternate summary for her theoretic survival
It's still early. They might pull a Gangrel, Aversa, Emmeryn, Yenfay and Walhart.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have a question to people playing the game - story aside, what are some improvements over Awakening?
Debating buying the game later today, but I kind of bounced off FE:A despite loving other SRPG series like Disgaea, Advance Wars and FFT.

I have a question to people playing the game - story aside, what are some improvements over Awakening?
Debating buying the game later today, but I kind of bounced off FE:A despite loving other SRPG series like Disgaea, Advance Wars and FFT.

much better maps this time around...but only if you choose Nohr

(I'm not sure why IS thinks easier=blander maps, but...ok?)

Uhm... okay? I mean, you seem to have made up your mind already so...

and so have you, just like in the Xenoblade Chronicles X thread

Vena

All three of the poisons have hot tubs and back rubs, last I checked.

It's still early. They might pull a Gangrel, Aversa, Emmeryn, Yenfay and Walhart.

Yen-Fey remained dead, you recruit his Future Past self (and his interaction with his sister, who in his timeline was dead, is actually quite good). The others actually did "survive", though I wouldn't call Emmeryn as much of a "Disney end".

My friend is playing through it, on Nohr, and she says so far that it feels like they rebalanced the game a lot better this time around (in no small part to allowing the enemies to pair-up) and the map design is a lot more inspired than what it was in Awakening. She made a male Kamui and is going to marry him to Camilla, lol.

Of course, who else would make up my mind but me? :D Though I'm not sure why you say that now, as I haven't really expressed much of an opinion here, lol.

Speaking of which, just announced today:

Keychains!

Awakening got them for like everyone so I assume we're going to see the same too.

God, my wallet.

Camilla is such a goddess, goddamn. I'll learn japanese just to get this game uncensored. I bought my OG 3DS for Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I'll probably buy a japanese one for this game.

Well yeah, I've already said that to me the fanservice undermines the narrative. So...whatever?

Yen-Fey remained dead, you recruit his Future Past self (and his interaction with his sister, who in his timeline was dead, is actually quite good). The others actually did "survive", though I wouldn't call Emmeryn as much of a "Disney end".
It doesn't really matter that it's an alternate universe version of the character, ultimately it is a Yenfay for the player to use and an excuse to look past his original death.

Her living from that kind of fall is Disney enough.

Draxal

much better maps this time around...but only if you choose Nohr

(I'm not sure why IS thinks easier=blander maps, but...ok?)

Better maps (Hoshido's are better than Awakening but not really that much better), better skill balance, and I'm having fun using vanguard attacks all the time instead of pairing up (but I could see pairing up becoming a necessity on harder difficulties).

I like the music better so far, and the presentation values are even better as well (the pan in map change is really cool).

edit.

However you truely despised Awakening, it's still very simliar to it.

Pappasman

Btw IS lied about something

you can grind in Nohr, you can't do the world map battles like Hoshido but the phantom army invasions are still there and give xp

Probably

This is all incredibly disappointing and worrying to me. Does it seem like an oversight?

For those who are playing Nohr, how similar is it to previous FE games? Awakening didn't feel like old school FE to me very much at all, and everything I've seen from Hoshido seems to be pointing toward it being fairly similar to Awakening style gameplay.

Not that there's a problem with that, but we were told that Nohr would be similar to past FE games and I want to know how true that statement is.

NexusCell

This is all incredibly disappointing and worrying to me. Does it seem like an oversight?

From what I've heard, an optional skirmish pops up in My Castle randomly, but it's difficult to use it to actually grind since you can't do them repeatedly. At least that's what I've heard.

Draxal

From what I've heard, an optional skirmish pops up in My Castle randomly, but it's difficult to use it to actually grind since you can't do them repeatedly. At least that's what I've heard.

There seems to be a limited amount (you just see it in the world map as you have to go there for dlc anyway).

Hamayama did it in his twitch playthrough.

Man, the tcg cards look so weird in this game. (he's using masked lucina).

NexusCell

There seems to be a limited amount (you just see it in the world map as you have to go there for dlc anyway).

Hamayama did it in his twitch playthrough.

Man, the tcg cards look so weird in this game. (he's using masked lucina).

Yeah, so basically some randomly pop up, but you can't use reeking boxes or the like.

Sakura

There are optional side battles that sometimes appear, but once you do them they are gone. There are no free battles you can grind for exp. You can do infinite my castle battles against other people's castles, but it only allows you to grind support and not exp (for Nohr).

For those who are playing Nohr, how similar is it to previous FE games? Awakening didn't feel like old school FE to me very much at all, and everything I've seen from Hoshido seems to be pointing toward it being fairly similar to Awakening style gameplay.

Not that there's a problem with that, but we were told that Nohr would be similar to past FE games and I want to know how true that statement is.

I wish I could say but honestly I remember next to nothing about Awakenings gameplay.
This does certainly feel more challenging though.
It has the Fire Emblem thing of going to peoples houses to talk to them and then getting a gift in exchange, but I can't remember if that was in Awakening or not.

Chrom

It has the Fire Emblem thing of going to peoples houses to talk to them and then getting a gift in exchange, but I can't remember if that was in Awakening or not.

This was in Awakening, yes. It wasn't as frequent as it was in older games, but it was certainly there.

Velcro Fly

Wonder if you can battle whenever you want Nohr side after you finish the game.

Would love to be able to min/max that side and grind supports and stuff after the main game is finished.

Top Bottom