• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Xenoflare

Actually

Small child spoiler I guess

Not!Cordelia's name in Japanese in Matoi, which is basically an anagram of Cordelia's un-localized name Tiamo.

Kirie

If anyone has done the Chapter 15 on the Hoshido route.. (character spoilers, please don't click if you don't want to be spoiled)
I think it's so super cool that you can actually save Suzukaze from his scripted death. A friend had him die, I had him live in my game because if you have his support level up to A he doesn't die on you.

:)

Ah well though can only hope the next game doesn't carry on with the weird stuff, other wise lol series is dead to me.

Series was dead to you since FE:A

Also given the huge first day sell through for FE:if that we got like 20 mins ago, it's pretty much guaranteed we will see more weird stuffs next game

Draxal

Yeah and no, I mean some of the character designs and the summer dlc were bad but this game goes way beyond that.

FWIW, I think it's going to continue just as they're really ramping up the fire emblem merchandise in Japan atm.

edit. The presentation in this game is top notch even stronger than awakening, the battle scenes changing on location is actually really appreciated by me.

Also given the huge first day sell through for FE:if that we got like 20 mins ago, it's pretty much guaranteed we will see more weird stuffs next game

oh please, Awakening's level of pandering is far closer to the older games than it is to this one

fates

How hard is this beautiful game getting censored in the west?

https://gfycat.com/PerfectShoddyDegus#

I need this game.

thanos-marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-laser-time_zpsyeyxxftu.gif

Sakura

Yeah and no, I mean some of the character designs and the summer dlc were bad but this game goes way beyond that.

FWIW, I think it's going to continue just as they're really ramping up the fire emblem merchandise in Japan atm.

edit. The presentation in this game is top notch even stronger than awakening, the battle scenes changing on location is actually really appreciated by me.

I think people are rather over-exaggerating a bit.
Pretty much all the fanservicey stuff is entirely optional (and the FE 'amie' stuff isn't really lewd). In general the character designs and stuff I think are better than Awakening, and if you are just playing through the campaign I think you'll enjoy it.
The stuff is there for people who want it, but it isn't really in your face about it.

Pretty much all the fanservicey stuff is entirely optional (and the FE 'amie' stuff isn't really lewd). In general the character designs and stuff I think are better than Awakening, and if you are just playing through the campaign I think you'll enjoy it.
The stuff is there for people who want it, but it isn't really in your face about it.

I don't know, those clothes-tearing weapons and skill are stretching the definition of optional.

Draxal

I mean it's completely optional, but the Awakening dlc was optional as well.

I really want to know how well that summer dlc sold in Japan, because they're going all in on the optional pandering.

Sakura

I don't know, those clothes-tearing weapons and skill are stretching the definition of optional.

I've played up to around chapter 18. I've never had my characters or enemy characters have their clothes torn off. At most I've seen capes and stuff get torn, helmets knocked off etc. In fact I think it is kind of cool. One of my knights after taking a beating several times was running around the map with his cape all tattered and stuff. If the lewd element of it is there, I haven't seen it.

all of the Awakening rejects are on the Nohr side aside from not-Tharja and not-Cordelia. Then you have Camilla, Charlotte and Ophelia's shit designs on the Nohr side too.

Nohr gets the more interesting game design but the lousy characters. A real bummer.

Oh give me a break. FE:A was a like IntSys dipping their toes in the fanservice/anime trope water. This seems like them just jumping in.

I've played up to around chapter 18. I've never had my characters or enemy characters have their clothes torn off. At most I've seen capes and stuff get torn, helmets knocked off etc. In fact I think it is kind of cool. One of my knights after taking a beating several times was running around the map with his cape all tattered and stuff. If the lewd element of it is there, I haven't seen it.

no, I'm talking about specific weapons and a skill that specifically mention in the description that the enemy's clothes get torn

and I've seen a pic, this isn't just battle damage

Kinsei

Banned
Oh give me a break. FE:A was a like IntSys dipping their toes in the fanservice/anime trope water. This seems like them just jumping in.

I wouldn't call Nowi just dipping their toes in but yeah.

At the very least is there a cutscene to rival that Camilla (intro?) scene for one of the guy characters?

Speaking of which, just announced today:

Keychains!

Awakening got them for like everyone so I assume we're going to see the same too.

Shouldn't the guy male avatar be with the Nohrians and the female avatar with the Hoshidans?

Busaiku

It's interesting that Nohr gets the children (Owain, Inigo, and Severa) and Hoshido gets the adults (Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia).

Vena

That scares you? There's a whole mini-game where you literally feel up people and doing that
turns some of them on.

Hum? Scare me?

Nah, I just found it very "holy crap", lol. She comes off like a seductress... which, to be fair, may well be the case.

Draxal

I wouldn't call Nowi just dipping their toes in but yeah.

At the very least is there a cutscene to rival that Camilla (intro?) scene for one of the guy characters?

Shouldn't the guy male avatar be with the Nohrians and the female avatar with the Hoshidans?

Male Kamui is with HOshido in the box art, and same with Fem Kamui for Nohr.

no, I'm talking about specific weapons and a skill that specifically mention in the description that the enemy's clothes get torn

and I've seen a pic, this isn't just battle damage

To be fair to him, I don't think many are aware of this (I wasn't).

How hard is this beautiful game getting censored in the west?

Exactly the right balance of censorship where people who don't want sexy fan service stuff in the game will still be offended while also being changed enough to disappoint those who were looking forward to the sexy fan service.

In a way, it's impressive that they can strike that balance!

There you just said it, FE:A was the start of IS going that route.
And because the game sold so well that they were motivated to implement more of "those stuffs" in FE:if and *probably* next and next next games as well (can't see reason why they should stop).

xaszatm

Banned
So, anyone shocked by...

the number of deaths they throw at you in the story? Like seriously, some of these deaths are pretty gruesome and unexpected. This is a genuinely dark game. Pity most people are taking about the Anme thing

Busaiku

So, anyone shocked by...

the number of deaths they throw at you in the story? Like seriously, some of these deaths are pretty gruesome and unexpected. This is a genuinely dark game. Pity most people are taking about the Anme thing
Well, what do you expect, the majority of us in here have no plans to buy the game (If).
Just waiting for you peoples' impressions and general character info.

Draxal

So, anyone shocked by...

Um .... Yes and no.

I was expecting Nohr/Hoshido to go this route and the third story to be the true happy ending, so yeah ...

-Horizon-

I think we're suspecting a shipment of roughly 400k, so, yes, it is good opening day sales. Digital will be interesting for this title as well.
Oh my o3o

So, anyone shocked by...

From what I've read in terms of snippets here and there, I know my body will not be ready.

xaszatm

Banned
Oh my o3o

From what I've read in terms of snippets here and there, I know my body will not be ready.

It's pretty intense. Honestly, for all the complaints about "fanservice", asides from the obvious Carmilla scene, it's mostly out of your face. The story is dark and depressing and doesn't really feel like this fanservice fest people are making it out to be.

Draxal

Btw IS lied about something

you can grind in Nohr, you can't do the world map battles like Hoshido but the phantom army invasions are still there and give xp

Vena

you can grind in Nohr, you can't do the world map battles like Hoshido but the phantom army invasions are still there and give xp

That seems like an oversight seeing as how other forms of "grind" in Nohr give no exp.

-Horizon-

It's pretty intense. Honestly, for all the complaints about "fanservice", asides from the obvious Carmilla scene, it's mostly out of your face. The story is dark and depressing and doesn't really feel like this fanservice fest people are making it out to be.
The fan service will help me cope with what happens in these games lol

phantom army?

That just makes it sound jarring to have both.
Meh, I'm sure I'll think differently by the time the NA version releases.

Top Bottom