• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

NeonZ

...Any more details?

There are screenshots, but the DLC leaker himself is annoyingly vague. He still hasn't answered if anyone is recruitable from there.

He just revealed a new tidbit about the Awakening DLC though...

You get Lodestar and Great Lord Seals from that DLC. Lodestar for male characters, Great Lord for female ones. Using them allow you to class change to Marth's or Lucina's lord classes. Apparently, you don't get more of them by replaying the chapter though, only the first time you go through per file.

Screenshots of the leaked Awakening DLC:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/Fire Emblem If/AwakeningDLC_04_zps51avkcil.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/Fire Emblem If/AwakeningDLC_03_zpsxiafc3g8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/Fire Emblem If/AwakeningDLC_02_zpsgtkoo0lr.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../AwakeningDLC_01_LodestarSeal_zpsljct08sw.jpg

So is
Anna
playable/recruitable? I can't find a firm answer anywhere.

Anna is in the game and has full data to be a playable character. However, she doesn't seem to be in any story chapter or paralogue considering the text dump. She also doesn't have a conversation to join in My Castle itself either unlike a couple of other characters.

I guess she'll end up joining in a bonus map added later, like Awakening's spotpass paralogues. This time she can only support with the avatar and her possible daughter too, similar to the bonus spotpass characters in Awakening.

Anna is in the game and has full data to be a playable character. However, she doesn't seem to be in any story chapter or paralogue. Also doesn't have a conversation to join in My Castle itself either unlike a couple of other characters.

I guess she'll end up joining in a bonus map added later, like Awakening's spotpass paralogues. This time she can only support with the avatar and her possible daughter too, similar to the bonus spotpass characters in Awakening.

what do you mean this time, it was basically like that+Tiki last time

Draxal

There are screenshots, but the DLC leaker himself is annoyingly vague. He still hasn't answered if anyone is recruitable from there.

You get Lodestar and Great Lord Seals from that DLC. Lodestar for male characters, Great Lord for female ones. Using them allow you to class change to Marth's or Lucina's lord classes. Apparently, you don't get more of them by replaying the chapter though, only the first time you go through per file.

Screenshots of the leaked Awakening DLC:

HAHAHAHA. DLC spoiler

Matoi can talk to Chrom in the dlc

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
f7a.gif

Hellllooooo NEE-CHAN

I wish i could photoshop a working animainiacs quote into that gif

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

ffdgh

Anna is in the game and has full data to be a playable character. However, she doesn't seem to be in any story chapter or paralogue considering the text dump. She also doesn't have a conversation to join in My Castle itself either unlike a couple of other characters.

Crap...I would have enjoyed having a broken army full of aether killers lol.
It would be a horrid shame if anna only has limited supports again. Atlease her class/skill options are better this time.

Well, I think if soundtrack is generally better overall, but Awakening has more noticable tracks. Anyway, can't wait for them to release the OST

Three questions:
How many troops do you typically field at a time?
Promoting limit? (FEA was too easy)
Is the plot more interesting than FEA?

Man, I was hoping for better character customization. I looked at the video showing the options and I'm disappointed. In a game where you're encouraged to self-insert they don't give enough options. Can't change skin tone and only 2 builds? Come on.

The default girl just looks way too cutesy, even compared to FE:A. And there no option for the taller, bustier girl. So you're stuck with a really petite girl, or one that looks prepubescent. I wanted an option like this one.
Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Female-Avatar-1.jpg

SoldnerKei

Man, I was hoping for better character customization. I looked at the video showing the options and I'm disappointed. In a game where you're encouraged to self-insert they don't give enough options. Can't change skin tone and only 2 builds? Come on.

The default girl just looks way too cutesy, even compared to FE:A. And there no option for the taller, bustier girl. So you're stuck with a really petite girl, or one that looks prepubescent. I wanted an option like this one.

I guess that way you can't look older than your older siblings, because I would like to go with a Kamui with this build, but I guess I won't be able to

Busaiku

So is the official romanization for Xander's Japanese name actually Marx?
Couldn't it be Marcus? I didn't even realize Marcus Aurelius until now.

Shun

So is the official romanization for Xander's Japanese name actually Marx?
Couldn't it be Marcus? I didn't even realize Marcus Aurelius until now.

The characters are different tho マークス (Marx/Marks) vs マーカス(Marcus).

We've already had an FE chara named Marcus in FE6 and FE7 too so that doesn't really work.

Busaiku

The characters are different tho マークス (Marx/Marks) vs マーカス(Marcus).

We've already had an FE chara named Marcus in FE6 and FE7 too so that doesn't really work.
Haha, I can't read, kept seeing the ku as ka.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So now that folks are actually playing it, how's the infinite-durability bonus/malus weapon system working? Big change? Not that big a deal? Any dark horse out-of-nowhere weapons that unseat the Brave line as the go-to endgame equipment?

Xenoflare

Well, I think Bayonetta just got knocked off the Queen of the Fan-Service spot. Poor Bayo, better luck next time, hun.

I think Bayonetta is more ridiculous than fanservice-y. But I'm sure someone will disagree.

But
Bayonetta's hair demons >>>>>>>everything else

Is the "face-petting" part of the game optional? Can/do you still build supports through actual game play? What is the outcome of this mode?

I'm not hugely bothered by it, but I know my friend will be. Is it completely optional or partly integral?

Hikami

Is the "face-petting" part of the game optional?
Yes
Can/do you still build supports through actual game play? What is the outcome of this mode?
Yes, I'm still not even sure what it does to be honest.
I'm not hugely bothered by it, but I know my friend will be. Is it completely optional or partly integral?
You can ignore it completely, same applies to almost every other building in my castle

Yes

Yes, I'm still not even sure what it does to be honest.

You can ignore it completely, same applies to almost every other building in my castle

you can't ignore it if you want to forge anything!

edit: ayy all the Camilla avatars are getting swapped out for other characters LOL

Hikami

you can't ignore it if you want to forge anything!
Yep, it's why I said almost

Can still be ignored though, I didn't even use the shops til like chapter 15 (or what ever chapter you get the upgrades for them) since I forgot they even existed.. had like 100k unspent

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Emblem if badges got added to the badge toreru center app on 3ds btw. Can put FEif characters all over your home screen now.

Kiro

Is there a picture of the branches of all the classes in these games? I have the list but it would be nice it was better laid out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, Hoshido is really easy in map design/objectives.

They didn't do it on hard (while they did do it on Awakening hard) not sure about lunatic.

These are both disappointing to see.

I'll probably pass on Hoshido entirely. Does Nohr fare better than Hoshido/Awakening? And does it have a better balanced hard mode that doesn't become a cakewalk after 5 chapters?

Draxal

These are both disappointing to see.

I'll probably pass on Hoshido entirely. Does Nohr fare better than Hoshido/Awakening? And does it have a better balanced hard mode that doesn't become a cakewalk after 5 chapters?

Nohr's really solid and has some pretty inventive maps, Hoshido starts to ramp up a bit, consider it having a longer tutorial phase.

Chrom

I wonder if there's Lunatic+ again? No one has managed to finish the game on Lunatic yet, or so I've heard.

For what it's worth, none of the Lunatic+ exclusive skills from Awakening are present in Fates as far as I know.

Vena

I wonder if there's Lunatic+ again? No one has managed to finish the game on Lunatic yet, or so I've heard.

For what it's worth, none of the Lunatic+ exclusive skills from Awakening are present in Fates as far as I know.

Good. Those skills were dumb. If there is a L+, it shouldn't be built around bullshit Aegis/Pavise/Counter spam.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So now that folks are actually playing it, how's the infinite-durability bonus/malus weapon system working? Big change? Not that big a deal? Any dark horse out-of-nowhere weapons that unseat the Brave line as the go-to endgame equipment?

Not that big of a deal really.

With what a brokeass you are when playing the Nohr storyline am glad that its one less thing I need to restock on lol

-----

On a separate note been wasting way too much time with fighting other castles lol even though I dont really get much out of it, but am collecting resources.

Moonlight

Banned
Can anyone confirm if characters like Anna or Crimson can only support with Kamui/Corrin? Gonna be reeeeeeal salty if Anna is jipped even harder conversation-wise this game than she was even in Awakening.

Crimson because I seem to have a terrible habit of liking the peripheral characters the most. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wait. Wait...

CHARACTER SPOILERS

The Awakening lookalikes are actually the Awakening characters? But only on Nohr? The Gaius/Tharja lookalikes on Hoshido seem to be just that: lookalikes. But on Nohr that's actually supposed to be Inigo, Severa, and Owain? Whoa. Does the story explain that at all?

Moonlight

Banned
Wait. Wait...

CHARACTER SPOILERS

The Awakening lookalikes are actually the Awakening characters? But only on Nohr? The Gaius/Tharja lookalikes on Hoshido seem to be just that: lookalikes. But on Nohr that's actually supposed to be Inigo, Severa, and Owain? Whoa. Does the story explain that at all?
Character/story spoilers?
From a spoiler I read on Serene's Forest, apparently they came from the future... again. They talk about how Grima was defeated and stuff, and that's all I really know about that.

Top Bottom