• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Shun

I'm going to post this one last time.

This thread isn't a place to discuss how the series have failed or how it has revitalized.This thread is for on topic discussion of the game's contents and member's reactions and thoughts about the game on it's own and in comparison to the rest of the franchise. Stop diluting the OT with this argument and move it to the community thread.

I didn't like Awakening at all but I'm not going around arguing whether or not it is a good thing or it was the Jesus of the franchise. This is not the thread for that and take those arguments to the community thread. Your arguments do nothing but derail and make things harder to read for the people who legitimately want to discuss and learn about Fire Emblem if in preparation for the Western release. (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

Yoshi, those parts are entirely optional and I appreciate you voicing your concerns over the issue. Sakura covered that already and I hope that those little things don't completely deter you from what, so far, is pretty good gameplay in comparison to the previous game. I'm enjoying Byakuya more than I expected to, especially since Lunatic isn't stupid so far, but I'm only on Chapter 2 so far. I bet that will completely change for Lunatic Anya if I do decide to go that path first try.

May the reset and RNG gods look over me (´;д;`)

Hugstable

Banned

This thread isn't a place to discuss how the series have failed or how it has revitalized.This thread is for on topic discussion of the game's contents and member's reactions and thoughts about the game on it's own and in comparison to the rest of the franchise. Stop diluting the OT with this argument and move it to the community thread.

I didn't like Awakening at all but I'm not going around arguing whether or not it is a good thing or it was the Jesus of the franchise. This is not the thread for that and take those arguments to the community thread. Your arguments do nothing but derail and make things harder to read for the people who legitimately want to discuss and learn about Fire Emblem if in preparation for the Western release. (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

Yoshi, those parts are entirely optional and I appreciate you voicing your concerns over the issue. Sakura covered that already and I hope that those little things don't completely deter you from what, so far, is pretty good gameplay in comparison to the previous game. I'm enjoying Byakuya more than I expected to, especially since Lunatic isn't stupid so far, but I'm only on Chapter 2 so far. I bet that will completely change for Lunatic Anya if I do decide to go that path first try.

Thank you for this, I've been coming in here trying to read impressions about the game, not Awakening lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Would seriously be nice if a mod stepped in and cleaned up the shitshow that a bunch of folks left making the OT a mess to read.

L95

My SE copy has yet to arrive, it'll probably here on monday. (It's already in my country, so I pray for tomorrow, though...)

We should come up with some fun banners for this game. Banners for both sides for people to put in their forum signatures.

Like Nohr supporters will have a banner that says: "Nohr does what Hoshidon't."

We need a fun cheeky quote for Hoshido too.

Parakeetman

We should come up with some fun banners for this game. Banners for both sides for people to put in their forum signatures.

There are no forum sigs here at GAF.

Draxal

oh good, this will be helpful, just seeing everyone one one page with names next to them

Just don't take it 100% to heart, some of the characters alignments might be off.

There's a pretty big problem with this.

The third route is easily the best route for GOTTA SAVE THEM ALL people

Sakura

Just wondering. Can you build up your Support Rank outside of fighting?

The easiest way is fighting.
You can raise it a bit with face rubbing, but it's not like you can do that whenever, only once then not again until it becomes available again.
Sometimes characters will have an exclamation mark and you can talk to them, raising their level between each other or you, but it is random and unreliable.
Alternatively sometimes they will ask for an accessory, give them one and if they like it it will raise.

But really the easiest way is to just grind some My Castle battles or something. Choose an opponent that is weak so you can use whatever units you want.

Shun

How is the third route difficulty wise?

It's not out yet but it is noted to be the middle difficulty, in between both paths, from what has been said in interviews. Of course you can still change the in game difficulty to suit your liking if you find the 3rd path too easy.

Parakeetman

It's not out yet but it is noted to be the middle difficulty, in between both paths, from what has been said in interviews. Of course you can still change the in game difficulty to suit your liking if you find the 3rd path too easy.

The difficulty setting though seems to only allow you to set the difficulty downwards. So you can lower it but not raise it back to the more difficult setting.

Unless that changes in the third scenario or once you beat the game.

Draxal

The difficulty setting though seems to only allow you to set the difficulty downwards. So you can lower it but not raise it back to the more difficult setting.

Unless that changes in the third scenario or once you beat the game.

Yeah, I can lower it, but not raise it to lunatic on my playthrough.

The third dlc leaked and people have played it but haven't streamed it.

Shun

Oh I meant choosing one and if it's easy, starting a new game all over again on the harder difficulty. I guess I'm the only one who does that though.

sensui-tomo

f7a.gif

Hellllooooo NEE-CHAN

I wish i could photoshop a working animainiacs quote into that gif

Draxal

I thought information about it was just data mined? The majority of the content should still be up on Nintendo's servers until next month shouldn't it?

They pulled it from the servers and there's a lot of visual evidence from what happened, including the chapter six and seven maps (chapter seven is radically different).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
They pulled it from the servers and there's a lot of visual evidence from what happened, including the chapter six and seven maps (chapter seven is radically different).
Is it content complete? Kind of disappointing if the final route was already ready at launch. Would've liked to see it included on the physical SE cart since we're paying for it anyways.

NeonZ

Is it content complete? Kind of disappointing if the final route was already ready at launch. Would've liked to see it included on the physical SE cart since we're paying for it anyways.

Content complete, but there seemed to be some glitches near end-game - the game couldn't be saved anymore during the last 6 or so chapters and (very vague spoilers)
a certain character was seemingly killed in a cutscene but popped up just fine in the unit selection screen right afterwards.
So, there's a reason it's not actually out yet.

3rd path needs a not-Chrom.
Make him the main villain.

There's a standalone Awakening DLC map leaked too.

Chrom!Chrom with Lissa and Frederick tagging along appear there. They have special conversations with Lawzard (Chrom), Odin (Lissa) and Luna (Frederick) too, alongside all 3 with Kamui. I'm not sure who actually joins your party though. It might be just Chrom since the leaker called it "Chrom DLC". They're also all reusing their exact artwork from Awakening, without even minor color tweaks, which makes their portrait look kind of out of place.

Chrom

Chrom!Chrom with Lissa and Frederick tagging along appear there. They have special conversations with Lawzard (Chrom), Odin (Lissa) and Luna (Frederick) too, alongside all 3 with Kamui. I'm not sure who actually joins your party though. It might be just Chrom since the leaker called it "Chrom DLC". They're also all reusing their exact artwork from Awakening, without even minor color tweaks, which makes their portrait look kind of out of place.

...Any more details?

poor Chrom even as DLC, he ends up being copy and paste'd

Shun

Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 DLC maps please IntSys.

Byakuya

Enemy placement is laughable so far and the lack of stats inflation is making this run palatable but it's enjoyable in that it isn't a steamroll yet. I'd probably recommend veterans to go for Lunatic on this side on their first run.

The story is making me laugh and feel like shit at the most inappropriate times.

I'm surprised Mikoto isn't playable to take this family love even further but we know why she isn't for story reasons... Hinoka tho.

Are there any leaks that indicate that Mikoto Mama-san comes back to life and becomes a playable chara? I wanted to try marrying her cuz why not, there's already "incest". Please come back in the DLC scenario (´;д;`)

I feel terrible.

Busaiku

Olivia and Frederick confirmed canon?
What is this.
First time playing in public. Rubbing Sirus' face at the airport hahahah
Please don't censor, NoA.

Draxal

Olivia and Frederick confirmed canon?
What is this.

Errr.

Wouldn't that confirm
Frederick/Cordelia canon and Chrom/Olivia canon ... even though the game force feeds Chrom/Sumia or Chrom/fem Robin down your throat

Although not as much as for plot spoilers for IF.

The game ships male Kamui/Aqua so hard, it's just as bad as Ninian/Eliwood in Rekka

Busaiku

Errr.

Wouldn't that confirm
Frederick/Cordelia canon and Chrom/Olivia canon ... even though the game force feeds Chrom/Sumia down your throat
Yes, that's what I was implying.
This is multiverse theory though, so Sumia is true canon, so it's ok.

Parakeetman

Man I hope there is a good way to get more $$$ in the Nohr storyline. Since right now cash is most def a problem D:

Reset

Please make the DLC cheaper this time or at least put them on sale.
Awakening had $50 worth of DLC, which costed more than the game. :(((

Shun

In characters in 白夜 that I should avoid using?

Unit wise or because I personally hate them?

I like using Hinoka a lot but that's just because it's this version and you can't really go wrong with most units so long as you're not reckless.

Cause to be honest the characters I hate are decent units.

I've been using Sakura, Oboro, Kazahana, and Tsubaki and as characters I want to slap them all in the face.

The difficulty spike doesn't render most of your units on this side useless at all. The enemy placement doesn't help either. You can pretty much go through a map so long as you have Kamui, Ryouma, and your favorite chara.

Yes, she's a sidequest character like last time. Don't think anyone has found out how to recruit her though.

She's also a monster now.

what are you talking about, Apotheosis Anna was a monster too

I mean I had Lancebreaker Inigo trivialize the shit out of her, but that's not the point

Top Bottom