• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Guru-Guru

Banned
Spoilers for a sidequest in chapter 8...
I just saved this villager whose whole family and village was destroyed. She is currently super weak. I'm having flashbacks to FE:A when a weak villager you save turns into a stud. Same deal here?

Spoilers for a sidequest in chapter 8...
I just saved this villager whose whole family and village was destroyed. She is currently super weak. I'm having flashbacks to FE:A when a weak villager you save turns into a stud. Same deal here?

I'm pretty sure that's the point of
that class

Draxal

Wait. Wait...

CHARACTER SPOILERS

The Awakening lookalikes are actually the Awakening characters? But only on Nohr? The Gaius/Tharja lookalikes on Hoshido seem to be just that: lookalikes. But on Nohr that's actually supposed to be Inigo, Severa, and Owain? Whoa. Does the story explain that at all?

... Big story spoilers for Hoshido and third route.

The Awakening parents are reincarnating in the Fates world. You can apparently make Severa the mother of Cordelia, so it can get really really fucking weird and of course she isn't happy about it.

Busaiku

The Awakening parents are reincarnating in the Fates world. You can apparently make Severa the mother of Cordelia, so it can get really really fucking weird and of course she isn't happy about it.
Wait, how can you do that?
Aren't they exclusives?

Marche90

Wait. I thought
the only one who explicitly said something like that was Not-Tharja. I've read the Parent-children supports for Matoi and nowhere it says something to that effect for her. Have no idea about Grey, however

onionfrog

Does this work with the regionfour exploit on a US 3ds?

Or do I need to buy a Japanese 3ds?

I don't think I can wait until 2016 to play this...

Question for those who've played the game/seen more than I:
Are Zero and Shara able to achieve an S-class? They look good together, imo.

CSX

I just read about one character having a skill that has a very interesting criteria (minor spoilers)
activates based on how fancy the name of the weapon being used to attack with
. It be really interesting to see how that will be localized :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It seems like the capture command can actually be used in some minor boss units that don't really have story roles. They're still basically like generics though, no supports, skinship and some other My Castle features.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpSGL3jg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpRwDlfg

its too bad that you cant capture certain major characters tried to grab oboro but it didnt show the command lol

dont see a point of grabbing scrub units when you can get other hires from the castle battle after winning.

Sakura

Regardless even if you do get them there is not support convo etc so it makes it kind of pointless. You can just go do my castle battles and get as many unique units as you want from other versions of the game. But they all just get treated like generics.
It would be cool if it was possible to capture uniques in battle, and then have special dialogues or support convos based on them being in your version of the game.

Draxal

I wish all the transplants went away personally, I love how the interview with Iwata basically bashed Awakening's story yet there's so many callbacks to Awakening 's characters in this game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is there a track that beats Divine Decree (Ablaze)? I keep hearing the music is good, but if there's anything similar to this...

Also, do Hoshido/Nohr get different map/battle music? Because that would be a nice little touch.

Draxal

Is there a track that beats Divine Decree (Ablaze)? I keep hearing the music is good, but if there's anything similar to this...

Also, do Hoshido/Nohr get different map/battle music? Because that would be a nice little touch.

Hoshido and Nohr do get different themes.

edit.

Oh god they ripped the pokemon ami/face rubbing models, be prepared for nonstop gif spam with this.

Shun

BgjDiLrCAAAFhUE.jpg:large

B5d55AICIAAxSKV.jpg:large

CFWhYEqUEAA9DpN.jpg:large

B3IHp2aCAAA_BPP.jpg:large

Pretty much sums up all my reactions and the feelings I have felt throughout this game so far... It still hurts :[

Let's keep the My Room gif to a minimum or behind links so that we don't deter people from picking the game up or give unintentional misunderstandings about that game. It's good and it deserves all the sales it can get!

So we can get remakes and sequels to Seisen, Thracia, and #FE.

colinp

Banned
Pretty much sums up all my reactions and the feelings I have felt throughout this game so far... It still hurts :[

Let's keep the My Room gif to a minimum or behind links so that we don't deter people from picking the game up or give unintentional misunderstandings about that game. It's good and it deserves all the sales it can get!

So we can get remakes and sequels to Seisen, Thracia, and #FE.

Was your experience that bad?

It seems like the capture command can actually be used against some minor boss units that don't really have story roles. They're still basically like generics though, no supports, skinship and some other My Castle features.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpSGL3jg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpRwDlfg
Sweet! That's really cool. I was hoping they'd let you do that.

So for generic units and minor recruitable bosses, what My Castle features can they use? Can you dress them up? Do they appear in the bathouse? Etc.

I wish all the transplants went away personally, I love how the interview with Iwata basically bashed Awakening's story yet there's so many callbacks to Awakening 's characters in this game.

Yeah it's really, really, really stupid.

Them only being in the game because of fan BS voting just makes it worse. The next game probably wont even have original characters.

It's a good game. I'm just sad cause some plot stuff.

So the story's at least well-written enough to give you teh feelz this time?

Yeah it's really, really, really stupid.

Them only being in the game because of fan BS voting just makes it worse. The next game probably wont even have original characters.

Now that's just hyperbole; you're choosing to ignore the some 40 odd new characters.

Shengar

Was your experience that bad?

It's from Prison School, so the reaction supposed to be very good.

Anyway, yeah, the gameplay does looks very hot. Even the prospect from Hoshido sounds very nice to me so it kinda saddens me when few pages back the discussion was dominated by Awakening's legacy of fanservicing :(

Those who already quite far into the game on Nohr route: how's the map design and the objective? Does the enemy placement makes the chapter become trickier?

I was just looking at all the generic unit portraits in the game, and a lot of them are really awesome. Zero is gonna be recruiting folks left and right!

Is there a limit to how many people you can have in your army?

StayDead

It's a good game. I'm just sad cause some plot stuff.

The fact you decided to quote Andre saying what he is makes me laugh a lot more than I should be given the context.

I'm having so much trouble on Anya
mission 10, that defense. Someone keeps dying right by the end damnit!

Sakura

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that.
It feels like a complete game in and of itself. It's only because you know of a third route that you think that way.
If this was the game as is and there was no third route, it would feel complete enough.

Hikami

Was closer to the end than I thought. That's one route down, still not sure if I want to do the rest now or wait for the English version.

Top Bottom