• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

I didn't really have much money at the end.
If I did I would've spent it upgrading weapons and stuff.

chapter 23 has 10k to pick up, so does chapter 25; chapter 26 has 20k, and I think there's at least one more gold dump I've missed

yeah it's not all free because you have to open chests, but it's there

JC Lately

Terribly sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm reading conflicting reports all over the place. Is it true that if you pick the same sex romance option, you can't have Kanna in your game?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So if levels don't reset, does that mean you only get the base 20 + promoted 20? If that's the case would it be more beneficial to say, reclass crappy stat growth classes like dancer into something else with better growth rates, level a bunch, then reclass back into whatever? Been seeing some beastly Aquas online.

Draxal

So if levels don't reset, does that mean you only get the base 20 + promoted 20? If that's the case would it be more beneficial to say, reclass crappy stat growth classes like dancer into something else with better growth rates, level a bunch, then reclass back into whatever? Been seeing some beastly Aquas online.

Eternal seals and yeah you can do that, problem with Aqua is songstress is limited to C Spears and low HP and reclassing to peg knight won't change that when you reclass back.

McNum

Well that kind of seals the deal on who gets the first Seraph Robe in the game. That almost feels like a character archetype at this point to me. The fragile semi-mandatory character with awful HP growth. I mean +7 HP on her is the equivalent of 28 level-ups. Twenty-eight!

Also, I take it that Singer goes all the way to 40?

Well that kind of seals the deal on who gets the first Seraph Robe in the game. That almost feels like a character archetype at this point to me. The fragile semi-mandatory character with awful HP growth. I mean +7 HP on her is the equivalent of 28 level-ups. Twenty-eight!

Also, I take it that Singer goes all the way to 40?

shouldn't you actually use your Seraph Robe on combat units that are supposed to take hits? :p

McNum

shouldn't you actually use your Seraph Robe on combat units that are supposed to take hits? :p
I find there are two schools of thought for the first Seraph Robe. It is true that many frontline units would benefit from +7 HP. Most units would, to be fair. But most frontline units are also tough enough to take at least two-three hits to kill. If the fight is even, and they don't suffer from Death by Awesome (killing everyone, while taking a hit each time), they'll be alive on the Player Phase. And that's good enough.

Supports like dancers/songtresses, healers and similar can usually be one-hit killed. But a Seraph Robe can put them into two-hit level as well. Meaning that you can afford to do an emergency heal/song in a dangerous area. The amount of times I've done this and had the support unit survive in the 3-6 HP area makes me favor this plan. Of course, the main healers in this game are pre-promotes, so... yeah. The Songtress gets it.

Basically, it boils down to make the durable unit awesome, or making the fragile unit tougher. Both are valid, but it will affect your tactics. I'm a little more aggressive with my supporting units.

...I wish this game was a worldwide release. So much theorycrafting, so little actually playing the game. I should start a new Awakening game to get my Fire Emblem fix.

bengraven

WTF is up with this game?

I've never played a Fire Emblem, but I've wanted to. Out of curiosity I looked the game up on the Wiki and I checked on the romance section and how you can have kids...and...

so apparently you romance someone, have kids, and we zip to the future where you can...romance your friends' kids!? Isn't that a bit creepy? It literally says "creating a romantic link with the avatar". Do you get a new avatar...like maybe your kid? Because fucking your friends's kids is....

Draxal

I've never played a Fire Emblem, but I've wanted to. Out of curiosity I looked the game up on the Wiki and I checked on the romance section and how you can have kids...and...

so apparently you romance someone, have kids, and we zip to the future where you can...romance your friends' kids!? Isn't that a bit creepy? It literally says "creating a romantic link with the avatar". Do you get a new avatar...like maybe your kid? Because fucking your friends's kids is....

In Awakening it was um

The kids traveled back in time
Which was dumb, this one's even dumber
Kids are put into a pocket dimension and age exponentially in there while times crawls in the real world

Some players refuse to do it due to creepiness reasons, some only marry them due to eugenics reasons (kids have better stats).

K.Sabot

It's really not as bad as it sounds.
in awakening the only person that exists in the current time that can romance the future "children" that travel back in time is the player character that has his/her own reasons as to why time may or may not have any meaning to them. Also the kids are all of proper age and are conveniently found on the world map once you confirm a marriage between people who will have a kid.

Busaiku

We really need a proper study done to see exactly what the main selling point of Awakening was.
Conquest likely would've sold as much as Birthright if there were enough copies.

We really need a proper study done to see exactly what the main selling point of Awakening was.
Conquest likely would've sold as much as Birthright if there were enough copies.
I think, for a lot of people, it was just a 3DS RPG to try out. That's why I bought it. The game just got marketing, while...no other Fire Emblem has in the west, to my knowledge.

Draxal

Eh, graphics,ui,shipping which both of these still have.

So Birthright might have outsold Conquest in Japan, but at least Nohr is winning the 3DS theme battle!

Kappa

I have both themes, the Hoshido one is so bad, the nohr one is more interesting and has the better siblings.

ffdgh

Gaf, marketing and the demo for awakening is what got me hooked. Pairings and supports was icing on the cake.

CSX

Gaf, marketing and the demo for awakening is what got me hooked. Pairings and supports was icing on the cake.

Yes. I was in complete shock when I saw a tv commerical of Awakening.

I was thinking "Finally! Nintendo giving Fire Emblem the love and care it deserves!" *sheds tear*

In Awakening it was um

The kids traveled back in time
Which was dumb, this one's even dumber
Kids are put into a pocket dimension and age exponentially in there while times crawls in the real world

Some players refuse to do it due to creepiness reasons, some only marry them due to eugenics reasons (kids have better stats).

Good god, that's a stretch to have kid units again.

And is it wrong I find the eugenics reasoning the lesser of two evils?

NeonZ

Good god, that's a stretch to have kid units again.

The whole My Castle system actually uses the alternate dimension excuse, so it's not just there for the children.
Although time flowing differently is only important for the marriage and children.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm slowly going through Hoshido (chapter 11) grinding along the way - I got two kids by accident, since I wasn't aware that rising the rank to S will result in a marriage.
Since the two are quite strong and I don't really care about the relationship part of the game, I didn't even reload.

For some reason I feel that I'm doing something wrong. I upgraded 3 of my characters to the higher class. They were all level 11-15, but did I mess up by not grinding them to lv 20 first for all the skills? I've played one of the older FE games for 30 minutes and the first few missions of Awakening, so I don't really know all the do's and don'ts.
I don't think I'll bother with the Nohr route, since I have a feeling that I would mess something up very early which would prevent me from advancing.

Vena

I'm slowly going through Hoshido (chapter 11) grinding along the way - I got two kids by accident, since I wasn't aware that rising the rank to S will result in a marriage.
Since the two are quite strong and I don't really care about the relationship part of the game, I didn't even reload.

For some reason I feel that I'm doing something wrong. I upgraded 3 of my characters to the higher class. They were all level 11-15, but did I mess up by not grinding them to lv 20 first for all the skills? I've played one of the older FE games for 30 minutes and the first few missions of Awakening, so I don't really know all the do's and don'ts.
I don't think I'll bother with the Nohr route, since I have a feeling that I would mess something up very early which would prevent me from advancing.

When playing on harder difficulties, people normally try to reach 20 before promotion to maximize stats off of the RNG leveling system. But, for Hoshido, that isn't that much of a problem so long as you keep your team generally well built. I don't think you can really mess Hoshido Normal up all that badly unless you somehow let your most powerful units all die.

In Fire Emblem (since Awakening) S-supports means marriage, as you've now learned lol. The kids will inherit a "boost" if their parents have higher stats.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
When playing on harder difficulties, people normally try to reach 20 before promotion to maximize stats off of the RNG leveling system. But, for Hoshido, that isn't that much of a problem so long as you keep your team generally well built. I don't think you can really mess Hoshido Normal up all that badly unless you somehow let your most powerful units all die.

In Fire Emblem (since Awakening) S-supports means marriage, as you've now learned lol. The kids will inherit a "boost" if their parents have higher stats.
I'm playing on Normal-Casual, so I don't really worry about characters dying. In general my worries are more about seeing that I probably wouldn't be able to go through Nohr, because it doesn't allow for grinding.
That said, can't you grind xp/money by doing cross-castle battles?

Difficulty level was never a real factor in that decision :p

Draxal

I'm playing on Normal-Casual, so I don't really worry about characters dying. In general my worries are more about seeing that I probably wouldn't be able to go through Nohr, because it doesn't allow for grinding.

can only can grind support in those battles in nohr.

Vena

Nohr is grind-limited. You can do a lot of grinding... for nothing in Nohr. Only support will go up.

Difficulty level was never a real factor in that decision :p

Hush, you contrarian!
Splatoon Top 3

Sakura

If you're playing Normal-Casual, then Nohr isn't that difficult. You should be able to go through it fine.
Yes, you cannot grind in Nohr (castle battles do not give XP or money in Nohr) but it's not like you can be under-levelled because the game isn't designed with the expectation that you can grind. It just means if you hit a wall you can't level yourself past it.
I only had 1 kid and thus only did the one Gaiden for kids, yet still managed to clear the game easily on Normal-Casual.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Have made 0 story progress in the last 7 hours of play because I can't stop doing my castle stuff ( ´_ゝ`)

Probably going to try to get back to the story soon since I'd rather put forth the full effort on my castle in the 3rd route version. Also has anyone figured out a surefire way to recruit flora? Haven't really found any consensus across jp wikis/blogs/matome other than that she joins after doing a my castle battle once you fulfill certain unknown conditions.

I am enjoying the game a lot so far. I tried joining discussions online but there is so much whining over everything and anything.

I don't know how people got so strong so fast though. About two days ago I found a team with ike, marth and lucina but I thought i was a bit too weak to beat it so I saved the users card. Seems he updated his roster because I can't find that team anymore. Anyone have an address for a team with amiibo or card characters?

Seriously thinking about buying a bunch if cypher cards but since I can't play the card game with anyone I know it might be a waste of money. finally found a store who sells the cards ( geo ) but they didn't have boosters on display for the minerva code.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Anybody else feel the castle stuff to be a bit of a chore? I like the castle defense missions though. I guess it is nice to have extra content, even if I mostly ignore it at this point.

wait, im confused.

apparently i heard
fates takes place before the events of awakening, according to owain. i figured it made more sense that these events happened after they defeated grima.

NeonZ

wait, im confused.

apparently i heard
fates takes place before the events of awakening, according to owain. i figured it made more sense that these events happened after they defeated grima.

It's before Awakening in the sense that Owain and the others time traveled to the distant past to come to Fates' countries (according to his support with Ophelia). From their personal point of view though, this is taking place after Grima was defeated in the present (Support with Inigo).

Allegrian

Banned
Is there a Galeforce skill? I hated grinding each girl in Awakening in order to get that for them and their children.

Do the children inherit the last skill from each parent?

Top Bottom