• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Your level doesn't reset when you reclass, unlike in Awakening, so there's no reason to promote before level 20, even in Hoshido. You'll want as many level as you can get. There are eternal seals, which raise promoted caps, but those aren't cheap.

This has never really been true, just saying.

What do those DLC's do exactly?

I thought the only DLC that was available in due time was the third arc or is there more?

vinny pls, you can buy the other route as DLC

how much of this game do you really know about anyway :p

Draxal

What do those DLC's do exactly?

I thought the only DLC that was available in due time was the third arc or is there more?

They're the other campaign. If you buy a Hoshido (byakyua in japan) you can that access Nohr (or anya in japan) campaing with the dlc.

Btw, there's going to be so many replays of this game as you can buy skills off other units player units but they can only be used on the same character.

Goddamn, its going to be impossible to get the right skills for multiplayer. This is the real pokemon fire emblem, I'm glad I'm not into competitive MP.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
vinny pls, you can buy the other route as DLC

how much of this game do you really know about anyway :p

I got confused for a moment prodigy-senpai, sorry :p

They're the other campaign. If you buy a Hoshido (byakyua in japan) you can that access Nohr (or anya in japan) campaing with the dlc.

Btw, there's going to be so many replays of this game as you can buy skills off other units player units but they can only be used on the same character.

Goddamn, its going to be impossible to get the rights skills for multiplayer. This is the real pokemon fire emblem, I'm glad I'm not into competitive MP.

Perfect, I thought it was something new entirely; hence, my question, but it's the other route just available on Amazon now (at a discount to boot)

Thanks for the quick response!

Draxal

I got confused for a moment prodigy-senpai, sorry :p

Perfect, I thought it was something new entirely; hence, my question, but it's the other route just available on Amazon now (at a discount to boot)

Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah, I think you just got confused by the names, I keep on spelling NeoJapan wrong anyway.

This is why you guys should all just stick to using Hoshido/Nohr so you don't confuse people :p

edit: spoilery question coming up

in Chapter 5, is it actually possible to have Ryoma kill the hooded dude with favorable RNG, or is the entire sequence fixed?

This is why you guys should all just stick to using Hoshido/Nohr so you don't confuse people :p

edit: spoilery question coming up

in Chapter 5, is it actually possible to have Ryoma kill the hooded dude with favorable RNG, or is the entire sequence fixed?
import thread = jp names :p
as for that question,
pretty sure it is possible if RNG is on your side . in one of my attempt, Ryouma managed to bring down until 3hp before get killed

Sakura

Has anyone been able to find out anymore info on whether or not Male Corrin and Zero get kids when you S rank them? There's conflicting info all over the place.

The latest I heard is that you still get Zero's kid but not Corrin's, and only after you complete the main campaign.

I haven't done that, but kids aren't created by magic in the game so I'm not sure how two males would have a kid?

Did anyone play both versions?
Is there a reason to play both and not just one of them?
And how long is the game if you only play one campaign?
As long as awakening was,or shorter?

The Anya campaign would be longer simply because it is more difficult/maps are larger.
I probably spent about 30~ hours on it.

So with the finite exp in anya route is it better to level a base unit to 20 before promoting or just promote once they're able/learned all the class skills? If the former, is mozume worth leveling to 30?

Personally, I would never bother with Mozume. As you say, there is a finite amount of exp. And there is also a limited amount of units you can take on a map. Unless you're short on units or really really like Mozume, I would never take her over one of my other units.

I haven't done that, but kids aren't created by magic in the game so I'm not sure how two males would have a kid?
Zero's child is adopted apparently, no matter who he marries. (Though if they wanna throw some magic in there, go for it IMO.)

If someone does have Nohr and plans to gay marry Zero, please let me know. I'd love to get the facts direct.

Shengar

Has anyone been able to find out anymore info on whether or not Male Corrin and Zero get kids when you S rank them? There's conflicting info all over the place.

The latest I heard is that you still get Zero's kid but not Corrin's, and only after you complete the main campaign.

Is anyone here with the Nohr version planning on marrying Zero with the male avatar? It would be nice to get some direct info.
Zero's daughter would be adopted if you marry him with male Kamui. So does Kamui's kid I heard though I'm not sure about that.

Zero's daughter would be adopted if you marry him with male Kamui. So does Kamui's kid I heard though I'm not sure about that.
That's what I mean, all these different versions of the story.

Does anyone know someone that actually has married M/Kamui to Zero?

Draxal

Zero's child is adopted apparently, no matter who he marries. (Though if they wanna throw some magic in there, go for it IMO.)

If someone does have Nohr and plans to gay marry Zero, please let me know. I'd love to get the facts direct.

I know one of hte streamers Hamayama gay married Zero or was going to, so you should be able find out from the people viewing that stream.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just came back from anya hard ch10 :(;゙゚'ω゚'):

I usually reset if someone dies just on principle despite playing on casual, but it looks like maps like these are the reason I want to keep a last resort option available.
Had 3 units die on the last turn being used as last ditch meat barricades against takumi's bumrush and said screw it. I'm sure I could get better results by some trial and error and resetting a bunch but it's a long ass map and I had no will to try again after that first run. My condolences to those playing on classic.

jfc Soleil is such a terrible character she makes Miriel look charismatic and well-written

which is extra bizarre because Inigo Lazwald has arguably the best overall supports so far

edit: on the bright side this probably gives Treehouse an excuse to treat her as a blank slate character and put their own (certainly better) take

jfc Soleil is such a terrible character she makes Miriel look charismatic and well-written

which is extra bizarre because Inigo Lazwald has arguably the best overall supports so far

edit: on the bright side this probably gives Treehouse an excuse to treat her as a blank slate character and put their own (certainly better) take

Soleil is basically a one-note character with one gimmick: "I love cute girls." :p

Her supports are also poorly written in general.

GSR

Does anyone know the details of how the "start from the route choice" works? Does it just use the data from your last prologue playthrough? I'd like to start a Nohr run (since I'm aiming to stream most of my Hoshido run), but I'd also like to switch Avatar genders. But then Felicia starts at level 1 in chapter 6, which is... maybe not good on Nohr Hard mode.

I could run through the prologue again, but I'm wondering if that overwrites the data for my Hoshido run and when I do my third route (which I plan to base off of my Hoshido avatar) I wind up in the same situation.

I guess it's a small thing, but a few levels can make all the difference in hard mode.

EDIT: Just realized I kept a save just before the choice, so I can just re-run the prologue and, when I want to play the third path, load from that and not have to worry about levels carrying over. (I'm still curious as to how the mechanics work though.)

StayDead

The Anya campaign would be longer simply because it is more difficult/maps are larger.
I probably spent about 30~ hours on it.

Personally, I would never bother with Mozume. As you say, there is a finite amount of exp. And there is also a limited amount of units you can take on a map. Unless you're short on units or really really like Mozume, I would never take her over one of my other units.

Mozume is probably going to be mai waifu so shes getting used a lot. :p

ffdgh

Why do they waste their ressources on that, considering the game is coming out in the west anyway? At the same time, FE4 & 5 still have no fully working translations :(.

6 months of waiting is simply too long with most of the game's info online.

Why do they waste their ressources on that, considering the game is coming out in the west anyway? At the same time, FE4 & 5 still have no fully working translations :(.

Something something censorship something other.

Plus, a passionate enough fanbase that will go the extra length to get the game even a month or two earlier. Seriously, Nintendo goofed with the 6-8 months wait on this.

LordJim

Same reason people translated Pokemon games the moment they came out, I guess.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
6 months of waiting is simply too long with most of the game's info online.
From the point of time where the translation is complete it will probably be markedly less than 6 months and if you care so much for the Fire Emblem story, you could just not read up on it? I mean, I appreciate that people do translation work for other fans, I've been lucky due to such work on numerous occasions already (Fire Emblem 1, 2, 6, 12, BS Zeldas, Ace Attorney Investigations 2), but is a few months wait really worth the effort? And is it worth potentially reducing domestic sales for the series?

ffdgh

From the point of time where the translation is complete it will probably be markedly less than 6 months and if you care so much for the Fire Emblem story, you could just not read up on it? I mean, I appreciate that people do translation work for other fans, I've been lucky due to such work on numerous occasions already (Fire Emblem 1, 2, 6, 12, BS Zeldas, Ace Attorney Investigations 2), but is a few months wait really worth the effort? And is it worth potentially reducing domestic sales for the series?

Watching the various streams left me wanting more so that's mostly my fault. :p
Doubt a translation would do much/any damage trufully.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Personally am not finding the Anya campaign as fun since due to not being able to really work on leveling your units, you basically get stuck using your best ones that are constantly used otherwise you feel like you are either wasting a chance to further strengthen those units or are wasting precious exp for others by leveling lower level characters who will always be playing catch up with the rest of the team.

Ive been using the player castle battles a lot to open up the kids scenarios just so I can level other characters using those. But even then still does not feel like a very efficient thing to do and as previously mentioned the wasting exp feeling is a bit haunting also.

Like the campaign story, just not the fact that you cant really focus on leveling units in it.

Really hope the Third scenario allows for more of that. Am not as interested in the Byakuya campaign thats why.

Outside from that enjoying the title for what it is.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Personally am not finding the Anya campaign as fun since due to not being able to really work on leveling your units, you basically get stuck using your best ones that are constantly used otherwise you feel like you are either wasting a chance to further strengthen those units or are wasting precious exp for others by leveling lower level characters who will always be playing catch up with the rest of the team.

Ive been using the player castle battles a lot to open up the kids scenarios just so I can level other characters using those. But even then still does not feel like a very efficient thing to do and as previously mentioned the wasting exp feeling is a bit haunting also.

Like the campaign story, just not the fact that you cant really focus on leveling units in it.

Really hope the Third scenario allows for more of that. Am not as interested in the Byakuya campaign thats why.

Outside from that enjoying the title for what it is.
This sounds truly awesome, thanks for the impressions :).

(Just to be clear, this is not meant to be sarcastic and I understand you don't like this, but this is what I was hoping for. I'm sad you don't like it, but I'm happy it is this way.)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah a side effect of playing anya is I don't think I'm going to be getting all the children simply because I don't see myself using a good portion of the cast. Pretty much just using recommended chars and the ones I like due to finite exp.

Parakeetman

Yeah a side effect of playing anya is I don't think I'm going to be getting all the children simply because I don't see myself using a good portion of the cast. Pretty much just using recommended chars and the ones I like due to finite exp.

The children scenarios are sweet sweet exp up for grabs though!

Its the main reason why Im just doing the castle stuff over and over to raise the support levels for the kids and their scenarios lol

So, in FE:A I was the guy that did a repeatable map, set my guys up at a choke point, and did it over and over again to grind every single support so I could see them all.

From what I've heard there's no grinding in this game, but is there a way to grind supports? I haven't been looking atm uch of the import info to try and go in as fresh as possible, but I'm still curious here.

So, in FE:A I was the guy that did a repeatable map, set my guys up at a choke point, and did it over and over again to grind every single support so I could see them all.

From what I've heard there's no grinding in this game, but is there a way to grind supports? I haven't been looking atm uch of the import info to try and go in as fresh as possible, but I'm still curious here.
In the Hoshido version, you are able to grind like Awakening. Not sure how much there is in Nohr, if any.

Hikami

There's no grinding in one of the games, the Nohr version. As far as I know there's no way to grind supports or exp there.
You can still do all that stuff you did in Awakening in the Hoshido version though.

don't know how the third route works

I'm pretty sure even on Nohr you can grind supports.

Parakeetman

There's no grinding in one of the games, the Nohr version. As far as I know there's no way to grind supports or exp there.
You can still do all that stuff you did in Awakening in the Hoshido version though.

don't know how the third route works

As I said before you can go do the player castle maps to raise the support levels, which then = kids = kids scenario = extra exp.

But outside of that there really is nothing else you can do to grind for actual exp.

Ive been doing that for a while now with the game.

As I said before you can go do the player castle maps to raise the support levels, which then = kids = kids scenario = extra exp.

But outside of that there really is nothing else you can do to grind for actual exp.

So with Player castle maps I could in theory get every single possible support to essentially S? (I know that marriage probably locks out the other S's)

Parakeetman

So with Player castle maps I could in theory get every single possible support to essentially S? (I know that marriage probably locks out the other S's)

Pretty much. And since you can just keep using the "recently updated castles" option you will always have a pool of player castles that you can keep working at. Its easier to find lower ranking castles using that vs the suggested castles option.

Hikami

ah really? I need to go try that then

Parakeetman

ah really? I need to go try that then

Yeah its pretty useful. Since its literally the only way to squeeze out some extra exp outside of any other side story missions that appear.

Just its tedious if you dislike doing that sort of stuff though lol.

There is other stupid stuff you can do to get pennies back, (300G) which is constantly feed the dragon and on occasion she gives you the small gold bars that you can sell for 300 G or something. I kinda stopped doing that though since wonder if there is any negative effects from making her level too high. She stopped gaining any actual stats points for a while. I think shes currently at lv 55 or something

quick exp formula check from streams:

apparently being 1 level higher cuts your exp from a kill from 30 to 25? yikes

also Corrin gets 15 xp from a kill while 3 levels higher and 9 xp while 4 levels higher, that's with a +20% passive

....huh

edit: 2 exp for chip while 4 levels higher haha

edit: fuck this, Corrin just got 13 exp from an enemy 4 levels lower, I quit

Draxal

quick exp formula check from streams:

apparently being 1 level higher cuts your exp from a kill from 30 to 25? yikes

also Corrin gets 15 xp from a kill while 3 levels higher and 9 xp while 4 levels higher, that's with a +20% passive

....huh

edit: 2 exp for chip while 4 levels higher haha

Yeah, it's weird for healing/dancing though, I'll have Azura dance for a low level char and get nothing, while dancing for an equiv or higher will gain her a ton, I do like the change as ramping Robin was too good in Awakening, this nerfs that.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The children scenarios are sweet sweet exp up for grabs though!

Its the main reason why Im just doing the castle stuff over and over to raise the support levels for the kids and their scenarios lol
Yeah was mostly hands off with my castle stuff until now since I thought my team was still pretty underdeveloped. Did a few visits to grind some affinity between a few chars just now.

Seems even anya can still be broken pretty hard just by doing my castle stuff, seeing specialized rooms set up for skill boosting and other things. Also people have some pretty creative and nice layouts, giving me animal crossing flashbacks lol.

Also kind of sad that this kind of thing will be useless one day when nintendo takes down the servers for this game.

Parakeetman

Yeah was mostly hands off with my castle stuff until now since I thought my team was still pretty underdeveloped. Did a few visits to grind some affinity between a few chars just now.

Seems even anya can still be broken pretty hard just by doing my castle stuff, seeing specialized rooms set up for skill boosting and other things. Also people have some pretty creative and nice layouts, giving me animal crossing flashbacks lol.

Also kind of sad that this kind of thing will be useless one day when nintendo takes down the servers for this game.

Yeah the only issue with the skill boosting is how Anya is limited with cash too. Not sure if you still can get $$$ from the dragon if you max out her level and keep feeding her. I have not hit that point yet thankfully.

What Im doing is collecting lots of strong player characters though. By making a beeline to their capture point instead of trying to fight it out. As the AI usually leaves that particular location.

Sakura

I wouldn't say it can be broken that hard.
There is a finite amount of money in Anya as well, so you would run out of cash buying skills.
I mean technically you could probably do it, but it would take a long damn time.

Draxal

Up to Hoshido 16, and I'm having a ton of fun even if I can't read moon language(reminds me of the old days of putzing around playing with a copy of sword of seals back in the day).

So no comments on the story or anything since I'm illqualified for it, but it's an improvement of Awakening's gameplay/animations/everything. Just a complete refininement of it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say it can be broken that hard.
There is a finite amount of money in Anya as well, so you would run out of cash buying skills.
I mean technically you could probably do it, but it would take a long damn time.
I mean yeah you won't be able to break it as hard as in the byakuya route but just from the couple of gold bonuses from anya maps 8 and 10 I had around 25k in funds at chapter 11. Even some of the best skills only cost like 2-3k so some of my units now have skills that they absolutely shouldn't have this early on. Also bought the byakuya exclusive skill combo of 匠の技 and 白夜 for my kamui which seems like a great way to get extra funds throughout an anya run.

Xenoflare

I just rechecked the "where are they now" during the credits scene and I have a few vague translations here for those who can't read and would like to know. I would like to ask the people to spoiler tag their reactions too haha.

Spoilers inbound.

Benoit left the army and lived in the mountains with animals

Oboro re-opened her parent's kimono shop and Takumi wears the clothes she made during ceremonies and formal events

Leon made many extreme government polices which had lots of resentment from the people of Nohr at the time, but he was praised and admired down the history due to his foresight

If M!Kamui and Zero got married, they will open an orphanage together.

This is all I can remember, my Japanese is not good but enough to pick out the important bits due to the kanjis haha.

Top Bottom