• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

galeforce exist, but it's nerfed...
i need something to motivate me to resume playing FEif... or playing video games in general orz

If you have a Lucina amiibo you can-

oh wait, nobody has a Lucina amiibo

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else feel the castle stuff to be a bit of a chore?
As far as I'm concerned they basically put an animal crossing game in here.

galeforce exist, but it's nerfed...
i need something to motivate me to resume playing FEif... or playing video games in general orz
Did you manage to get past chapter 10? Seems like trying that on lunatic would demotivate anyone from continuing.

NeonZ

Is there a Galeforce skill? I hated grinding each girl in Awakening in order to get that for them and their children.

Do the children inherit the last skill from each parent?

Galeforce exists but it's pretty much restricted to a class that no one can get right now, since you need to buy the opposite path and 3rd path in order to get the special class that uses it. Either way, it's nerfed like mentioned above (it doesn't trigger if you use the attack or guard stance).

Draxal

Galeforce exists but it's pretty much restricted to a class that no one can get right now, since you need to buy the opposite path and 3rd path in order to get the special class that uses it. Either way, it's nerfed like mentioned above (it doesn't trigger if you use the attack or guard stance).

Ayup, the only one who can use it at this moment is tcg Minerva.

Allegrian

Banned
What do you mean with guard stance? When you kill a unit in the enemy turn? Because in awakening it didn't triggered there either.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean with guard stance? When you kill a unit in the enemy turn? Because in awakening it didn't triggened there either.
Guard stance is pairing up and attack stance is adjacent units. So basically galeforce only activates when the unit is solo and has no friendly units adjacent to them.

lol the troll message (inb4 by the time I post this the base stats are up and you don't see "you're too early :p")

anyway some 3rd route spoilers below:

(the below boss stats are for normal mode, and don't include effects of equipment/skills/whatever, and bolded are what I assume are dropped)

Chapter 22
Shenmey (level 10 Strategist)
38 HP, 15 str, 21 mag, 20 skl, 18 spd, 12 lck, 19 def, 23 res
B Tomes, B Staff
Rabbit God-4th, Great Festal (Hoshido Fortify), Summon Wind (what's that?)

Chapter 23
Shenmey (level 12 Strategist)
42 HP, 15 str, 24 mag, 21 skl, 18 spd, 10 lck, 20 def, 28 res
B Tomes, B Staff
Rainarok, Fortify, Weakness

Chapter 24
Mikoto (level 13 War Priestess)
44 HP, 21 str, 27 mag, 21 skl, 20 spd, 11 lck, 20 def, 24 res
B Bows, A Staff (I assume Aveyn Knight made a typo here)
Silver Bow, Autumn Festal (aka Hoshido Physic), Zanshin (S rank yumi)

Chapter 25
Sumeragi (level 14 Trueblade)
43 HP, 25 str, 8 mag, 25 skl, 23 spd, 10 lck, 25 def, 15 res
A Swords
True Ganglari, Hagakure (S rank katana)

what kind of swordmaster has more strength and defense than speed?

Chapter 26
Gunter (level 15 Great Knight)
45 HP, 25 str, 5 mag, 23 skl, 17 spd, 13 lck, 25 def, 20 res
D Swords, C Lances, D Axes
Brave Lance, Tomahawk, Steel Sword, Bifrost (note: he's clearly cheating to wield any one of these)

Chapter 27
Anankos (level 37 Invisible Dragon)
81 HP, 25 str, 15 mag, 24 skl, 24 spd, 18 lck, 25 def, 17 res
Invisible Breath (1)

Chapter 28
Anankos Core (level 40 Invisible Dragon)
101 HP, 35 str, 25 mag, 31 skl, 31 spd, 28 lck, 35 def, 27 res
Invisible Breath (2)

Anankos Head (level 40 Invisible Dragon)
81 HP, 30 str, 20 mag, 26 skl, 26 spd, 23 lck, 30 def, 22 res
Invisible Breath (1)

Anankos Left/Right Arm (level 40 Invisible Dragon)
61 HP, 26 str, 16 mag, 22 skl, 22 spd, 19 lck, 26 def, 18 res
Invisible Breath (1)

note: Anankos stats may not be accurate

I feel like the standard difficulty is already harder than Awakening. On chapter 5 I've been defeated twice in a row. Never had tat issue in awakening.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's one thing that I'm curious about, regarding the story of all 3 routes - are all of them self contained (I'm aware that the 3rd one isn't out yet)?

I was under the impression that to see the whole picture one would have to clear all of them or at least Hoshido/Nohr + neutral. Is it really like that or do the endings of each path feel completely satisfying?

Sorry if this has been answered, but how's Hoshido difficulty compared to Awakening? I was able to get through Awakening's hard pretty smoothly.

Sakura

There's one thing that I'm curious about, regarding the story of all 3 routes - are all of them self contained (I'm aware that the 3rd one isn't out yet)?

I was under the impression that to see the whole picture one would have to clear all of them or at least Hoshido/Nohr + neutral. Is it really like that or do the endings of each path feel completely satisfying?

I have cleared Nohr and done up to chapter 24 in Hoshido.
In general the stories are kind of the same. There might be a few unanswered questions at the end, but there was still a proper end I felt like. It seems self-contained enough. I have no interest in reading route 3 spoilers before I play it so I can't really comment on that.

NeonZ

There are a bunch of plot spoilers which the characters only learn in the 3rd path, most of them are available in the My Castle library bit with the coded texts though (the game itself gives the cipher), so the player can learn about them without the 3rd path.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Do children come at level 1 or scale with your levels? I figure I should do the children gaidens in the latter half of the game since enemies will be higher leveled and better for experience.

I see it more as how can I be the biggest asshole with the "unbreakable" structures in my base. lol
But then you won't get as many visitors/ratings/accessories (´゚д゚`)
Though on my 3rd route playthrough once I've maxed my facilities and picked up all the rating rewards I'll probably make my castle into a death gauntlet.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Do children come at level 1 or scale with your levels? I figure I should do the children gaidens in the latter half of the game since enemies will be higher leveled and better for experience.

But then you won't get as many visitors/ratings/accessories (´゚д゚`)
Though on my 3rd route playthrough once I've maxed my facilities and picked up all the rating rewards I'll probably make my castle into a death gauntlet.

They seem to scale to your level I think? Since some of the kids are higher lv than others that I did the gaidens later on in the story.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Picked both Hoshido and Nohr yesterday. Started on Hoshido, and I'm doing Chapter 6. I'm absolutely loving the game. I'm really excited to have two full FE games to play through.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
They seem to scale to your level I think? Since some of the kids are higher lv than others that I did the gaidens later on in the story.
Btw did you ever figure out what causes lilith to stop getting stat increases? I saw a level 30 lilith online today that had all stats maxed out ( ´_ゝ`)

Edit - seems like progressing in the story has allowed her to start gaining levels again

As far as I'm concerned they basically put an animal crossing game in here.

Did you manage to get past chapter 10? Seems like trying that on lunatic would demotivate anyone from continuing.

not yet. haven't reached ch 10 yet lol. stuff happens somehow demotivates me from playing videogames

Sallokin

Picked both Hoshido and Nohr yesterday. Started on Hoshido, and I'm doing Chapter 6. I'm absolutely loving the game. I'm really excited to have two full FE games to play through.

And by the time you finish both you'll probably have a third option waiting to be downloaded. Never in a million years would I have thought FE would get this kind of treatment.

It's before Awakening in the sense that Owain and the others time traveled to the distant past to come to Fates' countries (according to his support with Ophelia). From their personal point of view though, this is taking place after Grima was defeated in the present (Support with Inigo).

ahh - im still confused here... lol

when you mean the 'present', are you talking about grima being destroyed in awakening's present time after the kids came back in time to destroy the dragon with their younger parents?

what came first? did they arrive at fates' countries first before heading to take down grima?

thanks for your help. lol

NeonZ

ahh - im still confused here... lol

when you mean the 'present', are you talking about grima being destroyed in awakening's present time after the kids came back in time to destroy the dragon with their younger parents?

what came first? did they arrive at fates' countries first before heading to take down grima?

thanks for your help. lol

Yes, I was talking about Grima's defeat. At some point after that, they left and came to Fates' time. Their supports (at least the ones I've read so far) don't make very clear why they did that though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
And by the time you finish both you'll probably have a third option waiting to be downloaded. Never in a million years would I have thought FE would get this kind of treatment.

It's a beautiful world we live in. This is the fucking best.

Parakeetman

Btw did you ever figure out what causes lilith to stop getting stat increases? I saw a level 30 lilith online today that had all stats maxed out ( ´_ゝ`)

Edit - seems like progressing in the story has allowed her to start gaining levels again

Yeah thats what it seems like as mine is gaining stats again.

Last night I ran into a party of mainly lv 99s few others were 80s / 70s. Thankfully the person was not a total asshole and had the leader placed away from the capture point, so I manged to grab the base but lost 90% of my forces in the process. Had to reload twice too. lol

Forced other units to chase specific ones so I could get a fairly clear shot at the throne. But pretty much if any unit got into combat range we got vaporized. The way they had the base set up allowed for at least 1 possible route to the throne but you need to use a unit that had a movement of at least 8 or its impossible as the other units would catch up if you were unlucky with what the AI targeted. Thank god too the enemy AI does not destroy their own buildings also just to get at the player.

Still now I have 1 lv 99 unit though lol.

jzbluz

After a few delays, I finally managed to play my copy of FEif. I decided to pick Hoshido's casual lunatic because I wanted a challenge but I'm not a complete masochist. However, I'm already at chapter 5 and questioning my decision to start with lunatic. I think I'm only playing a couple of more chapters on lunatic before downgrading to hard.

woopWOOP

So the trailer showed that you can place little plots of land in your 'My Castle' to grow crops or keep livestock. Can you place many of these or is it just one of each?

Gotta know if my dream of a total farm castle can be a reality.

After a few delays, I finally managed to play my copy of FEif. I decided to pick Hoshido's casual lunatic because I wanted a challenge but I'm not a complete masochist. However, I'm already at chapter 5 and questioning my decision to start with lunatic. I think I'm only playing a couple of more chapters on lunatic before downgrading to hard.

wait, did you get a special edition or...?

also Hoshido casual lunatic eh, Shun sends his regards and thinks you're a scrub for moving down

Parakeetman

So the trailer showed that you can place little plots of land in your 'My Castle' to grow crops or keep livestock. Can you place many of these or is it just one of each?

Gotta know if my dream of a total farm castle can be a reality.

One of each. When you are able to harvest from them is dictated by the in game time which changes when you do things like missions or battle other castles.

To gain more resources from them you need to lv those up, but not quite sure if its just story progression or something else that unlocks when you can level up said structures.

Jubern

I just finished Nohr and I have a decent idea of how Hoshido will turn out.

Can I skip it and just buy the third scenario when it comes out or do I absolutely have to buy and finish Hoshido too?
I'm afraid that by the time I finish Hoshido I'll be pretty burnt out on the game...

NeonZ

I just finished Nohr and I have a decent idea of how Hoshido will turn out.

Can I skip it and just buy the third scenario when it comes out or do I absolutely have to buy and finish Hoshido too?
I'm afraid that by the time I finish Hoshido I'll be pretty burnt out on the game...

Yes, you can skip it. The only thing you'll be missing by not buying all three routes are a couple of items and the Dark Falcon class (you get Dread Fighter by buying 2 and Dark Falcon if buying 3 routes).

Jubern

I'm not a completionist nor a diehard FE fan by any means, so I'm good with this!

Thank you for the quick reply.

edit > I've been searching the thread for a summary of the Hoshido route but I realized it's plagued with spoilers for the third route, which I really don't want to read.

Would anyone be kind enough to write me a small writeup (general outline of what happens, who dies, final boss)?
Again, no spoilers for 3rd route please!

Sakura

I'm not a completionist nor a diehard FE fan by any means, so I'm good with this!

Thank you for the quick reply.

edit > I've been searching the thread for a summary of the Hoshido route but I realized it's plagued with spoilers for the third route, which I really don't want to read.

Would anyone be kind enough to write me a small writeup (general outline of what happens, who dies, final boss)?
Again, no spoilers for 3rd route please!

Events are generally the same as Nohr just often under different circumstances. IE Lilith still dies taking a blow for Kamui, just this time from Ganz instead.
Elise and Marx die. Elise taking a blow from Marx trying to stop you two from fighting.
Unlike in Nohr side where Takumi gets possessed by something and has to be defeated, Aqua is able to free him from possession before it is too late.
The last boss is the King. After you beat him once, he turns into a big dragon, because he apparently has the same ability as you, but his is a much stronger form of it. Aqua sings her song while you fight, you eventually beat him, then she disappears.
Other things I'm probably forgetting but I don't think anything too important? Ryouma becomes king for Hoshido, Leon king for Nohr.

Draxal

I changed my mind, I'm staying on casual lunatic. I think I'm getting used to the game plus you can actually grind.

Is the grinding like Lunatic Awakening (aka nonexistent unless you have dlc)?

Man, hp totals feel so low in this game my Kagerou has 24 hp at promoted level 8 as does my Azura at level 31 songstress. Kamui (Corrin) is at a beastly 44 at level 9 promoted (went with the default +hp/-luck in the beginning).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Progressed a bit and have all the standard characters you get through the story in anya so I started planning a marriage chart. Then I realized there's more males with children tied to them than there are marry-able female characters in the parent generation.

So it looks like the only way to get all available children in anya is to recruit Flora through my castle shenanigans or have Kamui marry a child generation character? ( ´_ゝ`)

Top Bottom