• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Btw, it looks like we were both wrong about this one.

https://twitter.com/CureVylash/status/615609260001599488

dude the same source said that Byakuya/White Kingdom/Hoshido/Birthright/whatever you wanna call it passed it after the first day

that being said, Japan being more casual than the west+Japanese aesthetic made that conclusion obvious

also,
why is the story for Nohr so dumb? "reforming Nohr from the inside" my ass

L95

Just finished Anya Chapter 10, wasn't that bad. Though I'm playing on Normal, guessing people having trouble are on Hard/Lunatic.

Yeah, hard's ch10 is ridiculous. (at least for my skill, I'm sure there are better players...)

Just beat it, the only reason I won is because the pegasus AI prioritizes capturing the points, I had no one to block off Aqua, so I got really lucky there...

Draxal

dude the same source said that Byakuya/White Kingdom/Hoshido/Birthright/whatever you wanna call it passed it after the first day

that being said, Japan being more casual than the west+Japanese aesthetic made that conclusion obvious

Lol, yeah I just saw that update. WOOPS.

Sakura

11 turns? That's a bit rough for an early-ish Defend map... Can you block the spawn points, or is that a bad idea due to range and/or limited Nohr EXP?

How easy is the AI to fool in this one, anyway? It kind of stopped falling for the "Unequip the toughest guy's weapon" trick around Awakening.

It's a pretty big map so that wouldn't be a very good idea. There are flying units that would just fly right past your troops to the area you have to defend. There are also weapons on the map that can be used by you or the enemy to do area damage, and enemies will grab it if they have a chance.

Enemies also seem to be somewhat smart in that they will prioritise the objective, or grabbing a weapon as opposed to fighting your dudes. But they are still dumb as well sometimes too (attacking me when they have a zero percent chance of hitting)

Vena

I've seen some pictures on Miiverse that make me worry about their usability...

Apparently, they can't use Parallel Seals. I really hope there's some other way to give them other skills, otherwise they might end up pretty bad in the long run...

They were pretty bad in STEAM by the end of the game for the same reason.

Draxal

I've seen some pictures on Miiverse that make me worry about their usability...

Apparently, they can't use Parallel Seals. I really hope there's some other way to give them other skills, otherwise they might end up pretty bad in the long run...

They can't use
parallel seals but they can use dread fighter scrolls, I tested mine on Lucina and it works

NeonZ

They can't use
parallel seals but they can use dread fighter scrolls, I tested mine on Lucina and it works

That's... a nice surprise actually.
I guess that means other special DLC scrolls will work with them too.

Draxal

That's... a nice surprise actually.
I guess that means other special DLC scrolls will work with them too.

I mean don't get me wrong.

Eventually, all competetive play will probably be using Kamui/Kanna clones, but the 4 amiibos get 4 skills out of their special class, losing a personal skill does suck though

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Are the FE amiibo's compatible with FE amie?

Just curious lol

And what is this about TCG FE DLC, any info about that?

Draxal

Are the FE amiibo's compatible with FE amie?

Just curious lol

And what is this about TCG FE DLC, any info about that?

Nope.

There's alternate versions of Prince Marth
Starlode
and Masked Lucina
Great Lord
(using their card game art as their picture). And one of Pegasus Knight Minerva (who has the skills of a
dark falcon
).

Marth and Lucina are gotten from buying their respective S1 Trial decks, while getting Minerva is from buying a S1 booster box. These also
can't parallel seal but they can use the dread fighter class scroll

Sword beams!
Not as good as Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I'll take it.

His aether animation is great.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Felicia's stat growth has been terrible for me

GSR

Wound up starting with Hoshido per request of the stream I was running. Hard for the prologue was a decent level of challenge - I'm guessing comparable to Hoshido's campaign (disregarding grinding.) Looking forward to Nohr as well.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
These randomly generated my castle layouts are going to give people with OCD aneurysms

Edit - oh, thank god you can move them around

NeonZ

I mean don't get me wrong.

Eventually, all competetive play will probably be using Kamui/Kanna clones, but the 4 amiibos get 4 skills out of their special class, losing a personal skill does suck though

The main thing that made me worried is actually some leaked information about future DLC.
There's actually going to be Lodestar and Great Lord seals. Even though it's just one per file for each one, those pretty much make Marth and Lucina useless in comparison to any main character using them, since they can pick their best skills and combine with anything else, while the Amiibo are stuck with those classes.

I could just be dumb, but is there a way
to revert a class change if you turn an Amiibo unit into a dread fighter?

Couldn't you just use a parallel seal at that point?
As I understand it, the Amiibo should work like captured boss/generic characters, but they can't use a parallel seal, unlike them, because their main class itself doesn't have a split promotion to change into. But if they gain a new class outside of their original one, they should be able to use one to return to their base class.

Has anyone been able to find out anymore info on whether or not Male Corrin and Zero get kids when you S rank them? There's conflicting info all over the place.

The latest I heard is that you still get Zero's kid but not Corrin's, and only after you complete the main campaign.

Is anyone here with the Nohr version planning on marrying Zero with the male avatar? It would be nice to get some direct info.

As I understand it, the Amiibo should work like captured boss/generic characters, but they can't use a parallel seal, unlike them, because their main class itself doesn't have a split promotion to change into. But if they gain a new class outside of their original one, they should be able to use one to return to their base class.
Ah, I see. I never did much messing around with seals outside of straight promotions, so I wasn't sure how they worked. Thank you.

The main thing that made me worried is actually some leaked information about future DLC.
There's actually going to be Lodestar and Great Lord seals. Even though it's just one per file for each one, those pretty much make Marth and Lucina useless in comparison to any main character using them, since they can pick their best skills and combine with anything else, while the Amiibo are stuck with those classes.

Regarding that,
I guess they know how scarce amiibo is, and decided to not making them a gamechanger :\

Regarding that,
I guess they know how scarce amiibo is, and decided to not making them a gamechanger :\

which is fine for me, I will still us Ike on casual playtrough just because is map sprite and animations look really cool. I'm just not too fond of his skills (veteran intuition sucks) and the lack of personal skill. But that would be too unfair for those who cannot get or doesn't care about amiibo.

wait, who's doing Anya Lunatic atm here? Don't tell me I'm alone? D:

How hard is it so far ? I just hope it's not as stupid or broken as Awakening (midgame was a joke seriously)

Did anyone play both versions?
Is there a reason to play both and not just one of them?
And how long is the game if you only play one campaign?
As long as awakening was,or shorter?

Draxal

Yes, also tested that out as well.

Draxal

which is fine for me, I will still us Ike on casual playtrough just because is map sprite and animations look really cool. I'm just not too fond of his skills (veteran intuition sucks) and the lack of personal skill. But that would be too unfair for those who cannot get or doesn't care about amiibo.

How hard is it so far ? I just hope it's not as stupid or broken as Awakening (midgame was a joke seriously)

From what I've heard, Chapter 10 (a defense chapter) is giving a ton of people trouble on hard/lunatic, but it drops there and then spikes again later on one chapter and then drops again.

Swamped

Banned
Apparently this game sold more than 300,000 copies among both versions. That's insane! Can't wait for this to come to the west!

bomblord1

Banned
So I've been reading that each game actually plays fairly differently. Anyone who has finished both can you comment on which you thought was better as a game?

StayDead

Just finished chapter 11.
I really love the way Kamui is trying to avoid casualties. Feels kinda badass without needing to be.

I'm on normal now though >_<

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you've replayed a map so many times every move is down to a science

Anya chapter 8
trying to complete the map with 3 villages visited on hard is killing me lol.
Already harder than anything in Awakening hard.

StayDead

That feel when you've replayed a map so many times every move is down to a science

Anya chapter 8

I found a tactic for that and got really lucky.

Pair Kamui with Elise and basically run past all the wizards at the bottom since they barely do any damage to Elise. When you get to the other side you've got to get lucky, but you can get to the top village before the enemy can spawn and it gives you enough time to take the bottom one too.

Didn't play at all today... heh I really need to do chapter 9 tonight.

Anya chapter 8

i did
the bottom 3, baiting Flora to freeze Kamui/Silas while letting Elise visit the 2 village on the left while letting Zero/Odin killing the mobs. And oh, don't forget to use freeze on the Lancer before the 3rd village. That one is important lol
in Lunatic.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
And just as I complain, finally managed to beat it

Didn't think of going with the bottom 3 like you guys, that was probably a waaaay better strategy than what I ended up doing lol.

Basically immediately went north first to kill the couple of scouts heading towards the topmost village, then moved the whole army west to the bottom left village and barely managed to protect it. Carefully killed the rest of the units and once everyone was dead went back and visited the top village and the one near the start.

Well, we only have the one person playing lunatic Nohr right now and he didn't get to the hard chapter yet, so guess we'll have to wait and find out.
*cough* I'll try my best to experience that chapter 10 hell a.s.a.p
And just as I complain, finally managed to beat it

Didn't think of going with the bottom 3 like you guys, that was probably a waaaay better strategy than what I ended up doing lol.

Basically immediately went north first to kill the couple of scouts heading towards the topmost village, then moved the whole army west to the bottom left village and barely managed to protect it. Carefully killed the rest of the units and once everyone was dead went back and visited the top village and the one near the start.

complaining on GAF always work haha

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So with the finite exp in anya route is it better to level a base unit to 20 before promoting or just promote once they're able/learned all the class skills? If the former, is mozume worth leveling to 30?

NeonZ

Your level doesn't reset when you reclass, unlike in Awakening, so there's no reason to promote before level 20, even in Hoshido. You'll want as many level as you can get. There are eternal seals, which raise promoted caps, but those aren't cheap.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I was just browsing and noticed that amazon.co.jp currently has the Anya and Byakuya DLCs for 1667 yen, which is a pretty decent savings.

What do those DLC's do exactly?

I thought the only DLC that was available in due time was the third arc or is there more?

Nope.

There's alternate versions of Prince Marth
Starlode
and Masked Lucina
Great Lord
(using their card game art as their picture). And one of Pegasus Knight Minerva (who has the skills of a
dark falcon
).

Marth and Lucina are gotten from buying their respective S1 Trial decks, while getting Minerva is from buying a S1 booster box. These also
can't parallel seal but they can use the dread fighter class scroll

Hope ISys patches that. Not keeping my hopes up though.

Top Bottom