• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I held off watching part one because I wanted to watch both when out but now no part two? This is so stupid, how long can the studios keep this going.

The studios don't want to pay the smaller actors what they need to help survive... It cuts into THEIR profits. Working actors work regular jobs AND acting jobs ... While being paid like a little above background extras.

Kilau

The studios don't want to pay the smaller actors what they need to help survive... It cuts into THEIR profits. Working actors work regular jobs AND acting jobs ... While being paid like a little above background extras.
They could at least agree to the ai and actor likeness stuff. The studios need a reckoning over their creative bookkeeping and all of corporate America needs a kick in the dick over executive pay.

Toons

What seems goofy? That the movie looks like woke garbage? Because that’s still true.

If you say so.

The actual official shot looks like snow white to me. Woke isnt a real metric; and could mean any number of things depending on your disposition so I'm not inclined to address that.

Toons

That and the movie didn't do as well as they hoped. Which is unfortunate because I thought it was great.

Toons

Which snow white have you seen? Doesn't look like snow white at all.

NQC7m43.jpg

49c4p4H.jpg

Looks similar to me. Besdies not being a cartoon.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I could show that second picture to a random on the street and they'd know its snow white.

Unless you're trying to refer to something else without saying it.... I think my eyes are just fine as they are.
I've never seen or read about that snow white. I'd bet most would say the same.

Toons

This isn't snow white in any sense. It's obvious. I'm being quite direct.

You're really not.

Becaus I can send this to a child and they'd know who that is in seconds. Try it out for yourself.

So, as I said before, if there's something specific you're referring to, I'm afraid I haven't quite grabbed on to what you're trying to say. I'm assuming it's a touchy subject so perhaps we can agree to disagree on it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You're really not.

Becaus I can send this to a child and they'd know who that is in seconds. Try it out for yourself.

So, as I said before, if there's something specific you're referring to, I'm afraid I haven't quite grabbed on to what you're trying to say. I'm assuming it's a touchy subject so perhaps we can agree to disagree on it.
There's nothing to disagree on. I'm correct. That isn't snow white. The story (appears) not to be snow white. The only thing that's the same is the title.

Last edited:

Toons

There's nothing to disagree on. I'm correct. That isn't snow white. The story (appears) not to be snow white. The only thing that's the same is the title.

The people who own snow white say its snow white.

I say it looks like snow white.

Anyone you show that picture to will say it is snow white.

Im not familiar enough on the story to know discuss those details. Im talking about the picture, and that looks like snow white, and the studio that created snow white and is adapting their own property says its snow white. I agree with them.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

You mean she's not white? Just say it. It's not controversial. She's not white is why you don't like picture. I get it. Shamalan made Katara and Aang and Sokka white and the fire nation Indian. You don't like racebending.

But to Toons point... The dress and hair style is iconic and anyone can tell that's Snow White.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The people who own snow white say its snow white.

I say it looks like snow white.

Anyone you show that picture to will say it is snow white.

Im not familiar enough on the story to know discuss those details. Im talking about the picture, and that looks like snow white, and the studio that created snow white and is adapting their own property says its snow white. I agree with them.
Really? You have no familiarity with snow white? I find that hard to believe.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You mean she's not white? Just say it. It's not controversial. She's not white is why you don't like picture. I get it. Shamalan made Katara and Aang and Sokka white and the fire nation Indian. You don't like racebending.

But to Toons point... The dress and hair style is iconic and anyone can tell that's Snow White.
He just said he's not familiar with snow white so that doesn't track. He's defending something he apparently has no clue about. Seems odd don't you think? Why would that be?

Toons

He just said he's not familiar with snow white so that doesn't track. He's defending something he apparently has no clue about. Seems odd don't you think? Why would that be?
I said I'm not familair with the story direction of the new film.

Im as familiarity with the character snow white as everyone else is.

Of its your race shes referring to, I wouldn't have even known that girl wasn't white if I hadn't been told.

tkscz

The timing of this screen is too perfect for the previous leaks not to be real in my opinion. They knew they would have to delay the movie until 2025 because of the strikes. Perfect time for a ton of reshoots and rushed CGI. The movie has gone through test audiences already and multiple delays and reshoots. Yeah, I believe what we saw before was real, but left on the cutting room floor.

I could show that second picture to a random on the street and they'd know its snow white.

Unless you're trying to refer to something else without saying it.... I think my eyes are just fine as they are.
Only because of the dress and the dwarves.

You could show this and people will know its snow white:

images

Toons

The green one looks like the guy from Mad Magazine.

Aint his name droopy?

Hes the one with no beard who doesn't talk. Hes the easiest one for me to recognize

Edit: his names dopey. I actually can't tell apart most of the others from this shot, hes easy to spot tho.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Without the dress and dwarves nobody would guess this is snow white. What point are you trying to unsuccessfully make?

Isn't that the point? The dress, the hairstyle... It's not like the OG toon has Snow White in a hoodie or pink clothes. The colors and style dress and hairstyle are what identify her. You KNOW this. Without those clothes and that hairstyle NO ONE would recognize her... You included

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Isn't that the point? The dress, the hairstyle... It's not like the OG toon has Snow White in a hoodie or pink clothes. The colors and style dress and hairstyle are what identify her. You KNOW this. Without those clothes and that hairstyle NO ONE would recognize her... You included
What are you arguing? The guy I quoted is saying you could tell one is snow white with out the hair and dress but you can't tell the other one is Snow White without the hair and dress. I'm saying that you can't tell either one is snow white without the hair and dress.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What are you arguing? The guy I quoted is saying you could tell one is snow white with out the hair and dress but you can't tell the other one is Snow White without the hair and dress. I'm saying that you can't tell either one is snow white without the hair and dress.

That's not what he said. He said "only because of the dress and dwarves" ... Not without them.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
That's not what he said. He said "only because of the dress and dwarves" ... Not without them.
Go back and reread his post. He said the Disney one you can "only because of the dress and dwarves" then he proceeded to post a photo of a different show white and said you could tell that one is snow white even without the dress and dwarves.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

NQC7m43.jpg

49c4p4H.jpg

Looks similar to me. Besdies not being a cartoon.
That's because the picture is in the shade which gives the illusion that her skin is in shade but take everyone out of that shade and well... she'd still be "in the shade".Only the dwarfs would have a lighter skin tone as an effect.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Go back and reread his post. He said the Disney one you can "only because of the dress and dwarves" then he proceeded to post a photo of a different show white and said you could tell that one is snow white even without the dress and dwarves.

You read it wrong...

0GHH0OL.jpg

Again, no one said anything about "without the dress and the dwarves"

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
You read it wrong...

0GHH0OL.jpg

Again, no one said anything about "without the dress and the dwarves"
He quoted toons and said that the only reason people can tell Disney snow white is snow white is because of the dress and dwarves then he posted a picture and said people can tell his is snow white inferring that even without the dress and dwarves people could but by all means get hung up on semantics. You are technically right he didn't say it he inferred it.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

In this promo poster the Snow White has poisoned the seventh dwarf and tries to play the victim as the rest of the dwarves are very suspicious of her.

I can't find that story of James Cameron having to push Weta to correctly use dark shadows for Alita, maybe it was in the making of book. CGI artists tend to light everything well so you can see the stuff, but that's not how reality works.
The new picture is a washed out mess.

I'll just watch Mirror Mirror again, it has dwarves and Snow White is super cute.

XWfWADj.gif

ManaByte

Gold Member
That's because the picture is in the shade which gives the illusion that her skin is in shade but take everyone out of that shade and well... she'd still be "in the shade".Only the dwarfs would have a lighter skin tone as an effect.
Wat

This isn’t a Little Mermaid situation.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Is Rachel Zegler aware that she’s disliked heavily? Does she know she’s the third most hated person in America

ManaByte

Gold Member
Third most hated person? What does that ranking look like?

I doubt most people know who she is. The vast majority of people don't care about that shit.

She's been in a Spielberg remake of a musical most people didn't see and a DC movie literally no one saw. But somehow she's the third most hated person in the country.

Top Bottom