• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

no i haven't read it which is why I want it explained to me

tumblr_n1z18gJjh11s9ufo0o8_500.png

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This looks...mildly interesting...I was a HUGE fan of the 1990 Flash show so....I dunno if this will live up to that.

Jumping aboard the hype train.

Here's an outlandish statement that I feel quite alone in saying.

The Flash is my favourite DC superhero and I am more hyped for this film than any Superman or Batman film. Haven't enjoyed a single one (minus Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker in TDK)

Seems a lot like Arrow (which depended much upon the Batman mythos). So it seems Flash is going to pick and choose from the DCU.

Yup. Arrow's done that quite a bit thus far by merging various characters and using characters that aren't generally considered a part of Ollies Rogue Gallery primarily. They'll do the same thing in The Flash most likely because.. why not? It's not going to interfere with anything and if it's an interesting or intriguing take on the character it can only be good. Deathstroke on Arrow was awesome for the most part.

marrec

Banned
is that guy faster than light? How did that scrub manage to get frozen and then kicked?

Captain Cold in the New 52 canon is much more powerful than his previous incarnations. Also much more cunning. Johnny Quick is basically an evil version of the Flash from a different universe so yes, he's very fast, but Captain Cold's no scrub.

The point of 'The Rogues' though is that they know they cannot do anything to Flash on their own so they always team up to cause him trouble.

The Flash is my favourite DC superhero and I am more hyped for this film than any Superman or Batman film. Haven't enjoyed a single one (minus Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker in TDK)

You're not alone. The Flash has been my favorite Superhero period since I was little and read through the Silver Age Flash series.

I'm more excited about this TV show than any movie or video game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fucking love it, I'm actually impressed with some of the running effects (for a tv show on CW no less, I was expecting it to look much worse), the close up shots when he is running look funny though lol.

So this new origin has Professor Zoom responsible for killing Barry's mom? I think they've done this before, but through time-travel shenanigans. Prof Zoom can't exist before The Flash was created, so I assume time travel shenanigans will happen in the show as well.

That's actually, Barry's Flash Rebirth origin, as created by Geoff Johns, who's involved with this show. That entire scene with his mother and the Flashes comes from Flash Rebirth.

So I'm guessing the guy in the wheelchair ends up becoming the Flash's version of Professor Zoom.

That's a new character. Zoom has been cast and is in the show, but I'll not say who he is.

If you want to know, here's Professor Zoom's Wikipedia page and the IMDB cast page. Match up the names.

Gartooth

Don't know what to expect since I haven't seen Arrow yet, but I'm not overly impressed. Special effects look good so far given their budget.

DieH@rd

Banned
Fucking love it, I'm actually impressed with some of the running effects (for a tv show on CW no less, I was expecting it to look much worse), the close up shots when he is running look funny though lol.

I dont think there is a way to make those closeup shots to look better. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Love Arrow and I'm already sold on this.

extended trailer was awesome.

infi

That extended trailer is fucking unbelievable. I know people will nitpick over visual effects and whatnot, but what I'm excited about is the tone, the story and the characters-and this sells me on everything. I'm so incredbily excited.

I just wonder what other DC spinoffs we could get in the Arrowverse that are feasible for TV? I know there were rumors about Hourman-too bad Constantine isn't in the same universe.

You could probably do spinoffs for the suicide squad and birds of prey easy enough.

As much as I like Arrow I like that the Flash is looking lighter and cheesier than that. I just worry how it will look if the budget gets cut.

PirateKing

You could probably do spinoffs for the suicide squad and birds of prey easy enough.

As much as I like Arrow I like that the Flash is looking lighter and cheesier than that. I just worry how it will look if the budget gets cut.

I was telling my friend that Suicide Squad show needs to happen. With *Arrow Spoilers*
Slade now in prison, they should make him the leader for SS, get Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Harley Quinn and anyone else that could be interesting. Oh man, this SS would my favorite show if they do it right.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that seems awful

effects seem okay, though when they zoom in to show him actually running he never looks like he's doing anything other than jogging in place

dialogue was Smallville-tier

that's not a good thing

Also FUCK you DC for putting Iris West in with Barry Allen, and you also suck for using the dumb Nu52 version of the Flash origin.

Zero315

Banned

Nah, you're not alone in that. Well, the movie stuff maybe, but not about Flash. He's my second favorite right behind Green Lantern (Hal Jordan and Barry Allen 4 lyfe).

There needs to be a shot with Barry just hanging from a salmon ladder ineffectually trying to shimmy up it.

Please make this happen CW.

Training montage with Oliver and Barry pls.

Wiktor

The trailer was incredible. It just looks so damn fun. Sure, some effects are weaker, but overall the sense of speed was immense and it's obvious they won't shy away from really big powers, so I don't care if sometimes CG feels off.

I just wonder what other DC spinoffs we could get in the Arrowverse that are feasible for TV? I know there were rumors about Hourman-too bad Constantine isn't in the same universe.
For a while now I've been thinking Azrael would be the best choice for third CW show. He's superpowered, but not on the level of Flash, so he would fit nicely between Flash and Arrow power-wise. And putting the whole secret societies wars on forefront instead of vigilantism would also make it fresh when contrasted with two other shows. Plus he would be easily done on CW budget.

And about Constantine isn't in the same universe. John works a lot on his own with other Vertigo supernaturals than as a strong part of superheroes's affairs. Plus CW just isn't willing to go dark and disturbing enough to do the source material justice, unlike NBC. That said, I do hope that Constantine will be wildly successful and this will make NBC create a spin-off based on some other Vertigo property, like Books of Magic for example.

Does the Vertigo cast ever interact with the DCU? I'm not well rounded enough to know if it's ever happened. Seems like it wouldn't really work that well given the difference in tone. At least for Constantine.

marrec

Banned
Oh yeah. Treadmill time.

Cosmic Treadmill doesn't have the same... draw... as the Salmon Ladder I think.

Does the Vertigo cast ever interact with the DCU? I'm not well rounded enough to know if it's ever happened. Seems like it wouldn't really work that well given the difference in tone. At least for Constantine.

Well in Flash just recently, Deadman made an appearance. Also, Zatanna has been a mainstay in both DCU and Vertigo.

-Deimos

Fucking awesome.

Looks more superhero-y as opposed to the gritty realistic style of Arrow. I like it.

And the effects look way better than I imagined. I didn't actually think they could pull it off.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The trailer looks really good, as always' CW's reliance on C tier actors is a bit of an annoyance but everything just looks solid.

mreddie

OK that was cool and I need to start watching Arrow do I?

I'm also wondering when is Panabaker turning into Killer Frost?

Wiktor

Vertigo was a a separate universe, Hellblazer included. Eventually the characters got integrated with main DC Universe, but they're not the same versions of characters that we know from Vertigo.

Cosmic Treadmill doesn't have the same... draw... as the Salmon Ladder I think.

Well in Flash just recently, Deadman made an appearance. Also, Zatanna has been a mainstay in both DCU and Vertigo.

It's the CW. Every activity is done shirtless at one time or another.

Also I was completely unaware of the crossovers. Thanks for the info (and from you as well Bryanee).

Also, this post from the Cancellation thread.
So is that The 1990's TV Flash as Barry Allen's dad?

Which is an awesome catch. Don't know if someone else caught it and already mentioned it in this thread.

Yeah 2nd trailer is a huge improvement. Wouldn't have shot that first one at all.

If you mean the First Look with Arrow, that wasn't really a Trailer so much as a teaser and I believe it was done to show the suit and speed in action to Arrow viewers who otherwise might not have caught this trailer online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom