• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Here's the old Flash :)

kqzqmx.png

marrec

Banned
This will have a lot of moments Flash could EASILY solve but won't due to plot convenience. A fucking lot.

How is Captain Boomerang up there a villain anyway, Flash is faster than light and fights a guy with boomerangs? I'm not that much into DC, so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but whenever I see Flash he pretty much has limitless power.

He's as effective as a villain as Green Arrow is as a hero.

They're both glorified circus acts when you get right down to it.

Patryn

Now this is interesting. Trying to place these cities geographically is always interesting.

Is Starling basically a more fucked up Seattle? Central City being Portland would make sense as Portland seems like a pretty Barry-place to be. Though Bludhaven is on the east coast, so is Starling in the midwest? On the east coast as well?

If Flash is like Arrow, it'll actually use city establishing shoots from a variety of cities. I learned this one day when I saw that Arrow used a shot of the Pru and wondered if it always used Boston. Turns out it uses a bunch of cities including Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Boston, etc.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Now this is interesting. Trying to place these cities geographically is always interesting.

Is Starling basically a more fucked up Seattle? Central City being Portland would make sense as Portland seems like a pretty Barry-place to be. Though Bludhaven is on the east coast, so is Starling in the midwest? On the east coast as well?
According to Wikipedia, Star City is in northern California in the comics while Central City is near the Kansas/Missouri boarder.

Voror

Hmm, I liked it. I did enjoy that they actually showed the whole backstory with his mom as well as making
Zoom
a little creepy there.

Still, the dialogue had me cringing at times throughout that trailer and I'm not sure about him having his little team. It works with Arrow, but I don't know if it will here. And that one guy with the shoulder length hair already irritates me.

So I'm imagining they're going away from the villains having tech and more towards powers gained from the event as is the case with the Weather Wizard? I kind of liked Cold's guns and the whole idea with them.

DaveH

No sound for the extended trailer at work, but looks good. I'm almost happy I didn't get the sound, because it looks like they've given away a lot of the season (but if it has the breakneck pace of Arrow's Season 2, I've got nothing to worry about) or first arc (culminating in a showdown with Weather Wizard-ish?).

As much as I despise the unnecessarily tragic Geoff Johns origin, I've had 5 years to get over it and can overlook it for what this series will, hopefully, do for The Flash.

I'm really looking forward to the slow motion sequences. I hope the have that motion blur effect that Smallville had from season 3 on.

Soodanim

Love that trailer. I'm a little bit excited for the show to air. I don't care if it doesn't turn out as good as Arrow, I'll be watching it all the same.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
As a fan of (the 2nd season of) Arrow, and Flash in general, I've been looking forward to this ever since they announced it would be happening.
Not entirely sold on Grant Gustin playing Flash and the script will probably be hit or miss (like Arrow).
But other than that, I'm hyped! Awesome to see the cross-over with Arrow, and I'm interested in the tone of the show, seem to go for a slightly more light-hearted style compared to Arrow. I hope we don't end up with tons of flashbacks (no pun intended) of Barry's childhood though.

abundant

No sound for the extended trailer at work, but looks good. I'm almost happy I didn't get the sound, because it looks like they've given away a lot of the season (but if it has the breakneck pace of Arrow's Season 2, I've got nothing to worry about) or first arc (culminating in a showdown with Weather Wizard-ish?)

The trailer was a condensed version of the pilot.

Nyanmaruz

FUCK MAN!!!!! Trailers like this makes me wish both Arrow and the Flash are on HBO instead of the CW, and have like 10-13 episodes per season to retain that standard of quality television. Also, if people are already pretty impressed with the CGI in a budget like this, just imagine how good it will look when the Flash eventually gets his own movie.
Either way, THIS FALL SEASON IS GOING TO BE INSANE!!

Nyanmaruz

Well his aunt and great uncle are black, so likely yes.
Seriously the New 52 is like bleeding through both this Flash series and the DCCU's Batman vs Superman. Black Wally West and Cyborg supposedly being the core member of the eventual Justice League line up.

DaveH

So...S.T.A.R. Labs is run by a bunch of kids???
Science is a young person's game (or perhaps more accurately an evergreen sport). Seniority just means it's easier to take the credit of your juniors. The 2010 Nobel Peace Prize for Physics, for example, was won by 35 year old Novoselov (re: graphene). While that's 9 years older than Panabaker's character, she's not winning a prestigious award either.

Voror

I liked how they had that same effect with the water rising out of the aquarium when Barry's mom is killed as happens with the chemicals when he's struck by the lightning.

properly hyped after seeing the full trailer. like another poster said, I like how the movement effects are similar to the ones in injustice. even the costume reminds me of the game, and I love love love that it's maroon and not bright red. also didnt know that JD's brother from scrubs was gonna be in here, and he was fucking hilarious on that show :D

Voror

Wait, just realized something odd. The Weather Wizard in this is Clyde Mardon who in the comics is the brother of the the actual one Mark Mardon. I wonder if there is something to that or if it's a weird error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom