• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm only somewhat worried because I prefer more grounded shows and it seems nigh impossible to create a Flash show without having superpowered foes all over the place.

G-Fex

yAvuIXR.jpg

PLEASE IGNORE THE GL MOVIE PLEASE!

infi

I'm only somewhat worried because I prefer more grounded shows and it seems nigh impossible to create a Flash show without having superpowered foes all over the place.

This worries me because of budget more than anything else. All these super powered people can easily look dodgy on a CW show budget, but the trailer gives me hope.

Mifune

Mehmber
that seems awful

effects seem okay, though when they zoom in to show him actually running he never looks like he's doing anything other than jogging in place

dialogue was Smallville-tier

It's better to have a good heart than fast legs.

that seems awful

effects seem okay, though when they zoom in to show him actually running he never looks like he's doing anything other than jogging in place

dialogue was Smallville-tier

that's not a good thing

Also FUCK you DC for putting Iris West in with Barry Allen, and you also suck for using the dumb Nu52 version of the Flash origin.

What's wrong with this part?

Anth0ny

Because then bad movies and corporate politics could ruin the amazing Arrowverse

Anything could happen.

Arrow could continue to be awesome, and also be featured in the Justice League movie. I don't see how the movies being bad would directly affect the quality of the TV show...

RedAssedApe

Banned
so many feels.

see some hating on it because of cw though...mostly from people who haven't watched arrow (not talking about gaf just in general) or saying the fx suck because they are used to MCU visuals. funny thing is...the budget for this and arrow are probably much smaller than AOS and they do a much better job at hiding budget deficiencies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I thought Killer Frost was part of Firestorm's rogues gallery, not Flash's?

Like Arrow, they're picking whatever they want from the DC universe that fits. I'm fine with that, frankly. There's only so much you can do with the same handful of villains.

WarMacheen

Watched the extended trailer, I got me a nice comfy seat on the hype train.

But, CW, leave the close up running bits out.

Noirulus

This looks... terrible. Acting was bad, sound mixing seemed.. off, and like another posted said, it was just really unimaginative.

Huh.

Based on the opening of that trailer - Central City is Portland, Oregon.

Now this is interesting. Trying to place these cities geographically is always interesting.

Is Starling basically a more fucked up Seattle? Central City being Portland would make sense as Portland seems like a pretty Barry-place to be. Though Bludhaven is on the east coast, so is Starling in the midwest? On the east coast as well?

Vico

Holy Fuck that looks good.
I mean... Sure, this is a superhero story... But goddamn the entire thing looks incredible. Trailer seriously feels like it's for a movie.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This will have a lot of moments Flash could EASILY solve but won't due to plot convenience. A fucking lot.

How is Captain Boomerang up there a villain anyway, Flash is faster than light and fights a guy with boomerangs? I'm not that much into DC, so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but whenever I see Flash he pretty much has limitless power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom