• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Wasn't entirely feeling the teaser, but the full extended trailer looks great. Will definitely be watching.

My only concern is them keeping up the budget for subsequent episodes, because the speed effects look great right now. Only time will tell with that though.

This looks really fun. I got hooked on Arrow and this looks just as willing to jump elbows-deep into the source material. I mean, Zoom and Weather Wizard? On basic cable? Let's go.

TDLink

So is this going to be a full blown series or mini series? Plus I heard Arrow was canceled? Is that true too?

You heard wrong on both counts. Arrow was picked up for Season 3 and The Flash is a full series, not a mini. Both will run simultaneously this fall starting in September.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wow the extended trailer is the whole movie.

And wow this is the cheapest looking movie I have seen in as long as I can remember. Looks like a TV show.

edit: Oh it's a TV show? Ok. Looks boring though.

GrayFoxPL

Amazing CG

iVYaG9lbvjI62.gif

What were they thinking?

DaveH

'My name is Barry Allen, and I'm being played by a horrible actor'
Eh, it's the contrivance of avoiding "My name is Wally West Barry Allen. I'm the Fastest Man Alive. I'm The Flash." the way Amazing Spider-Man clumsily tried to rework "Great Power..."

It's a necessary tradition that requires homage, but for some reason they didn't just play it straight. Given half the stuff that comes out of Green Arrow's mouth, they should've just went with tradition... Flash isn't so well known that the catch-phrase is trite to the wider audience.

Amazing CG
(snip)
What were they thinking?

I imagine they're thinking Smallville went 10-Seasons-and-a-movie (OK, Returns wasn't Smallville, but it meant that Smallville didn't salt-the-earth for a Superman film while it aired) with less.

GrayFoxPL

You are expecting ILM on a CW show?

yeah i dont think theyre keeping in mind nerds dissecting every scene through gifs, tut-tuting about the cg quality

will look great in real time

You guys are defending this hilarious cartoony fuckup model when they done this in the same show:

the_flash___extended_trailer__hd__6_by_ribbonpl-d7ii9xs.gif

And it looks 50 times better?

Seriously before going into full defense mode, stop, compare and think for a second.

You guys are defending this hilarious cartoony fuckup model when they done this in the same show:

Seriously before going into full defense mode, stop, compare and think for a second.

It's the Pilot episode. None of the CGI in it is a good representative of what the regular season stuff anyways (whether it's good or bad). You're nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.

The answer to 'what were they thinking' is still they same, most people aren't going to analyze every CG scene like you are.

GrayFoxPL

It's the Pilot episode. None of the CGI in it is a good representative of what the regular season stuff anyways (whether it's good or bad). You're nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.

I am nitpicking and this is supposed to pass as a human model. Sure. Lol.
iVYaG9lbvjI62.gif

GrayFoxPL

So you're just trying to troll then? Got it.

More like they are trolling. Not like I made this and decided to show it off to everyone.

You guys gonna jump on everybody who'll point out anything not super positive about this?

If they'll smear some shit with crayons on piece of paper and call it action scene, you gonna defend it too?

Get a grip GAF. This looks like rejected cartoon test model from random 3D arts student, and you jump on me like I broke The Flash.

Slayven

I don't even read the Flash but this is fucking ridiculous. A man who can run the speed of light can't see his enemy raise his sword to chest level? A guy who runs through walls? A guy who wears a suit made of go fast?

Really?

That is not even the worse thing that happens in the story.

More like they are trolling. Not like I made this and decided to show it off to everyone.

You guys gonna jump on everybody who'll point out anything not super positive about this?

If they'll smear some shit with crayons on piece of paper and call it action scene, you gonna defend it too?

Get a grip GAF. This looks like rejected cartoon test model from random 3D arts student, and you jump on me like I broke The Flash.

Actually plenty of people, myself included, have made comments both positively and negatively about the various CGI used to represent the Speed. But most people take into account that all of what's in this trailer is from the Pilot episode and subject to change. Maybe for the better. Maybe for the worse. But when you criticize it with what looks like a drive-by post and an attacking comment like "What were they thinking?" then you're going to get a reaction to it from others. Had the comment been more constructive, you probably wouldn't have received so many replies.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even read the Flash but this is fucking ridiculous. A man who can run the speed of light can't see his enemy raise his sword to chest level? A guy who runs through walls? A guy who wears a suit made of go fast?

Really?
The group fight that ensues immediately after Deathstroke stabs the Flash is just as ridiculous, if you can believe it:

http://arousinggrammar.com/2012/08/26/deathstroke-fights-the-entire-jla/

Includes Deathstroke somehow whooping Green Lantern.

Slayven

Deathstroke started off beating Kid Flash at a time when the speed of sound was pretty fucking impressive for him. And they never took in account Wally's power growth in their relationship.

GrayFoxPL

Actually plenty of people, myself included, have made comments both positively and negatively about the various CGI used to represent the Speed. But most people take into account that all of what's in this trailer is from the Pilot episode and subject to change. Maybe for the better. Maybe for the worse. But when you criticize it with what looks like a drive-by post and an attacking comment like "What were they thinking?" then you're going to get a reaction to it from others. Had the comment been more constructive, you probably wouldn't have received so many replies.

"What were they thinking?" is an "attacking comment" now? I hurt someone by showing off this hilariously bad snippet and asking "What were they thinking?"(by showing such shitty model in official trailer) ?

Jesus fucking Christ (Flash)GAF. Did the sensitiveness go to the point of absurd?

iATzlZanLJFxp.gif

Effect

Just realized something. A.R.G.U.S. (Amanda Waller's organization) from Arrow is likely going to play a big role in this series. I don't see how it doesn't given they acknowledged the existance of meta-humans. Waller was willing (Arrow season 2 finale spoiler)
to wipe Starling City (over 500,00 people) off the map with a drone strike in the season finale to stop Deathstroke and only stopped once Arrow saved the day. She gave him until dawn and then speed up the strike once things got worse. The thing was circling the city. It wasn't an empty threat because she launched one in an earlier episode.
That was for just one guy and a small group people like him that were actively being taken care of. Granted
the city was in flames at time
. We're looking at people with far more dangerous powers as shown in the trailer. That entire city has to jump to the top of her work pile as soon as Flash appears. So while the tone might seem lighter from this trailer if story wise they go in certain directions it might not always stay like that.

"What were they thinking?" is an "attacking comment" now? I hurt someone by showing off this hilariously bad snippet and asking "What were they thinking?"(by showing such shitty model in official trailer) ?

Jesus fucking Christ (Flash)GAF. Did the sensitiveness go to the point of absurd?

At this point I'm the only one still continuing this conversation with you so there's no need to refer to anyone else. I'm just explaining why you got so many replies to the initial comment. I used the term "attacking" because that's the closest way I can describe the way the comment comes across. It's not neutral and it's certainly not defensive of the CGI in question. Is there a better way to describe it?

In any case, you're still focused on talking down on that one clip despite that it's been pointed out that it's a pilot episode. You apparently have really strict taste in your TV CGI standards. Thanks for letting us know.

marrec

Banned

iATzlZanLJFxp.gif

Man, driven to drink by FlashGAF already and all we have is a 5 minute trailer.

Flash really is OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom