• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a hand model?

he is
O6HWZhH.gif

balddemon

Banned
Whats the beef with gloves? I always use gloves when working out.

people in here are manly men aka gloves are for pussies

I've used them for covering injuries. otherwise I've never had a need. if you need them or think you need them, go ahead and use them. but fair warning, pulling exercises are harder with them.

ToxicAdam

BRICKLAYERGLOVES_0.JPG

I bring these along if I know I'm going to be doing a heavy day of deadlifts or seated cable pulls.

They are cheap, work great and dont feel too clunky.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No glove, no love.

(I don't use gloves. Loveless)

Can anyone tell me how does weight lifting and Carb Nite fit together? Should I have the Carb Nite after weight training only or can I have it any day I want? For example if I lift sunday, tuesday and thursday, should I have the Carb Nite on saturday or sunday?

Also can I train fasted etc?

Based on my research ::adjusts spectacles:: your Carb Nite is most effective after a workout day (meaning same day, but not vitally necessary). Yes you can train fasted as well, someone on here does it I believe.

sphinx

the piano man
No, just ditch the gloves. Seriously.

I think the only one here who ever got the pass was Sphinx because he plays the piano for his job.

and even me, I am considering ditching them, at least in some specific moves. I've noticed they fuck up my grip.

All of the benching stuff and Pull-ups feel definitely better without them, the grip is better. When I started working out it really was irrelevant, but after some months and since I am trying to break my PRs, they really are turning out to be a rather inconvinient thing.

I really don't position myself in any side of the glove debate, but I would recommend everyone to at least try not using gloves every now and then. See how it feels and see what gives you the better feel and the better results.

I thought lifting with gloves doesn't actually help your grip strength at all (if that is your goal for that lift anyway).

this, this.

I find using gloves gives me blisters especially for something like pullups. I think it was because i couldn't grip properly and the movement of the bar/gloves caused friction on my skin. Definitely won't be going back.

ToxicAdam

I suppose they can be used for gardening or there are gardening ones that look similar. But those I posted are used for bricklaying. They work really good. They don't slip when you use them. It's like a second skin with tacky grips.

Doesn't improve my grip, just prevents callouses from getting ripped off. Only use them when I am pulling real heavy on DL's or double gripped seated pulls.

abuC

Am I being punked? ...I thought it was a joke.
You guys aren't honestly wearing gardening gloves to the gym are you?

LOL, I'll take a pic of mine, the hardware store is 3 shops down from my gym. Everybody and their momma walks around with the gloves I have, seems to be pretty common in NY to see people wearing work gloves as gym gloves.

The Chef

LOL, I'll take a pic of mine, the hardware store is 3 shops down from my gym. Everybody and their momma walks around with the gloves I have, seems to be pretty common in NY to see people wearing work gloves as gym gloves.

haha i gotta see it. PLEASE post pics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those on a cut, what multivitamin are you taking? I need to re-up and I'm considering some changes.

PBY

Banned
Got creatine again for the first time in like 2 years, I actually did get a little bloaty the last time I used it, so I'm cutting/creatining this time.

Whats the best way to dose? 5g immediately after the lift?

I have girlie hands, so I need to wear gloves.

I bet I have smaller hands than you. I used to workout at a gym that had a bin at the front that said "drop your tampons off here" and it was just full of gloves so I developed a complex over them.

Don't blame me blame the system!

SeanR1221

Got creatine again for the first time in like 2 years, I actually did get a little bloaty the last time I used it, so I'm cutting/creatining this time.

5g everyday. On lifting days yeah post workout.

grumble

Doesn't matter when you take it during the day. Some people think that if you take it when insulin levels are a bit higher it absorbs faster, but I never found any difference at all. My trick:

Get some hot water in a mug. Dump in creatine, stir it for ~30 seconds until the water is clear. Add a squeeze of lemon, and enjoy soothing hot lemon water (or gulp it). I found that it worked very quickly doing this before bed, a lot faster than when I added the powder cold to a protein shake, and after the first 1-3 days with zero queasiness.

SeanR1221

You experience any bloating? I know its not supposed to really happen, but I actually did experience a good bit when I was taking it.

I've been consistently taking it for almost a year now so it's hard for me to say. I don't feel bloated but I'm sure I'm retaining some water. Then again I'm not exactly the thinnest guy so I dunno.

PBY

Banned
I've been consistently taking it for almost a year now so it's hard for me to say. I don't feel bloated but I'm sure I'm retaining some water. Then again I'm not exactly the thinnest guy so I dunno.

Word. I only ask cuz I'm trying to get dat 6-pack right for the summer.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just got back from an Xray and found out I broke both my ankle and some fractures in my foot. (Was playing lacrosse and my foot completely got stuck in the turf when I hit someone.)

AKA going to be in a god damn cast for like 2 months.

Any cardio ideas so I don't become a fat ass or have to eat like my girlfriend for half the summer?

Going to continue to lift upper body/core etc whatever doesn't require both feet.

balddemon

Banned
Just got back from an Xray and found out I broke both my ankle and some fractures in my foot. (Was playing lacrosse and my foot completely got stuck in the turf when I hit someone.)

AKA going to be in a god damn cast for like 2 months.

Any cardio ideas so I don't become a fat ass or have to eat like my girlfriend for half the summer?

Going to continue to lift upper body/core etc whatever doesn't require both feet.

I honestly can't think of any cardio you can do until you can put pressure on your broken foot. which if you can do that while you have a boot or cast on, then maybe try the rowing machine? elliptical/arc trainer might work too.

edit: but tbh, I wouldn't do any cardio until my legs are even. don't want hip and knee issues like greg oden.

Front of my shoulders have been kinda aching last couple of days, did decline BB press/incline DB press/seated row/cable scare crows/lat pull-down today.
Improper technique or just tired shoulder muscles?

I have kinda experienced a bit of bloating from my creatine, but it could just as well be from the protein I mix it into.

Doesn't matter when you take it during the day. Some people think that if you take it when insulin levels are a bit higher it absorbs faster, but I never found any difference at all. My trick:

Get some hot water in a mug. Dump in creatine, stir it for ~30 seconds until the water is clear. Add a squeeze of lemon, and enjoy soothing hot lemon water (or gulp it). I found that it worked very quickly doing this before bed, a lot faster than when I added the powder cold to a protein shake, and after the first 1-3 days with zero queasiness.

Is it better to dissolve the creatine? I just throw a scoop in my mouth and drink it with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom