• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
350x700px-LL-f32b3f10_Kqctx.gif

And it's so fucking expensive.

Please post more crossfit photos/gifs - never get tired of them!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Done! 1st one was pretty easy. Waa really close to getting two. Video upcoming...

I do them on Tuesday chef and I work my back on Saturday. On Tuesday I superset them with squats. Although at this point I don't need to practice so if I was you I would work on them twice a week.

The Chef

Done! 1st one was pretty easy. Waa really close to getting two. Video upcoming...

I do them on Tuesday chef and I work my back on Saturday. On Tuesday I superset them with squats. Although at this point I don't need to practice so if I was you I would work on them twice a week.

Super them with Squats!? You freakin boss.

balddemon

Banned

nice.

and chef, I've started super setting my squats with sets of pullups lol. I do max effort on the first set, then 6-8 for the next 2 sets of squats, and finally one last max effort on pullups which usually ends around 6 lol.

Fuzzery

I hurt my left shoulder benching about two weeks ago... hurts to rotate it, and it still hasn't really recovered enough yet and when I try to do a push up or bench there's a bit of pain. It feels bad taking off so much time though... anything I can do to help it heal faster? Tempted to still do squats but idk if that's exactly a good idea

Cooter

Good work, I haven't been able to do one since I hurt my shoulder, weighted is straight beast mode. Sidenote, I realize how freakishly long my arms are, we're around the same height I'm guessing, yet flat footed my wrists are above the pullup handles.

I'm 5'10 for reference and the bar hits right at my first first knuckle. I don't think my arms are particularly long.

LOL, there was someone there today that had these on -

rh-84403.jpg

I was going to take a pic but there was no way to do it without looking like a stalker.

There's a guy at my gym who has those same pair. He also takes a bunch of selfies with his girlfriend. Weirdo.

Mully

LOL, there was someone there today that had these on -

rh-84403.jpg

I was going to take a pic but there was no way to do it without looking like a stalker.

Do we go to the same gym or is this endemic of East Coast gyms? A bunch of guys use the one day use landscaper gloves at the gym and there was actually a guy with those exact gloves pictured above at the gym yesterday.

abuC

I'm 5'10 for reference and the bar hits right at my first first knuckle. I don't think my arms are particularly long.

I'm 6"1 and have really high shoulders (short neck), sucks though cause it makes putting mass on my arms hard.

LOOOOl

I do my yard work with those.

LOL, you should try them out the next time you lift.

There's a guy at my gym who has those same pair. He also takes a bunch of selfies with his girlfriend. Weirdo.

I bet his hands are smooth though ha.

Do we go to the same gym or is this endemic of East Coast gyms? A bunch of guys use the one day use landscaper gloves at the gym and there was actually a guy with those exact gloves pictured above at the gym yesterday.

I go to Extreme Fitness which is a cheap gym, but even when I went to an expensive gym I saw all types of work gloves. I really think it's an NY/East coast thing, almost every corner store or bodega sells work gloves, so you can just get them in a pinch for under $5. That's my theory on it at least.

Cooter

Oh shit! I forgot to memtion this. I'm at the gym and I run into the guy who introduced me to quest bars. He works on the side for them and they hook him up with free product. I asked him if he wanted to sell any and he said he will flat out give me what he has! He tells me he has boxes and boxes of them and he needs to get rid of them because he has a show coming up and he doesn't need the temptation. I have no idea how many boxes he has but who cares. How freaking great is that?

Hello fit gaf...

I've been lifting for a number of years, because of sports I've never stuck with a set lifting plan for a long period of time. I'm a collegiate athlete, and for the past few years I've been on and off a number of different programs due to weight coach changes, our crazy long season, spotty summer lifting programs, etc. So, for the entire summer I think I'm going to stick to the Starting Strength program from the OP. This one:

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5
Pull-Ups - 3 sets of 8-15

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Overhead Press - 3 sets of 5
Power Cleans - 5 sets of 3
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Bent Over Rows - 3 set of 5
Arm work, if desired

I wanted to know what other lifts I could add on to the program, and what days I could add them. I was also wondering how you guys clean and deadlift in your gyms, as mine don't have platforms or rubber weights (two things I dearly miss). It's also going to be tough to make huge gains, as I still need to run pretty much everyday to keep my cardio up. Anyway, thanks for your help!

MjFrancis

CracknutWhirrun, don't add anything to the program. Any more will be counterproductive, especially as the weights increase. For further help from myself or others, please clarify what cardio you perform in a week (what exercise/how long/etc). That could make the program more difficult (though far from impossible).

Anyone feel comfortable posting their 5/3/1 routine on here? Both my mind and body are getting tired of doing BBB after each main lift.

I had previously posted my routine here.

Beast! I hope to match that one day.

---

For my training today I did the deadlift 5/3/1 - front squat 5x10 - straight-leg dl 5x10 and immediately dug out the backyard for two hours. Between the lack of sleep and amount of work I've been putting in like this, I've been beating myself up. Still have a lot more in me though!

Also, this thread moves fast. I've missed a good bit.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Creatine is sensitive to heat guys. Don't take with hot liquids, carbonated, high citric acid beverages.

Doesn't have to dissolve in a beverage first. Lots of people just throw a teaspoon in of it in their mouths and flush it down with a drink.
You do need to drink liquid with it of course. But I seriously doubt any of you would be needed that guidance.

Imm0rt4l

Oh shit! I forgot to memtion this. I'm at the gym and I run into the guy who introduced me to quest bars. He works on the side for them and they hook him up with free product. I asked him if he wanted to sell any and he said he will flat out give me what he has! He tells me he has boxes and boxes of them and he needs to get rid of them because he has a show coming up and he doesn't need the temptation. I have no idea how many boxes he has but who cares. How freaking great is that?
Fuuuark

CracknutWhirrun, don't add anything to the program. Any more will be counterproductive, especially as the weights increase. For further help from myself or others, please clarify what cardio you perform in a week (what exercise/how long/etc). That could make the program more difficult (though far from impossible).

I sprint five days a week. Repeat 400's, sprint ladders, 300's, etc. We have a summer workout program, and I have to stay on top of it in order to be in shape when I return to school in August. I want to get stronger, but I don't want to put on a large amount of weight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

As long as it doesn't turn into him asking you what you think of his definition. No man seriously just touch it. What do you think? Pretty solid eh? Hey let me touch yours.
Ya know. : P

Unless you are looking for that. If so then bonus Quest bars too!

Cooter

As long as it doesn't turn into him asking you what you think of his definition. No man seriously just touch it. What do you think? Pretty solid eh? Hey let me touch yours.
Ya know. : P

Unless you are looking for that. If so then bonus Quest bars too!
I'll touch a shoulder for 10+ boxes. That's as far as I'm willing to go.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Two questions:

1. Are body weight exercises effective in building muscle?
2. Can I get some good recommendations?

blackflag

I threw up over 20 times today. No workout for me. Came very close to calling 911 cuz I legit thought I was dying and there's no way I could make it on my own. Instead my x wife came over to help and i actually stopped throwing up then slept for the next 8 hours.

Not sure if it's the flu or Panda Express.

Noema

I really can't believe anyone tried that, that's some epic fail right there.

you put extra weight on yourself, which you will lift with assitance of the pad under your knees?? (cause that's the picture I get when I read weighted assisted Chin-ups, not sure if it's something else.)

what the fuck is that?? that's absolutely laughable lol

Yep. That's exactly it. Una pendejada. ;)

Noema

Hello fit gaf...

I've been lifting for a number of years, because of sports I've never stuck with a set lifting plan for a long period of time. I'm a collegiate athlete, and for the past few years I've been on and off a number of different programs due to weight coach changes, our crazy long season, spotty summer lifting programs, etc. So, for the entire summer I think I'm going to stick to the Starting Strength program from the OP. This one:

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Arm work, if desired

I wanted to know what other lifts I could add on to the program, and what days I could add them. I was also wondering how you guys clean and deadlift in your gyms, as mine don't have platforms or rubber weights (two things I dearly miss). It's also going to be tough to make huge gains, as I still need to run pretty much everyday to keep my cardio up. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Don't add anything else to Starting Strength. Do it as is, sets accross 3x5 for all lifts except the Deadlift which is 1x5. You must add weight to every lift every workout (at least 5lb to lower body lifts; at least 2.5lb to upper body lifts, otherwise you are not doing Starting Strength.

Barbell Rows are not part of Starting Strength.

You don't need rubber plates to Clean or Deadlift.

Cooter

I tried 25 today after being inspired. No go. Only got a 10lbs up and that just looked like I took a dump in my pants
You're close if you got up with 10. Does anyone else in your gym do them? There's only one at mine but he cheats. Gets to the point like he's ready to dismount into a double twisting back flip and stick the landing.

You're close if you got up with 10. Does anyone else in your gym do them? There's only one at mine but he cheats. Gets to the point like he's ready to dismount into a double twisting back flip and stick the landing.

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Two other high school kids do them but only with the ridiculous kip swing that you perfectly described - looks like they are going for a dismount.

cdkee

Banned
Hello fit gaf...

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Arm work, if desired

I did Pendlay Rows instead of cleans because I just couldn't get the proper clean technique (at least without a PT). But I didn't do them on your Monday/Friday day.

I would recommend not adding anything to it and just doing it as it's laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom