• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Any doctors on GAF? I have suspicion that I have a cervical rib, which is leading to a lot of trap problems. I have an old X Ray from my shoulder where I *Think* I can see a cervical rib. PM me if you could take a look.

grumble

Is it better to dissolve the creatine? I just throw a scoop in my mouth and drink it with water.

I haven't read any research on it, but I've found it worked much better for me. Less queasiness, more pleasant experience, and subjectively I found it kicked in a bit sooner (ie I gained a couple pounds in two weeks instead of a month).

s7evn

Just got back from an Xray and found out I broke both my ankle and some fractures in my foot. (Was playing lacrosse and my foot completely got stuck in the turf when I hit someone.)

AKA going to be in a god damn cast for like 2 months.

Any cardio ideas so I don't become a fat ass or have to eat like my girlfriend for half the summer?

Going to continue to lift upper body/core etc whatever doesn't require both feet.

Upper body ergometer is all I can think of and the only time I've seen those is for research in the lab.
upper-body-ergometer.jpg

I haven't read any research on it, but I've found it worked much better for me. Less queasiness, more pleasant experience, and subjectively I found it kicked in a bit sooner (ie I gained a couple pounds in two weeks instead of a month).

I've never had a queasiness/bloating problem with regards to creatine but I guess it wouldn't hurt drinking it with my nightly green tea.

Just snort it.

All in baby!

Imm0rt4l

My gym has none. Just a typical rack. Sooo lame.

weak sauce, I'm sure they have a bunch of accessory machines that take space away from the good stuff. My gym has one squat rack and one cage. So long as a cage is available, I don't think I'll ever do a strength push day outside of it since I train solo. Hit a PR in that bitch, and I'm cutting. Feels good.

weak sauce, I'm sure they have a bunch of accessory machines that take space away from the good stuff. My gym has one squat rack and one cage. So long as a cage is available, I don't think I'll ever do a strength push day outside of it since I train solo.

Yeah, the 24 Hour has both a squat rack and power rack. I just use the squat rack for squats and power/squat rack for OHP.

balddemon

Banned
my gym is pretty baller, we got 2 cages and 2 racks, and they just got a whole new set of dumb bells. plus as part of the remodel they added this cool thing with a couple power ropes attached to it, and there is a place where you can do oly lifts - AND they added bumper plates. it's pretty freaking awesome.

Noema

weak sauce, I'm sure they have a bunch of accessory machines that take space away from the good stuff. My gym has one squat rack and one cage. So long as a cage is available, I don't think I'll ever do a strength push day outside of it since I train solo. Hit a PR in that bitch, and I'm cutting. Feels good.

My gym used to have a power cage, and it was glorious.

Too bad they decided it wasn't as valuable as the lateral raises machine, so they kept that instead and ditched the cage.

Demon Ice

Banned
Any doctors on GAF? I have suspicion that I have a cervical rib, which is leading to a lot of trap problems. I have an old X Ray from my shoulder where I *Think* I can see a cervical rib. PM me if you could take a look.

Do you get numbness / tingling if you hold your arm above your head for an extended period of time? The arm on the suspected cervical rib side.

velociraptor

it's not the dumbest/most painful thing I've ever seen in the gym, but chances are, no one is going to do 1x50. even with 135, most peoples grip will fail by then. and if form degrades (which is almost guaranteed), then yeah it's pretty dangerous.
I didn't do it in one go. I did it more like 10, small break, 10, small break etc. I prioritise form and safety over sheer stupidity :p

Still, that entire workout kicked my ass. D:

Noema

Today I saw a dude doing deficit Romanian Deadlifts.

Deficit

Romanian

Deadlifts.

And I thought after seeing weighted assisted chin-ups I had already seen it all.

So these Quest Bars... Tried cookie dough and pbj...

JDR6pS5.gif

Delicious. So damn good. Already bought another box of cookie dough. 21 g of protein! With gold card, it is $15!! Heading back tomorrow and again this weekend.

Give it to me. Give it all to me.

USA USA USA

th_chicksandamerica.gif
th_chicksandamerica.gif
th_chicksandamerica.gif

velociraptor

So these Quest Bars... Tried cookie dough and pbj...

JDR6pS5.gif

Delicious. So damn good. Already bought another box of cookie dough. 21 g of protein! With gold card, it is $15!! Heading back tomorrow and again this weekend.

Give it to me. Give it all to me.

USA USA USA

th_chicksandamerica.gif
th_chicksandamerica.gif
th_chicksandamerica.gif

You guys always get the best deals. Protein bars are expensive as shit in the UK!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Peanut butter quest bars are good. Bought 12, dude hooked me up along with a multivitamin. I'm set.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm so bummed my coupon doesn't work anymore. I have to cut back now that they're 22 bucks a box. :(

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Picked up 4 boxes of Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and 1 box of Brownies at GNC all with coupon at $15 per box.

This is the first time I've had the cookie dough. So good.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Have your wife buy them!

I lold at the fact that no GNC let me use the coupon twice. My fiancé? She got away with it three times.
After they put out a memo specifically designed to stop me I'm sure they would recognize the last name.

Mully

Anyone feel comfortable posting their 5/3/1 routine on here? Both my mind and body are getting tired of doing BBB after each main lift.

sphinx

the piano man
Lol. Assisted weighted chin-ups huh? Hahahaha.

I really can't believe anyone tried that, that's some epic fail right there.

you put extra weight on yourself, which you will lift with assitance of the pad under your knees?? (cause that's the picture I get when I read weighted assisted Chin-ups, not sure if it's something else.)

what the fuck is that?? that's absolutely laughable lol

The Chef

I bet this is a wonderful exercise for the joints and the rotator cuff.

A year or so ago I humored my friend and went to a cross-fit session with him. First time in a workout where I though that I was going to seriously injure my shoulder. Stopped right when I felt that familiar pain in my rotator and never did it again. Sketchy stuff man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom