• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime Fitness - worth looking at or trash?

I live in Australia so it might be different but for me it's a god send. I work at a place 2 hours from my home so i sorta live in 2 different areas. Being able to use gyms all around the place with one membership works out great for me (added bonus when i go away for a trip as well).

They don't have the too many squat racks where i go but i mostly go off peak so it doesn't bother me.

despire

Would you guys recommend purchasing the Carb Nite -manual for 20 bucks? Or is there some website that explains it really well?

Interested in making my diet in to a paleo/carb nite bastard.

Petrie

Banned
5/3/1 If you have the book it's page 61.

that was essentially how I did the BB version, but I skipped deload weeks since each part had a week off. Seeing as my gym is 5 minutes away I'm going to give lunchtime workouts a try this cycle just to stick with it, but I'm thinking that your current version will be ideal if not. thanks for the advice my friend!

SeanR1221

Getting better at dips. I feel like your triceps can really take a beating. I went 10, 10, 10, 9, 6, 5 yesterday. First time getting three sets of 10! I really think this will help my bench in the long run.

SeanR1221

No, just ditch the gloves. Seriously.

I think the only one here who ever got the pass was Sphinx because he plays the piano for his job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I live in Australia so it might be different but for me it's a god send. I work at a place 2 hours from my home so i sorta live in 2 different areas. Being able to use gyms all around the place with one membership works out great for me (added bonus when i go away for a trip as well).

They don't have the too many squat racks where i go but i mostly go off peak so it doesn't bother me.
Wicked. As long as they have one squat rack ill be happy.

I think then it was Planet Fitness that is dogshit. Anytime is doing a promotion in early may, $1 for 2 months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can you summarize for me, I'm at work.

If you're a bigger dude, anywhere above or around 15% BF and up, go with Carb Nite. It's easier than carb backloading - which is after you have hit single digit BF generally. So, Carb Nite until around the single digit BF, then switch to CBL.

If you're a bigger dude, anywhere above or around 15% BF and up, go with Carb Nite. It's easier than carb backloading - which is after you have hit single digit BF generally. So, Carb Nite until around the single digit BF, then switch to CBL.

Cool, pretty much what I had gathered from reading the dangerouslyhardcore forums.

theytookourjobz

Alright guys how're these?

Not terrible. Press looks good. If you're low bar squatting you should probably push your hips back further on the descent (think about reaching back with your butt) and maybe find a slightly lower box to squat to or get rid of the box. The clean isn't awful either. A couple tips: make sure you push your knees back off the floor. The first part of the clean is all about positioning and you want to make sure the bar is coming up your legs and into your body, not around your knees. Also on the "catch" you are receiving the bar with your knees way forward. The problem with this is you should be able to do a front squat from any position you receive the bar in a clean so ideally you want to catch the bar with your hips back a little more and your knees out and forward not just forward.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sushi on Saturday.
Taco Bell on Sunday.
5 Guys on Monday.

I feel like shit lol.

To be fair you ate like shit :p probably. Depending on your macros.

Man I miss Taco Bell.

looking forward to CARB NITE. Gym beat my ass last night though, first time back in a while and I'm feeling it this morning. Reset all my personal records so I can watch my progress and it's not a pretty picture. But that'll probably be the worst workout I'll ever have. I can only go up.

To be fair you ate like shit :p probably. Depending on your macros.

Man I miss Taco Bell.

looking forward to CARB NITE. Gym beat my ass last night though, first time back in a while and I'm feeling it this morning. Reset all my personal records so I can watch my progress and it's not a pretty picture. But that'll probably be the worst workout I'll ever have. I can only go up.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. I want to say that I prolly consumed around 3-3.5K calories per day which isn't bad but man, the bloat =/ Now I know why I gave up wheat/flour.

SeanR1221

Sushi on Saturday.
Taco Bell on Sunday.
5 Guys on Monday.

I feel like shit lol.

I know that feel bro. This weekend was a disaster.

Back to the grind today. High fat day. Breaking my fast at noon (2 sausages and broccoli) snack later will be whey, 2 quest bars. Dinner will be 3 sausages, broccoli, 6 eggs cooked in coconut oil.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Back to the grind today. High fat day. Breaking my fast at noon (2 sausages and broccoli) snack later will be whey, 2 quest bars. Dinner will be 3 sausages, broccoli, 6 eggs cooked in coconut oil.

I'm a six egg man myself as well. My roommate can't believe I eat six. Fuck it. It takes six for me to feel full at all. And I'll mix sausages in it as well, all into a bowl. Bigass six egg scramble w/sausage broken up. Good shit.

How much of a difference does IIFYC (calories) make as opposed to IIFYM?

I don't know how much of a difference it is but I would rather hit my macros than calories. I know how my body reacts to certain macros. The next morning after sushi, I felt fine. A majority of the carbs was rice. Taco Bell and 5 Guys were different. The bun, the shell, and the tortilla skin (flour) just fucks me up bad. I feel terribly bloated the following few hours/next day. If I ate just the meat and fries, I would feel better.

Thank god for the gym today too. No more cheat meals until Mother's Day. I want to get more fats in my system. Anyone know how to make a decent tasting olive oil dressing for salads?

balddemon

Banned
I'm a six egg man myself as well. My roommate can't believe I eat six. Fuck it. It takes six for me to feel full at all. And I'll mix sausages in it as well, all into a bowl. Bigass six egg scramble w/sausage broken up. Good shit.

I just ate 4 eggs and I'm still starving. eggs suck.

As long as it is an exception, rather than the rule, we will be fine :)

6 eggs for me as well!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just ate 4 eggs and I'm still starving. eggs suck.

Gotta go with six, jumbo size. It's weird though because when I eat eggs I feel fluffy and puffy. Like the eggs. And I don't add milk!

despire

How much of a difference does IIFYC (calories) make as opposed to IIFYM?

Calorie is not a calorie. Protein, fat and carbs all have very different ways in which they affect your body. I can't think of a way in which IIFYC would be a good idea since eating 3000 calories of carbs is not the same thing as eating 3000 calories of fat or protein for example.

scumbags at the gnc across the street from my house wouldnt let my gf use the coupon on quest bars, literally a day after i used mine. they said it doesnt work on promos, and that their promo was buy 3 quest bars get the fourth free.

CrankyJay

Banned
scumbags at the gnc across the street from my house wouldnt let my gf use the coupon on quest bars, literally a day after i used mine. they said it doesnt work on promos, and that their promo was buy 3 quest bars get the fourth free.

Crock of shit...just go to another GNC in town.

velociraptor

So I did the 300 workout on Sunday. My hamstrings are still fried. I blame the 50 deadlifts for that. Is this normal? How can I stretch them out?

andycapps

Tell them not to do that promo then, just use the gold card discount. It should bring them down 25%, and then your $10 off card.

I don't know how much of a difference it is but I would rather hit my macros than calories. I know how my body reacts to certain macros. The next morning after sushi, I felt fine. A majority of the carbs was rice. Taco Bell and 5 Guys were different. The bun, the shell, and the tortilla skin (flour) just fucks me up bad. I feel terribly bloated the following few hours/next day. If I ate just the meat and fries, I would feel better.

Thank god for the gym today too. No more cheat meals until Mother's Day. I want to get more fats in my system. Anyone know how to make a decent tasting olive oil dressing for salads?
Calorie is not a calorie. Protein, fat and carbs all have very different ways in which they affect your body. I can't think of a way in which IIFYC would be a good idea since eating 3000 calories of carbs is not the same thing as eating 3000 calories of fat or protein for example.
Yeah makes since.

I didn't ask this so I could permit myself to 3000cals of fats lol, it's just that some days my fats will be a bit higher than usual, some other days it's more carbs or protein, but I still hit the same calories.

It feels like work to need to hit the same macros everyday.

balddemon

Banned
So I did the 300 workout on Sunday. My hamstrings are still fried. I blame the 50 deadlifts for that. Is this normal? How can I stretch them out?

yes it's called doms and it's normal when you sharply increase the volume or weight. it will go away, the best way to make it feel better is to either do light stretches or go lift some more. but 50 deadlifts sounds dumb. 1 set? how much weight?

300 workout? 50 deads?

Do you mean a 5x10 or a 1x50?

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-11

it's 1x50 @ 135. definitely bordering on death. lol.

andycapps

yes it's called doms and it's normal when you sharply increase the volume or weight. it will go away, the best way to make it feel better is to either do light stretches or go lift some more. but 50 deadlifts sounds dumb. 1 set? how much weight?

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-11

it's 1x50 @ 135. definitely bordering on death. lol.

Reminds me of that guy posted a few weeks back that was doing 500 pounds for 20 reps like it was nothing.

Yeah makes since.

I didn't ask this so I could permit myself to 3000cals of fats lol, it's just that some days my fats will be a bit higher than usual, some other days it's more carbs or protein, but I still hit the same calories.

It feels like work to need to hit the same macros everyday.

Yup, which is why you tend to eat the same thing every day :p

balddemon

Banned
Please correct me if I'm wrong but a 1x50 on deads sounds like the most stupid idea I've ever heard.

it's not the dumbest/most painful thing I've ever seen in the gym, but chances are, no one is going to do 1x50. even with 135, most peoples grip will fail by then. and if form degrades (which is almost guaranteed), then yeah it's pretty dangerous.

despire

Can anyone tell me how does weight lifting and Carb Nite fit together? Should I have the Carb Nite after weight training only or can I have it any day I want? For example if I lift sunday, tuesday and thursday, should I have the Carb Nite on saturday or sunday?

Also can I train fasted etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom