• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's the right attitude. My vanity gets the best of me when it comes to bis. Love working them hard!

Well shit, it's completely understandable though. The first thing people see is your arms chest and your traps sticking up out of your shirt. Those are all the hallmark of a "lifter" or a "big dude."

If I wasn't so dead set on my 3 main lifts I'd be doing the same thing, but everything I do feeds into those 3 things. I probably shouldn't even be listing my curls in my log to be honest. Not sure why I even started. None of my warmups or prehab are listed. I'll probably change that (remove them from my log).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't wait till I have traps/lats that are just bursting out of any shirt I wear.

I've finally hit the point my delts, traps, upper back all stick out of my shirts. It's definitely a good feeling, and people say shit almost daily when I'm in public now, which is really awkward for me since I don't take compliments well.

You're gonna get there man (shit, you're nearly there now), you've been paying your dues and you've made huge progress.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Much obliged!

And I need some advice on mustering energy for an early morning workout. I'm leaving for a long-ish trip at 8AM this Friday, and i want to lift weights (SS) prior to doing so. Now, it generally takes me awhile for morning grogginess to wear off, so I generally wait until the afternoon to hit the gym.

How can I expedite the process?

http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/spike-energy-drink

I drink these pre workout.

No sugar, no carbs and enough caffeine to kill an elephant. (and they taste fantastic.)

I've finally hit the point my delts, traps, upper back all stick out of my shirts. It's definitely a good feeling, and people say shit almost daily when I'm in public now, which is really awkward for me since I don't take compliments well.

You're gonna get there man (shit, you're nearly there now), you've been paying your dues and you've made huge progress.

Thanks dood. In August, I'm ready to go buck. Really push myself and focus on strength and size. I want to work on heavy singles. Is there a specific routine you work on or is it just more of what you feel like doing? I like 5/3/1 but for my longer term goals, I feel like I'm going to need to change things up.

Bought rice noodles so I can eat like Edge.

awww.

yiss.

What I usually do is soak them in a bowl of warm water for 45-60 minutes and then dump them in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. They cook fast. Use Sriracha with your choice of protein and you are good to go. If you cook in bulk, I warm the noodles up in the microwave after pouring a tiny bit of water in the noodles. Gives it some moisture. You can also pan cook them as well. Rice noodles with shrimp and scrambled eggs (cooked the eggs in a separate pan) is a personal favorite of mine right now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks dood. In August, I'm ready to go buck. Really push myself and focus on strength and size. I want to work on heavy singles. Is there a specific routine you work on or is it just more of what you feel like doing? I like 5/3/1 but for my longer term goals, I feel like I'm going to need to change things up.

I've altered the shit out of 5/3/1 for me.

On 3s and 1 weeks now I do "strength mode" where assistance that can be done for lower reps at higher weight is done that way. prehab stays the same and I do heavy reps/singles with the training max after the main work is done.

On 5s week it's all hypertrophy all assistance is done 5x10+ and main work is done for an additional set of 5+.

Deload is still deload, but I do it as fast as I can so I still "feel" something.

Squats and deads will remain the same week in and out.

Squat with BBB, good mornings, and ab work. 3s and 1 week heavy work with training max

Deadlift with 5x10 romanian deadlifts and 5s progression front squat with ab work. 3s and 1 week heavy work with training max

so from the reading I've been doing on the internet, etc. HIIT seems to be the preferred cardio in terms of not hindering strength gains?

any recommended intro into HIIT or just start doing sprints on a treadmill or what?

and like you guys were saying earlier, I know I just started on SS but it feels like I'm not doing much with bis at all I wouldn't mind doing some stuff with them(still focusing on compound lifts) but is that at the detriment to something else?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
so from the reading I've been doing on the internet, etc. HIIT seems to be the preferred cardio in terms of not hindering strength gains?

any recommended intro into HIIT or just start doing sprints on a treadmill or what?

and like you guys were saying earlier, I know I just started on SS but it feels like I'm not doing much with bis at all I wouldn't mind doing some stuff with them(still focusing on compound lifts) but is that at the deteriment to something else?

No treadmill. Real sprints at a park or somewhere!

SeanR1221

awww.

yiss.

What I usually do is soak them in a bowl of warm water for 45-60 minutes and then dump them in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. They cook fast. Use Sriracha with your choice of protein and you are good to go. If you cook in bulk, I warm the noodles up in the microwave after pouring a tiny bit of water in the noodles. Gives it some moisture. You can also pan cook them as well. Rice noodles with shrimp and scrambled eggs (cooked the eggs in a separate pan) is a personal favorite of mine right now.

Nice. I can't wait to throw chicken and shrimp in. I'm getting bored of rice post workout.

Completely fasted or do you take BCAA etc?

Thanks for answering my questions dude :)
Completely fasted except for my coffee with coconut milk/oil in the mornings. I'm just not very big on supplements. Every once in a while I take fish oil and a multi but that's it. I don't think BCAA's would be a problem and Kiefer is a big supporter of using protein shakes. So I'm pretty sure those are all carb nite compatible. Check out www.dangerouslyhardcore.com That's his website and has a bunch of good info on it too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta fight the temptation to do more than SS workouts. Gotta fight it.

Szu

Ok, it's the start of another month and I took some progress pics.

I kinda liked the decent lighting (and privacy) of this bathroom, so I decided to take these shots a couple of hours ago.

mIJxJ88.jpg

X4WFECD.jpg

I also wanted to share this shot. This is my belt. I've worn this belt for the last few years. My finger is pointing at the notch that I've used for these years. With a combination of my diet and some new core workouts, I actually went down another notch.
pa6x6i3.jpg

Cooter

Fantastic progress Szu! Really, great job! Funny what you said about the bathroom and the lighting. I did the same thing one day. Haha

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Szu has activated hoss mode. That's awesome man. I know that belt feeling. It feels great to not wear it on the worn nubs anymore. I lost like 4 sizes, but I had a ways to go.

Ok, it's the start of another month and I took some progress pics.

I kinda liked the decent lighting (and privacy) of this bathroom, so I decided to take these shots a couple of hours ago.

mIJxJ88.jpg

X4WFECD.jpg

I also wanted to share this shot. This is my belt. I've worn this belt for the last few years. My finger is pointing at the notch that I've used for these years. With a combination of my diet and some new core workouts, I actually went down another notch.
pa6x6i3.jpg

why you so pretty?

Gotta fight the temptation to do more than SS workouts. Gotta fight it.

If you want to do some isolation based exercise, it is fine. Just know your limits.

Nice. I can't wait to throw chicken and shrimp in. I'm getting bored of rice post workout.

Yeah, once you start to figure out what you can do with rice noodles, they are delicious.

I've altered the shit out of 5/3/1 for me.

On 3s and 1 weeks now I do "strength mode" where assistance that can be done for lower reps at higher weight is done that way. prehab stays the same and I do heavy reps/singles with the training max after the main work is done.

On 5s week it's all hypertrophy all assistance is done 5x10+ and main work is done for an additional set of 5+.

Deload is still deload, but I do it as fast as I can so I still "feel" something.

Squats and deads will remain the same week in and out.

Squat with BBB, good mornings, and ab work. 3s and 1 week heavy work with training max

Deadlift with 5x10 romanian deadlifts and 5s progression front squat with ab work. 3s and 1 week heavy work with training max

I will keep this in mind and I am sure to revisit it and talk to you when it comes time to really push myself with heavy singles.

Szu

Fantastic progress Szu! Really, great job! Funny what you said about the bathroom and the lighting. I did the same thing one day. Haha

Thanks, Cooter. Bathrooms have become the staple of FitGaf photos.

Lookin' great Szu.

Thanks a lot.

Look awesome Szu!

Thanks, man.

Szu has activated hoss mode. That's awesome man. I know that belt feeling. It feels great to not wear it on the worn nubs anymore. I lost like 4 sizes, but I had a ways to go.

Thanks, I actually think that I could have gone down a notch since two weeks ago, but I wasn't sure about it.

why you so pretty?

I blame my wife for giving me a makeover.

I really need to get back to posting here more, you guys have come a long way and I'm ecstatic every time I see the new slew of progress pics/videos and shogun beastness posts.

So I've lost around 8 lbs in 5 weeks. Not too bad. Just have to keep this up and I shouldn't have any problem reaching 12% by July. Strength seems to be going up as well so that is fantastic.

I really need to get back to posting here more, you guys have come a long way and I'm ecstatic every time I see the new slew of progress pics/videos and shogun beastness posts.

Yeah you do. It is a family. We need you here to keep the egos in check.

I'm talking about Szu btw. That guy can't help but to talk about his pecs and arms. GOD.

what's keeping you from posting more often?

we miss you! :)

Yeah, you do!

Where the hell you been anyway?
Busy with school and gaming. I haven't had much fitness new to put out. I've just been maintaining lately and not really working toward any kind of goal. My head hasn't really been in the game.

I dunno about you guys but I do this all the time. I hit it super hardcore for a few months, then lull it out for another few, then get back at it again.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Busy with school and gaming. I haven't had much fitness new to put out. I've just been maintaining lately and not really working toward any kind of goal. My head hasn't really been in the game.

I dunno about you guys but I do this all the time. I hit it super hardcore for a few months, then lull it out for another few, then get back at it again.

Ah, I thought you were getting ready for a comp there for a while.

I know that feel though. I can't even game or post as much as I used to with this new career.

All good man, just post when you can/want.

Bro you need to come back Darth. Your my hero with those quads.

Ekdrm2d1

Good job, sir!

Looking beastly.

sphinx

the piano man
Reading Darth brings back nice memories.

one year ago, when I started lurking the OT4 and was trying to learn the most basic stuff and come to terms with this, watching Alien, Darth and FE in the OT4 talking to each other with such passion and good vibe was inspirational to me, I have nice memories of that. Thanks.

Summer 2012 rocked, let's see what happens this year.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Reading Darth brings back nice memories.

one year ago, when I started lurking the OT4 and was trying to learn the most basic stuff and come to terms with this stuff, watching Alien, Darth and FE in the OT4 talking to each other with such passion and good vibe was inspirational to me, I have nice memories of that. Thanks.

Summer 2012 rocked, let's see what happens this year.

Every time you post something like this it makes me happy, so it's reciprocal. You made one post after I got banned that made me say "holy shit, this dude on the internet I've never met actually "KNOWS" me.

Even showed my wife the post and she said that it was a little "odd" that someone I never met in person could actually "get me."

This community is mostly fantastic and one of the best I've run into on the internet. We really feed off of eachother, and it's great.

And Darth really does need to post more, I've said that shit like 100 times both here and in PMs.

sphinx

the piano man
Every time you post something like this it makes me happy, so it's reciprocal. You made one post after I got banned that made me say "holy shit, this dude on the internet I've never met actually "KNOWS" me.

Even showed my wife the post and she said that it was a little "odd" that someone I never met in person could actually "get me."

This community is mostly fantastic and one of the best I've run into on the internet. We really feed off of eachother, and it's great.

And Darth really does need to post more, I've said that shit like 100 times both here and in PMs.

hehe, I know, I said "He's a good guy but he has to stop getting himself banned" :) I am surprised you remember that.

but you know, everyone here is passionate one way or another, and yes, you get to know a thing or two about most regulars and that's what makes it a nice community. I think I could say at least one very particular aspect of 15 or so regulars just from reading the thread. It's a nice place here.

abuC

Just got back from doing car pushes, also did deadlifts & squats today, legs were on fire while I was pushing my car.

IMAG0040_zps80f2f2e4.jpg

Parking lot had more people than normal so I had to use the smaller run, which is still about 1 and a half football fields. This makes sprinting feel like a walk in the park, so yet again Layne Norton is the man. Some lady was watching me and told me I should enter tough mudders, since her son does them, asked me if I was training for anything.

Just got back from doing car pushes, also did deadlifts & squats today, legs were on fire while I was pushing my car.

IMAG0040_zps80f2f2e4.jpg

Parking lot had more people than normal so I had to use the smaller run, which is still about 1 and a half football fields. This makes sprinting feel like a walk in the park, so yet again Layne Norton is the man. Some lady was watching me and told me I should enter tough mudders, since her son does them, asked me if I was training for anything.

Damn that actually sounds like fun, but not really. How often do you do them?

The Chef

Ok you guys WAAAAAAY overhyped those Quest bars. Bought chocolate peanutbutter since they didn't have any cookie dough.

Decent tasting bar but my god some of you were hyping those up like they are flippin Cadberry Eggs on Easter.

Taste like a pretty run of the mill protein bar. Ill still give cookie dough a shot.

Cooter

Ok you guys WAAAAAAY overhyped those Quest bars. Bought chocolate peanutbutter since they didn't have any cookie dough.

Decent tasting bar but my god some of you were hyping those up like they are flippin Cadberry Eggs on Easter.

Taste like a pretty run of the mill protein bar. Ill still give cookie dough a shot.

Chocolate PB is garbage. I doubt anyone here was recommending those

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Filmed some lifts and they're all upside down, looked like I was rowing the planet.

They played right side up on my Nexus 4...will remember for next time.

Twice a week, I cut back a second leg day to do them, hardest cardio I have ever done. I also let the air out of my tires down to 10psi.

I've been doing just sprints 2x week. Definitely going to start incorporating those this weekend. Thanks for the idea!

SeanR1221

Thats cause that flavor kind of sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom