• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomis

Good lord I have way too much disdain for Crossfit

Is there such a thing as too much? For such willful ignorance and a flawed premise that gets people hurt, when they could be combining traditional strength training and high intensity cardio to similar/better effect...

I say no.

"We do this so we can go out there and survive better." -some crossfit youtube video

Is there such a thing as too much? For such willful ignorance and a flawed premise that gets people hurt, when they could be combining traditional strength training and high intensity cardio to similar/better effect...

I say no.

You got a point.
Brofist

IceCold

Good lord I have way too much disdain for Crossfit

Did this in 2 seconds:

i22TXqJtwTBwx.gif

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
how much do those big crossfit plates weigh? I assume they're hollow?
They're generally using using bumpers (rubber plates that bounce for oly lifting), so every plate has the same diameter as a 45lb plate apart from the microplates. You can get training plates that are only a few lbs with the same diameter though. Crossfitters seem to be some of the most egregious offenders of loading bars with numerous lighter bumpers to look strong instead of just using 1 or 2 45s. Also, the phrase 'crossfit plates' is hilarious and I'm going to endeavour to use it every time I mock Crossfit in the future.

Noema

Did this in 2 seconds:

i22TXqJtwTBwx.gif

tumblr_mep2zxKoUe1rrsmaw.gif

They're generally using using bumpers (rubber plates that bounce for oly lifting), so every plate has the same diameter as a 45lb plate apart from the microplates. You can get training plates that are only a few lbs with the same diameter though. Crossfitters seem to be some of the most egregious offenders of loading bars with numerous lighter bumpers to look strong instead of just using 1 or 2 45s. Also, the phrase 'crossfit plates' is hilarious and I'm going to endeavour to use it every time I mock Crossfit in the future.

They also paint them black so they look like 45s.

otapnam

some of those chicks on the ESPN broadcasts of the competitions for crossfit are pretty hot though.

theyre probably stronger than me too :(

otapnam

AllysonNYC is my favorite Crossfitter:

LmPjU6r.jpg

nyc.jpg

w8SsDhe.jpg

:D

one of the tumblrs i follow, fitnesschicks.tumblr.com , used to post alot. Sometimes they posted a bit much of the ones that are too muscly, but when the ladies that lift do it just right, godamn theyre gorgeous

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Remember that debate we had a while ago about muscular women and their attractiveness? She is a perfect mix and any less bf% is too low IMO.

Imm0rt4l

I sense some crossfit memberships coming to this thread.
Join a fitness cult for some tail....ok. Reminds me of the time I tried to smash this Christian chick in college, she invited me to some school church gatherings. I went to one knowing damn well I ain't bout dat life.

I'm a horrible person.

abuC

Join a fitness cult for some tail....ok. Reminds me of the time I tried to smash this Christian chick in college, she invited me to some school church gatherings. I went to one knowing damn well I ain't bout dat life.

I'm a horrible person.

LOL, you were up there frontin like

camron.gif

Cagey

Banned
Nuttin wrong with implants! I have enjoyed my wifes quite a bit! It's more the added confidence she got after more than the actual implants.

Definitely nothing wrong with them, just observing because there's no way in hell those things survive CrossFit in that shape.

Szu

I really need to get back to posting here more, you guys have come a long way and I'm ecstatic every time I see the new slew of progress pics/videos and shogun beastness posts.

Come back, we'll welcome you with open arms.

Good job, sir!

Looking beastly.

Thanks.

Awesome Szu!!!

Thanks, Sean. When this is over, I'm so going to kill me some fish...and rice.

Love my Fitgaf regulars. You guys keep me going man.

Never quit, never surrender!

So I asked a trainer to show me how to power clean properly. He demonstrated and then handed me 95 pounds and told me to go for it. Sprained my wrist and lower back. So fucking defeated right now. Can't seem to catch a fucking break. The whole planet wants me to be fat.

Szu

So I asked a trainer to show me how to power clean properly. He demonstrated and then handed me 95 pounds and told me to go for it. Sprained my wrist and lower back. So fucking defeated right now. Can't seem to catch a fucking break. The whole planet wants me to be fat.

Ouch!! Sorry to hear that. Did the trainer show you any warm up exercises to prepare you for the power cleans?

Hang in there. Planet FitGat doesn't want you to be fat.

Ouch!! Sorry to hear that. Did the trainer show you any warm up exercises to prepare you for the power cleans?

Hang in there. Planet FitGat doesn't want you to be fat.

He had me do the bar 3-4 times, then put 2 25's on there and I did 10 or so, I was catching the bar with my arms and lower back and he was saying "you'll get it". I told him it didn't feel right and then we deconstructed the clean in to 4 parts. This morning I woke up in a lot of pain and limited mobility in my wrist. I'm not blaming him, it's my fault for not being able to clean 95 pounds as a 27 year old man.

Enco

He had me do the bar 3-4 times, then put 2 25's on there and I did 10 or so, I was catching the bar with my arms and lower back and he was saying "you'll get it". I told him it didn't feel right and then we deconstructed the clean in to 4 parts. This morning I woke up in a lot of pain and limited mobility in my wrist. I'm not blaming him, it's my fault for not being able to clean 95 pounds as a 27 year old man.

Nah it's his fault not yours. Only thing you should have done is insist you're not comfortable with it.

Szu

Don't blame yourself too much. If you want to continue with the power cleans, then do some more research about them. However, like most workouts, not everyone can pick them up right away.

Look, at some point, you'll get the worst flu of your life and you'll lose tons of the strength you had just acquired, and at some other point you'll have 9 months free of any problem where you'll be in the right mindset and where it will change your life forever. Setbacks happen to everyone, and they do throughout life. The only thing you can do is keep on keeping on, and eventually you are 100% sure to become exactly what you've want to become. Chin up.

CrankyJay

Banned
On week 1 of my self-imposed 2 week rest because of pain in my hip/leg. Thinking it is a tight piriformis. I'm getting really cranky not working out, and you'd think I would feel rested not lifting but I'm feeling tight and sore in places. Not sure if its because I truly am injured or I'm just freezing up. Going to do stretches to stay loose every day for the rest of the break.

Darren870

I'm not blaming him, it's my fault for not being able to clean 95 pounds as a 27 year old man.

No way, def his fault. If you can't do it he shouldn't have put that much weight on.

Oh and I am 27 and can't power clean really. I can't get my elbows that high and I don't practice them much. So don't worry about it! Not going to be fat because you can't power clean.

SeanR1221

On week 1 of my self-imposed 2 week rest because of pain in my hip/leg. Thinking it is a tight piriformis. I'm getting really cranky not working out, and you'd think I would feel rested not lifting but I'm feeling tight and sore in places. Not sure if its because I truly am injured or I'm just freezing up. Going to do stretches to stay loose every day for the rest of the break.

Lol at bolded

Foam roll and treat yourself to a massage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Brother, take it easy for a little bit and study study study online. I don't know how good my advice is because:

Guys, I've been having to do dumbbell squats and OHP because there's no barbells until next week! How much on a scale of 1 to 1 zillion will this twist my form or be inefficient? I've looked online to ensure I'm doing a reasonable form but I can't shake how wrong it feels.

Lol at bolded

Foam roll and treat yourself to a massage.

Foam roll my brother. FOAM ROLL. It's so good for you. Find one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom