• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could go as something appropriately swole:y this halloween, but I've already decided I'll go as a killer clown.

Next year though, SPAAAAAARTA!
Just in time for the sequel I think.

SeanR1221

Next years goal is to look good enough to be a luchador

Why stop there?

Next year?

05_g3_marcus_no_sleeves.jpg

Brolic could pull this off now.

Visceir

Been eating 200 g dry/curd cottage cheese shortly before going to bed on a daily basis now.

100 g contains
115 kcal
14.5 g protein
14.0 g carbs
0 g fat

Really cheap (0.58 € for 200g), takes no time to prepare and since I found a vanilla flavored one that has really smooth texture it has been rather easy to just down it in 5 min with water. Tried another brand and it tasted like cardboard and made me gag (I imagine that's what most taste like)

Seems like the ideal food.

sphinx

the piano man
eh I remember Sean's question appearing several months back, maybe even a year, and I said I wanted to try MK's Kano since I already had some resemblence with the beard and dark tone. I remember doing a kano-Sphinx pic back then but that's old so I decided to do one again. I messed up the hand position lol it was the other way around but whatever...:p

06Kanocosplay2_zpsd1222c04.jpg

sadly, Europe does not celebrate Halloween and if I ever want to dress up then it's for a festivity they have in February, some sort of brazilian carnival.. >_>

Cudder

p28-bread-package-211x402.jpg

Bought a pack of this high protein bread. It's okay, has a chewy texture to it as well as some, I dunno, cinnamon-y flavour or something? I don't think I'll be buying it again.

blackflag

eh I remember Sean's question appearing several months back, maybe even a year, and I said I wanted to try MK's Kano since I already had some resemblence with the beard and dark tone. I remember doing a kano-Sphinx pic back then but that's old so I decided to do one again. I messed up the hand position lol it was the other way around but whatever...:p

06Kanocosplay2_zpsd1222c04.jpg

sadly, Europe does not celebrate Halloween and if I ever want to dress up then it's for a festivity they have in February, some sort of brazilian carnival.. >_>

Haha perfect.

p28-bread-package-211x402.jpg

Bought a pack of this high protein bread. It's okay, has a chewy texture to it as well as some, I dunno, cinnamon-y flavour or something? I don't think I'll be buying it again.

i got one or two packs of something similar (althou its not cinnamon or anything just regular high protein bread) but it seems kinda pointless bc regular wheat bread costs $1 for a loaf, but that high protein stuff i got costs almost $4 for like 12g of protein per 2 slices which means...better off buying $1 loafs and eating like any high protein food to supplement it

Just ran a half marathon (and a bit, 21.73 km total) yesterday afternoon non stop, which took 2-1/2 hours. I would have to say it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. As much as I would love to be able to run a marathon one day there's just no way I could see how it would be possible for me...

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Was feeling it today. Hit 2 PRs!

OHP
135x10
155x8
175x6
200x4 PR

CGBP
210x10
230x8
255x6
290x5 PR

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just ran a half marathon (and a bit, 21.73 km total) yesterday afternoon non stop, which took 2-1/2 hours. I would have to say it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. As much as I would love to be able to run a marathon one day there's just no way I could see how it would be possible for me...

My friend (the athletic freak of nature I've mentioned in the past) ran his first ever marathon yesterday just to see if he could do it, and he got a sub-3 hour time (2:58 to be exact). :/

abuC

Code red -

I will have to increase my protein and cals this week, was way way down on strength and endurance this week. I don't think I got enough protein to be honest, I ran out of whey and was entirely too lazy to go get some more.

Cooter

Code red -

I will have to increase my protein and cals this week, was way way down on strength and endurance this week. I don't think I got enough protein to be honest, I ran out of whey and was entirely too lazy to go get some more.
Oh, poor guy! What, did you only bench 370x5 instead of your usually 400+? ;)

abuC

Oh, poor guy! What, did you only bench 370x5 instead of your usually 400+? ;)

LOL, not quite at 400 yet, but I was struggling to rep 345, had to drop to 315 for sets, and even had a bonehead noob moment when I was taking the weight off the bar. I was in a rush and pissed, forgot to pull the bar closer to me and had 3 plates on one side and nothing on the other and as soon as I pulled the last 45 off the bar the other side went crashing to the ground.

All week I've been just meh, I wanted to try repping 225 and I got to 18 and ran out of gas, even though last week I hit 26 without even making it a goal. My deadlift was off, my squats, shoulder press......everything was just bad this week.

Edit - it was tension day, I dread to think what's going to happen on power day :(

Cooter

LOL, not quite at 400 yet, but I was struggling to rep 345, had to drop to 315 for sets, and even had a bonehead noob moment when I was taking the weight off the bar. I was in a rush and pissed, forgot to pull the bar closer to me and had 3 plates on one side and nothing on the other and as soon as I pulled the last 45 off the bar the other side went crashing to the ground.

All week I've been just meh, I wanted to try repping 225 and I got to 18 and ran out of gas, even though last week I hit 26 without even making it a goal. My deadlift was off, my squats, shoulder press......everything was just bad this week.

Edit - it was tension day, I dread to think what's going to happen on power day :(
Oh shit. That is a huge drop off. Eat my man! 225x26 to 225x18 is insane. You'll figure it out. :)

Visceir

Yea, that's Elliot's video and has nothing to do with the twins. He was acting all weird in that video though, probably because of the presence of George Leeman. Might have to be careful not to say anything wrong or agitating to someone like him.

I've watched some George Leeman videos too, most dedicated guy I've probably seen. It's interesting to hear how he prepares for his lifts and what he has gone through to get where he is now.

Groof

So I was in and out of the gym in about 20 minutes today. It was a completely normal session as well. Is this normal?

zychi

Banned
Any of you guys able to bulk while on medication? My lifting buddy is having a hard time eating because of his anti-depressant(zoloft) and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for him? I cant eat like a horse, and he struggles to finish 3 meals a day

Visceir

Yeah I didn't take very long pauses in between sets. Maybe that's why?

But that 27 min is without the 4th exercise and warmup counted in. Can't imagine how you could get it all done in just 20 min.

Are you working with really low weights to get your form down or something? It usually takes me 2 - 3 minutes of rest to get back into a condition for my next set.

Groof

But that 27 min is without the 4th exercise and warmup counted in. Can't imagine how you could get it all done in just 20 min.

Are you working with really low weights to get your form down or something? It usually takes me 2 - 3 minutes of rest to get back into a condition for my next set.
No I'm at the weights I'm usually pulling, slightly lower for some form checking though. I don't know, it went super fast.

Petrie

Banned
i got one or two packs of something similar (althou its not cinnamon or anything just regular high protein bread) but it seems kinda pointless bc regular wheat bread costs $1 for a loaf, but that high protein stuff i got costs almost $4 for like 12g of protein per 2 slices which means...better off buying $1 loafs and eating like any high protein food to supplement it

Well this has 28 per 2 slices, so it serves its purpose much better.

I really like P28. Toast it and throw some PB2 on there, I'm in heaven.

Visceir

That easy huh. Just felt so weird being out of there almost as fast as I got in.

Once you properly get into the program and start setting new PRs every workout your rest periods should get much longer. I do feel like 2 min is the minimum for me at this point, although I imagine 3 - 7 min would be optimal (for complete recovery).

I'm gonna see how my lifts go next time. I've had previous times where I've managed to complete the 5x set the first time around and failed to do it the next two. I imagine getting more rest should help with that.

Edit: personally I'd also feel like a 20 min workout just wouldn't be enough for me and would do additional exercises depending on what my goals are.

Groof

Once you properly get into the program and start setting new PRs every workout your rest periods should get much longer. I do feel like 2 min is the minimum for me at this point, although I imagine 3 - 7 min would be optimal (for complete recovery).

I'm gonna see how my lifts go next time. I've had previous times where I've managed to complete the 5x set the first time around and failed to do it the next two. I imagine getting more rest should help with that.

Edit: personally I'd also feel like a 20 min workout just wouldn't be enough for me and would do additional exercises depending on what my goals are.

Yeah, next time I'll be upping the weights again and I'll see how long it takes. I'm with you, it feels like you don't really get anything done.
We'll see on Monday!

sphinx

the piano man
I don't know what approach to have regarding rest between sets.

sometimes, after a first accomplished 1st set, I feel hyped, on fire and want to try right away, I fear that if I wait to much, I'd lose the physical disposition I feel, happens with Squat, mostly.

other days, I really want to wait not 7 minutes but a whole complete day, lol, I dread going into the next one, mostly when I know it's not going to happen... happens with OHP mostly.

Chocobro

I was about to say, 20 minutes in the gym lol. I spend about 1.5H. 5 min to change, use restroom, and refill water bottle; 15-20 min warm-up/stretches; 1H+/-10 min doing the second routine in the OP, includes warm-up sets and 3 min or more rests per set.

Time to head to my university to use the fitness center.

It seems that waiting between sets is a personal thing. The ideal plan is to wait as long as you need to finish your next set, but not a second longer than that. Obviously, it's difficult to arrange that perfectly. I tend to wait 1-2 minutes between sets, but occasionally longer if I'm having a rough day, especially on deadlifts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My 531 workouts usually hit 55 minutes right on, it's eerie.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
These days since I push 1 main movement and 1 main accessory/supplemental lift for strength, then everything else is "bodybuilding" and superset I get in and out in about an hour - hour and a half at max. Usually much closer to 1 hour.

Yes I stood on a chair for dat lighting.

Lol, you dork.

Code red -

I actually reduced my protein lately because I'm not restricting carbs at all. (since we know you need less protein of you increase carbs) and my strength has continued (so far) to increase. I've actually been having better workouts these last few weeks than I can remember.

SeanR1221

What's your macro break down Brolic? Or do you have no clue.

I tried to stop counting for 2 weeks. I feel like I'm softer and flabbier :/. Could be in my head but I'm going back to strict counting today.

Why is it so easy for me to put on fat :(

Groof

I was about to say, 20 minutes in the gym lol. I spend about 1.5H. 5 min to change, use restroom, and refill water bottle; 15-20 min warm-up/stretches; 1H+/-10 min doing the second routine in the OP, includes warm-up sets and 3 min or more rests per set.

Time to head to my university to use the fitness center.
Yeah I didn't count shower and stuff like that in those 20 minutes, only counted the time it took to do the routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom