• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my forever bulking friends. I've added a good 10 lbs of weight to my frame, from 172 to 182 since summee. most of it leg mass but my 6 pack is down to a 2 pack. I am having trouble staying the course.

You made your decision, see it through to the end. The abs will still be there in another 10 lbs and when you cut afterwards they'll be even bigger.

For me it's 2 more weeks cutting, 2 week maintenance break around christmas, 6-8 weeks of UD2.0 to kick off 2014. The temptation to bulk comes and goes especially when seeing everyone in here putting up such big numbers (on the bar AND the scale, haha)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Doctor says my knee is a-ok for now, but to stay off the weights for a few weeks. Anybody else ever tweaked their knee? Nervous to get back on it in a few weeks, gonna take it slow though.

For now it's day 2 of all upper body week(s). I usually do starting strength so wednesdays look like

Squats- 3x5
Shoulder Press- 3x5
Cleans- 5x3
Ab Work

What should I change it up with?

ZeroRay

Tried a squat clean for the hell of it. 135 clean and 5 squats. I'd love to get into Olympic lifting, but would definitely need someone who knows what they're doing to help me out.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Doctor says my knee is a-ok for now, but to stay off the weights for a few weeks. Anybody else ever tweaked their knee? Nervous to get back on it in a few weeks, gonna take it slow though.

For now it's day 2 of all upper body week(s). I usually do starting strength so wednesdays look like

Squats- 3x5
Shoulder Press- 3x5
Cleans- 5x3
Ab Work

What should I change it up with?

Bumpin this real quick just because I gotta start my lift now and this is what I've decided to go for.

Shoulder press- 3x5
Shrugs- 3x5
Lateral Raises- 3x5
Front Raises- 3x5

Really never done much of the other 3 exercises, so any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Petrie

Banned
So my girlfriend drove her car of the road in black ice this morning and is a bit tired and freaked out. This is supposed to be day 2 back but I think I'm putting it off until tomorrow to spend time with her. Tell me it's ok GAF.

So my girlfriend drove her car of the road in black ice this morning and is a bit tired and freaked out. This is supposed to be day 2 back but I think I'm putting it off until tomorrow to spend time with her. Tell me it's ok GAF.

Make her some soup and then go to the gym. She'll understand that gainz are more important in the long run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's ok. Tomorrow I get to enjoy ice. Same day my new TV is supposed to be delivered. Gets crazy right after I get to work.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
How about compromising? You stay if she agrees to get on your shoulders for some calve raises!

J. Bravo

Bring her to the gym with you Petrie.

also I had some guy tell me to use an alternate grip for deadlifts instead of my double overhand grip i was using , because alternate gives you better stability or something. I told him that's why use alternate grip when I hit my 5rm with double overhand, or 315ish.

Bring her to the gym with you Petrie.

also I had some guy tell me to use an alternate grip for deadlifts instead of my double overhand grip i was using , because alternate gives you better stability or something. I told him that's why use alternate grip when I hit my 5rm with double overhand, or 315ish.

I thought taking my girl to the gym would he fun but she's always ready to leave before im done!

hmm.

Dunno if this is legit, but I weighed myself today after working out and I've lost 2,5 kg: from 87,6 to 85,1

Most of it is probably waterweight though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So 2nd month of 5/3/1 BBB and its PR week. Got 100x3 lb OHP yesterday and 255x5 lb Deadlift today. Felt so good to get those deadlifts and I was surprised to see I could get that 5th rep. Also this is at 5'5 and about 141 lbs maybe more haven't weighed myself in awhile.

edit:Damn just looked at my history and in October I could barely do 255 lb deadlift for 3 reps. Still couldn't beat my rep record for OHP though. OHP is so freaking hard to progress in!.

Szu

Personally, I think it's fine for you to spend time with her to lift her spirits up.

If you still wanted to get in a workout, then you can just lift her up.
ebVQ4.gif

moocow

Had a great week. Put up 405 x 2 dead, benched 265 3x3 and squatted 305 2x2. I can taste that 1000 and might hit it before the year is up. I can finally say that I'm stronger than I was before my recovery and that feels freaking amazing.

Still need to get onto Cooter's level though.

rokkerkory

Wassup fitgaf... Was able to pull off unassisted 75lb dumbell press today... 2 sets of 8 relatively clean today. Feeling good. Was mental block until i tried it.

Cooter

Had a great week. Put up 405 x 2 dead, benched 265 3x3 and squatted 305 2x2. I can taste that 1000 and might hit it before the year is up. I can finally say that I'm stronger than I was before my recovery and that feels freaking amazing.

Still need to get onto Cooter's level though.
You're already there if you count your 1RM in all three. Well over actually I assume.

Thanks for the shot out. Put a smile on my face. :)

Imm0rt4l

Mike O'tren....err O'hearn and Kali Muscle are the worst.

Mike-Ohearn-Shoulders.jpg

the actual photo, well it's still filtered. But no photoshoped extra plates.

Take your drugs and own up to that shit. The constant trolling that surrounds roids and HGH annoys me so much. It's one thing to downplay it, it's another to brag about a lie. This is a general statement btw, not specifically responding to anything.

Why the taboo against HGH and roids? Are they illegal for recreational use or something? Otherwise, users should be honest and stop misleading people.

I was thinking something was very odd about that picture and then I noticed there's a dog staring at him.

wow
such weights
very muscle
much natty

sphinx

the piano man
I always thought all these guys claiming natty have come to actually consider the lie they live in the actual, factual truth.

my guess is that if you caught them with the compromising substance, they'd say " oh but that's allowed, that's o.k, it's everything else that makes you unnatty, I am clean using that"

they are completely, absolutely deluded.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No problem with drugs in lifting. My problem are the people poisoning peoples minds and expectations and that's what's wrong. If you're going to lift natural, and most of us are, we really need the right expectations.

SeanR1221

Post workout meal. 10oz of chicken, 2 cups rice, 4 cups broccoli (cooked in olive oil) and crumbled bacon on top. 3/4 of the way through and I'm struggling. Give me power CooterEdge!!!!

Cooter

Post workout meal. 10oz of chicken, 2 cups rice, 4 cups broccoli (cooked in olive oil) and crumbled bacon on top. 3/4 of the way through and I'm struggling. Give me power CooterEdge!!!!
Add 32 oz of chocolate milk!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Iced roads, long drive home. Wish me luck.

Hit a new bench PR last night. Shame to lose it now!

Szu

Down that shit like your life depended on it!!! Cause it does....

Maybe it is because I got my 315 bench, maybe it is because it is the winter, maybe it is because of the long grind I have been going at it in the gym, but I am just tired and super lazy. Today is suppose to be leg day but I just don't feel like getting out and about.

Maybe it is because I got my 315 bench, maybe it is because it is the winter, maybe it is because of the long grind I have been going at it in the gym, but I am just tired and super lazy. Today is suppose to be leg day but I just don't feel like getting out and about.
Every day is leg day, get up and go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Lazy shit, get your ass to Mars and hit those space weights.

blackflag

Take your drugs and own up to that shit. The constant trolling that surrounds roids and HGH annoys me so much. It's one thing to downplay it, it's another to brag about a lie. This is a general statement btw, not specifically responding to anything.

Yep this annoys me more than anything. I have nothing against the use at all. If you don't want to admit to use then don't, but certainly don't go out of your way to brag how drug free you are. Ridiculous.

blackflag

I skipped 2 leg days (out of 4 last month). One was Thanksgiving and I totally planned on going but I didn't.

Tar and feather me FifGAF.

Oh, and I'm cutting again from 260. Wish me luck and sanity.

I skipped 2 leg days (out of 4 last month). One was Thanksgiving and I totally planned on going but I didn't.

Tar and feather me FifGAF.

Oh, and I'm cutting again from 260. Wish me luck and sanity.

Godspeed yo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose on this crazy journey during the winter season.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today was gonna be my big cut start date, but I'll be iced/snowed in tomorrow...and...I get lonely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom