• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumRush

I rolled the shit out of my forearms and Tricep insertions at the elbow and do a wall stretch with palm supinated fingertips down pressed against the wall Palm flat against it arm locked straight out then turn away and hold for 30 seconds. It's helped immensely.

Gonna train log and circus dumbbell today.

Do you have access to cables? I've found that lightweight cable exercises are an excellent warm up for joints (elbow and shoulders specifically)

mdsfx

Ketchub should be a word, primarily for use when ketchup, applied liberally, causes unexpected stimulation.

...Every time I squat/dead an eagle will shed a tear.
I just lost it over this post Haha

On another note, I have never tried a Quest Bar and decided last night to order a box of mint and a variety pack. $50 later... I hope I like them!

Edit: ugh, I love when people at work give me crap for eating a salad like I'm starving myself. It's 500 calories and has 5oz of turkey. I mean, come on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

On another note, I have never tried a Quest Bar and decided last night to order a box of mint and a variety pack. $50 later... I hope I like them!

Edit: ugh, I love when people at work give me crap for eating a salad like I'm starving myself. It's 500 calories and has 5oz of turkey. I mean, come on.

I hate when my workplace stocks up on delicious mexcian coke to tempt me out of my diet. Damn that sugary devil.

I already drank half a bottle...:(

Szu

They're just jelly cause they don't think you need to be on a "diet".

mdsfx

I hate when my workplace stocks up on delicious mexcian coke to tempt me out of my diet. Damn that sugary devil.

I already drank half a bottle...:(
I know the feeling. If you saw the mountains of delicious catered food that come through this place... Ugh. It makes it so hard, but I rarely cave.

Fridays start with a lunchroom counter stacked with boxes full of gourmet doughnuts. How many people can resist a bacon-topped maple donut? Not many.

I've watched new-hires gain weight over time from it. It's just so easy to over-eat when it's right in front of you.

Edit: haha WHAT ARE THE ODDS?! A coworker of mine JUST came up to me from the kitchen as I was writing this and said "Dude, I think I've gained 10lbs since I've started working here."

ILoveBish

It's easy to not eat all those things. Really, it is. If you tell yourself it's difficult, it will be.

I walk past amazing food for free all the time, no worries.

mdsfx

It's easy to not eat all those things. Really, it is. If you tell yourself it's difficult, it will be.

I walk past amazing food for free all the time, no worries.
When I'm in the habit of eating well it's no problem. After a holiday where I allow myself to let loose a bit I find it harder to get back on track. Junk food feels like a drug sometimes.

Szu

Yeah, I don't have the problem with free food lying around now that I work for the government.

At my last job, I have catered food lying around everywhere. Some of the old guard remember my tales of incorporating the spit-don't-swallow technique with free food.

Just improved my OHP (a little), which resulted in most of my accessories being shit. lol

Oh well, can't have it all.

Unrelated, I was thinking about that beach body thread and the following occurred to me...

Learning a language: Awesome.
Starting a hobby: Good stuff.
Getting educated / certified: To be commended.
Playing a musical instrument: Impressive, takes dedication.
Running a marathon: You must have trained hard for that!

Getting muscular: You look like a cunt.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just improved my OHP (a little), which resulted in most of my accessories being shit. lol

Unrelated, I was thinking about that beach body thread and the following occurred to me...

This attitude doesn't surprise me on gaf tbh. I imagine most people on here aren't very healthy and it stems from jealousy more than anything else.

entremet

I know the feeling. If you saw the mountains of delicious catered food that come through this place... Ugh. It makes it so hard, but I rarely cave.

Fridays start with a lunchroom counter stacked with boxes full of gourmet doughnuts. How many people can resist a bacon-topped maple donut? Not many.

I've watched new-hires gain weight over time from it. It's just so easy to over-eat when it's right in front of you.

Edit: haha WHAT ARE THE ODDS?! A coworker of mine JUST came up to me from the kitchen as I was writing this and said "Dude, I think I've gained 10lbs since I've started working here."

Work can be such a killer to your fitness goals:

Pizza parties
Free beer
Free donuts
Candy jars
Sitting all day
Happy Hours

It can be tough to combat.

Ventara

I myself love Optimal Nutrition. But really, if you like the whey you use for shakes, then it will be just fine for your cheesecake.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. I don't really know what whey is, but I just looked it up and apparently it's good for people with Type 2 diabetes, so I should look into it more since my dad has that.

I don't envy that temptation. I'd probably be all over that. But a bacon-topped maple doughnut? What is that abomination?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Do you have access to cables? I've found that lightweight cable exercises are an excellent warm up for joints (elbow and shoulders specifically)

Not at home, but at the gym yes, but I use bands for that at home. It was caused from heavy farmers, I have no doubt.

The food struggle is real friends. I work for a startup and there are snacks here all the time (mostly candy, chips, KIND bars, and the like). Thankfully, there are some healthier options like roasted almonds and fruits, but it is tough when everything else is just sitting in front of you. Plus almost every life event gets celebrated by the team so cakes and pastries are common as well.

Granted, I've had some solid strength gains since working here, but at the expense of additional poundage. Gotta stay strong for the next couple months to maintain prime beach form.

Faiz

I don't envy that temptation. I'd probably be all over that. But a bacon-topped maple doughnut? What is that abomination?

The best kind. I plan on eatting several on my big cheat day come August for my 39th birthday.

Then I cut through Thanksgiving.

Torso shot, still 198-200 so I have a lot more cutting to do until I'm shredded, but it's slowly coming together. My strength is maintaining pretty well (still making gains in some chest lifts actually).

NgcU2PO.jpg

Can't wait to see where I'm at at the end of the month. Overall I should be done by mid July.

BumRush

Torso shot, still 198-200 so I have a lot more cutting to do until I'm shredded, but it's slowly coming together. My strength is maintaining pretty well (still making gains in some chest lifts actually).

NgcU2PO.jpg

Can't wait to see where I'm at at the end of the month. Overall I should be done by mid July.

Zeus himself would blush. Looking insane dude.

Not at home, but at the gym yes, but I use bands for that at home. It was caused from heavy farmers, I have no doubt.

I get it from power cleans sometimes (never lasts more than a week or two), but cable warmups help a ton. You're doing farmer walks with school buses though, so I'm sure your elbow is taking a far worse beating...

J. Bravo

I could resist. That doesn't even sound good. I don't like bacon with sweet things for the most part

manfestival

as a man of hair and as one that is becoming comfortable in his own skin. I wonder if I should shave my armpits? I am a hairy beast but it seems like it far more acceptable to share the pits and leave everything else natural looking

yogloo

Don't forget that you are somehow weaker the buffer you get.

mdsfx

I noticed palm oil in the list of ingredients on the quest bars. Is there anything particularly bad about this oil compared to others?

Edit: Holy saturated fat. Triple that of olive oil.

as a man of hair and as one that is becoming comfortable in his own skin. I wonder if I should shave my armpits? I am a hairy beast but it seems like it far more acceptable to share the pits and leave everything else natural looking

I trim mine down to a reasonable length. Same for my torso if it gets crazy.

Legs / arms stay untouched, though as a cyclist there's always the argument I should shave my legs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cross post from FB

Just almost KOed myself with log press. Hit my chin with second rep and shit went blurry and I saw stars. Probably stupid, but I kept going. Also, first time training with circus DB. A lot of work to do. Less than 3 months till my next competition.

Circus DB 105x2 and log press 185x9. Full log in video description.

http://youtu.be/Wy4fNIk2Y8I

mkenyon

Banned

Those shoulders are legendary. Looking great man.

Szu

NgcU2PO.jpg

Well, I feel shamed.

BumRush

Cross post from FB

Just almost KOed myself with log press. Hit my chin with second rep and shit went blurry and I saw stars. Probably stupid, but I kept going. Also, first time training with circus DB. A lot of work to do. Less than 3 months till my next competition.

Circus DB 105x2 and log press 185x9. Full log in video description.

http://youtu.be/Wy4fNIk2Y8I

Fuck, man. Your circus presses are so fluid and fun to watch. You make it look like it's 50 lbs.

UrAvgGuy

What up FitGaf I'm new to all this but I've been following the OT for a little while now and finally have time to make a proper introduction. Been hitting the gym for years now but I'd still call myself a beginner. Just recently decided to get my core in better shape so that's my main focus as of now. I'm somewhere around 5'7 160. I guess I'll drop some pics too...just realized I never take leg pics and seeing Spirit makes me want to work on my lower body more.

As you can see getting there but not quite there...

mdsfx

First, welcome!

Second, I think you are f*cking crazy to say you're not quite there. You've got an impressive build.

Third, I hate you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

BumRush

What up FitGaf I'm new to all this but I've been following the OT for a little while now and finally have time to make a proper introduction. Been hitting the gym for years now but I'd still call myself a beginner. Just recently decided to get my core in better shape so that's my main focus as of now. I'm somewhere around 5'7 160. I guess I'll drop some pics too...just realized I never take leg pics and seeing Spirit makes me want to work on my lower body more.

Looking great man!! You say you're not there...what's your goal?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That circus DB looks crazy. I think I would end up knocking myself out.

Nice job!

Yeah, I intentionally got a bigger one to make it harder, plus I can load it with bigger and more plates.
Fuck, man. Your circus presses are so fluid and fun to watch. You make it look like it's 50 lbs.

Actually it's sloppy and slow as hell, but I'm also using a super large bell which makes it harder. So there is that.

UrAvgGuy

First, welcome!

Second, I think you are f*cking crazy to say you're not quite there. You've got an impressive build.

Third, I hate you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Looking great man!! You say you're not there...what's your goal?

Thanks guys! I've come a long way so means a lot. Goal is to just get a tad bit more ab definition, have some stomach fat I'd like to get rid of but just taking it slow. Really been focusing on diet a lot lately too. We'll see how it goes.

mkenyon

Banned

How dare you be more fuckable than them!

Guys i'm kinda worried, anyone here has experimented "foamy" urine sometimes? It's become more and more frequent for me and i don't know if it could be related to supplementation (i use Carnivor Mass, only thing lactose free i've found here, and i need it for the calories).

I was thinking it could be proteinuria, what a shame if it was though.

Azulsky

Guys i'm kinda worried, anyone here has experimented "foamy" urine sometimes? It's become more and more frequent for me and i don't know if it could be related to supplementation (i use Carnivor Mass, only thing lactose free i've found here, and i need it for the calories).

I was thinking it could be proteinuria, what a shame if it was though.

How much protein are you eating

You really don't need it for the calories. If you can afford that, you can afford proper food.

That aside, that's got a lot of random shit in it. I probably wouldn't take it, but I like to know EXACTLY what I'm supplementing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom