• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsfx

My go-to dessert:

Sugar free dark chocolate pudding
5-8 drops mint extract
1-2tbs whip cream

75-ish calories

ENiMfrx.jpg

It's tastes great and is just big enough to feel satisfying.

*Posted this on mobile so let me know if the image size is obnoxious.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Guys i'm kinda worried, anyone here has experimented "foamy" urine sometimes? It's become more and more frequent for me and i don't know if it could be related to supplementation (i use Carnivor Mass, only thing lactose free i've found here, and i need it for the calories).

I was thinking it could be proteinuria, what a shame if it was though.

I get it from time to time. Not sure what causes it.

How much protein are you eating

Well, haven't properly calculated but i try to eat as much as possible during the day. I don't think i actually get to the 1.7g per Kilogram (that would be 119g, as i'm 70kg) but roughly 80 / 90 g a day.

I want this to be my last bottle of Carnivor Mass because i want to try and change it for food, and i'm kind of afraid of it tbh, but my digestive system, time and schedule is horrible and it's been really useful to fulfill my daily quota.

Sadetar

Hi :)

Ah! That's a good idea. I'll give the squats a try normally tomorrow and if it seems like it's going to end up being a bad idea, I'll do goblet squats. :) Thanks for the thought!

You're seeing neurosurgeons for your back now?
You are welcome.

And yep. I just met two of them last Wednesday when they thought I need to have an acute surgery. Against all odds it seems I am healing on my own though. Nobody knows what is going on. I can still go to the surgery and past the lines if it goes worse, I have a 24/7 number where I can call and other of the neurosurgeons will call me after like three weeks to see how is it going. I also saw my physiotherapist last Thursday and will see her again on August.

made some protein cheesecake, i really love this stuff
You bake!? I am impressed. It looks so delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

I just lost it over this post Haha

On another note, I have never tried a Quest Bar and decided last night to order a box of mint and a variety pack. $50 later... I hope I like them!

Edit: ugh, I love when people at work give me crap for eating a salad like I'm starving myself. It's 500 calories and has 5oz of turkey. I mean, come on.
Oh, Quest bars are sooooo good! I actually need to order more for me. I have lived without them like a week and a half and I hate this. :p

Also I hate when people comment the food you're eating. It is first of all none of their business and secondly they usually have no idea of the macros/calories in it anyways.

That looks so wrong in so many different levels - and yet I would actually want to try it. :p

Torso shot, still 198-200 so I have a lot more cutting to do until I'm shredded, but it's slowly coming together. My strength is maintaining pretty well (still making gains in some chest lifts actually).

NgcU2PO.jpg

Can't wait to see where I'm at at the end of the month. Overall I should be done by mid July.
You are such a cutie!
And damn sexy, but you knew this already.)
Totally love your shoulders and chest.

What up FitGaf I'm new to all this but I've been following the OT for a little while now and finally have time to make a proper introduction. Been hitting the gym for years now but I'd still call myself a beginner. Just recently decided to get my core in better shape so that's my main focus as of now. I'm somewhere around 5'7 160. I guess I'll drop some pics too...just realized I never take leg pics and seeing Spirit makes me want to work on my lower body more.

As you can see getting there but not quite there...
Oh, you are very welcome! :p Insane upper body!

Also my condolences - you got yourself a fangirl (who will be asking for more pics as the time goes by)!

How dare you be more fuckable than them!
Lol.

Sadetar

My go-to dessert:

Sugar free dark chocolate pudding
5-8 drops mint extract
1-2tbs whip cream

75-ish calories

ENiMfrx.jpg

It's tastes great and is just big enough to feel satisfying.

*Posted this on mobile so let me know if the image size is obnoxious.
Just noticed the other page.

The picture size is perfect. Also I might need to try it some day. Looks easy enough and sounds delicious. :p

Well, haven't properly calculated but i try to eat as much as possible during the day. I don't think i actually get to the 1.7g per Kilogram (that would be 119g, as i'm 70kg) but roughly 80 / 90 g a day.
I really, really doubt you'd have problems with that amount of protein. I generally do anywhere up to 140g a day and I weigh the same as you.

Though it's rare I use powders (in part because they make me stink).

Szu

First time hitting any real weights in a week. The plan was to do some deadlifts and back. But I was still in relaxation mode.

I ended up starting with some power cleans/OHP. I did them strict, no knee bounce at all.

After warming up, I worked up to trying singles. Hit a new PR at 155.

Of course, Brolic would call this an appetizer.

BumRush

Guys i'm kinda worried, anyone here has experimented "foamy" urine sometimes? It's become more and more frequent for me and i don't know if it could be related to supplementation (i use Carnivor Mass, only thing lactose free i've found here, and i need it for the calories).

I was thinking it could be proteinuria, what a shame if it was though.

I saw the doctor for it a while back. Too much protein in your urine. Are you having more than 1.2 grams per pound of body weight a day?

mdsfx

I saw the doctor for it a while back. Too much protein in your urine. Are you having more than 1.2 grams per pound of body weight a day?
Really?? Is that also related to water intake? I've never had that happen and consume 160g minimum daily, but I drink 1.5 gallons of water a day.

BumRush

First time hitting any real weights in a week. The plan was to do some deadlifts and back. But I was still in relaxation mode.

I ended up starting with some power cleans/OHP. I did them strict, no knee bounce at all.

Dude that's awesome. Hitting a PR after a break is so rewarding

BumRush

Really?? Is that also related to water intake? I've never had that happen and consume 160g minimum daily, but I drink 1.5 gallons of water a day.

Not sure. At the time I was having about 220-240 grams a day and my mom - who's in the medical field - found out and freaked out about potential long term kidney damage so I went to the doctor and she told me to stay below 1.2 grams per, maximum.

mdsfx

Not sure. At the time I was having about 220-240 grams a day and my mom - who's in the medical field - found out and freaked out about potential long term kidney damage so I went to the doctor and she told me to stay below 1.2 grams per, maximum.
220? Whoa...

BumRush

220? Whoa...

Yeah, I may have chronicled my addiction with myofusion cinnamon roll protein on here. I was having at least 4 scoops a day, plus all of my meals, because it tasted like the nectar of the gods wrapped in silk. I literally just stopped buying it because if it was in the house I was making a shake with it.

Szu

Yeah, I may have chronicled my addiction with myofusion cinnamon roll protein on here. I was having at least 4 scoops a day, plus all of my meals, because it tasted like the nectar of the gods wrapped in silk. I literally just stopped buying it because if it was in the house I was making a shake with it.

You made me think of this:

58618749.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Lol, nice brah.

ILoveBish

Still on 3 hours of sleep, hit the gym and that woke me up nicely, felt pretty damn strong and all the lifts were done easy. I didn't weigh myself this morning because i only got 3 hours of sleep, tonight i'll get proper sleep and start fresh tomorrow. I feel good tho, looking forward to a solid week.

When I'm in the habit of eating well it's no problem. After a holiday where I allow myself to let loose a bit I find it harder to get back on track. Junk food feels like a drug sometimes.

PRO-TIP - don't have holiday cheats. Im kinda kidding, but kinda not. For you tho, you should be gaining mass, so i would enjoy.

Just improved my OHP (a little), which resulted in most of my accessories being shit. lol

Oh well, can't have it all.

Unrelated, I was thinking about that beach body thread and the following occurred to me...

Learning a language: Awesome.
Starting a hobby: Good stuff.
Getting educated / certified: To be commended.
Playing a musical instrument: Impressive, takes dedication.
Running a marathon: You must have trained hard for that!

Getting muscular: You look like a cunt.

Bettering yourself physically is not cool in todays online warrior agenda. Its pretty funny. My opinions on most things are wildly different on 99.9% of topics compared to your average redditor. And i'm glad for it.

PICTURE OF HUGE BUFF DUDE

Looking terrific broski. Has the skin at the bottom of your tummy gotten better? It looks it.

as a man of hair and as one that is becoming comfortable in his own skin. I wonder if I should shave my armpits? I am a hairy beast but it seems like it far more acceptable to share the pits and leave everything else natural looking

I nair or trim my body hair every month or so. It bothers me greatly. My entire body top to bottom gets covered with hair, its disgusting and its just genetic. Its just another thing to do for maintenance.

I noticed palm oil in the list of ingredients on the quest bars. Is there anything particularly bad about this oil compared to others?

Edit: Holy saturated fat. Triple that of olive oil.

Real talk, you dont get healthier then saturated fat. Best there is. Enjoy it. I had to quit quest bars due to getting kicked out of ketosis with them.

What up FitGaf I'm new to all this but I've been following the OT for a little while now and finally have time to make a proper introduction. Been hitting the gym for years now but I'd still call myself a beginner. Just recently decided to get my core in better shape so that's my main focus as of now. I'm somewhere around 5'7 160. I guess I'll drop some pics too...just realized I never take leg pics and seeing Spirit makes me want to work on my lower body more.

As you can see getting there but not quite there...

You look amazing broseph, you're like way past most peoples end goals by several levels, it seems insane to want to go leaner, but you know what you want. Great job.

otapnam

Hey can anyone recommend protein for sensitive stomaches? I've used eas fora awhile and am currently on some generic stuff i split with a friend that my body isn't really agreeing with

BumRush

Real talk, you dont get healthier then saturated fat. Best there is. Enjoy it. I had to quit quest bars due to getting kicked out of ketosis with them.

Ive never done keto, but the way you describe ketosis on here always sounds like that 2-3 seconds right before you bust a nut...glorious, but fleeting.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Wait a minute Spirit... Someone actually attempted to make fun of your traps? Did this person also try to give you shit about your small legs after that? It's ridiculous! Looking great man.

___

And FitGaf continues to add great looking specimens. Awesome work UrAvgGuy.

ILoveBish

Ive never done keto, but the way you describe ketosis on here always sounds like that 2-3 seconds right before you bust a nut...glorious, but fleeting.

In today's modern food industry, it's rough to be keto. The odds are stacked against you. You have to work at it and put everything into your own hands.

The benefit is that you come out with a ton of knowledge and experience, and you are better off for the rest of your life when it comes to food and nutrition. You learn a lot about what you really enjoy.

Your description is actually pretty good. Keto really feels amazing. Getting kicked out of keto does not.

UrAvgGuy

You look amazing broseph, you're like way past most peoples end goals by several levels, it seems insane to want to go leaner, but you know what you want. Great job.

/brofist. Thanks man, yeah I'm not looking to do anything crazy but I do want to see if I can make a bit more progress.

Wait a minute Spirit... Someone actually attempted to make fun of your traps? Did this person also try to give you shit about your small legs after that? It's ridiculous! Looking great man.

___

And FitGaf continues to add great looking specimens. Awesome work UrAvgGuy.

Thanks Cooter, much appreciated.

mdsfx

In today's modern food industry, it's rough to be keto... You learn a lot about what you really enjoy.
You know, this is most definitely true. My carb intake wasn't quite as low as yours (often 30-50 net), but one thing I did realize is how much better I feel eating less of them.

Having 70-90g per day now feels great (as opposed to 250+) and I wouldn't want any more. If and when I do eat a lot of them in one sitting, especially crappy carbs (ordering pizza), I now realize how bloated and sluggish I feel afterwards.

Through the effort to eat less carbs I have also discovered low-carb/carb-free food that I love.

entremet

Hey can anyone recommend protein for sensitive stomaches? I've used eas fora awhile and am currently on some generic stuff i split with a friend that my body isn't really agreeing with

Try isolates.

Or just eat more whole food protein sources--cottage cheese, tuna, meat, beans, etc.

ILoveBish

You know, this is most definitely true. My carb intake wasn't quite as low as yours (often 30-50 net), but one thing I did realize is how much better I feel eating less of them.

Having 70-90g per day now feels great (as opposed to 250+) and I wouldn't want any more. If and when I do eat a lot of them in one sitting, especially crappy carbs (ordering pizza), I now realize how bloated and sluggish I feel afterwards.

Through the effort to eat less carbs I have also discovered low-carb/carb-free food that I love.

Its a learning process. The food industry is designed to sell you subsidized carbs that taste amazing and is cheap, they know exactly what they're doing and profits are so high, they do not want to change anything.

The more you read about the food industry, the more you get disgusted with how incredibly crafted it all is. Even the way the chips melt in your mouth is chemically engineered to be as satisfying as possible.

mdsfx

Feck, I'm up early as hell. Welp, off to the gym to embarrass myself with my first leg day in months. I think my injury has healed enough.

Live feed of my failures incoming...

I've done nothing on my legs in two weeks now, not cycling, not weights. Wasting away, pissing me off.

I'm still in a lot of pain after the physio appointment. I'm not convinced what he did was actually good for me in any way.

mdsfx

I've done nothing on my legs in two weeks now, not cycling, not weights. Wasting away, pissing me off.

I'm still in a lot of pain after the physio appointment. I'm not convinced what he did was actually good for me in any way.
oh man, sorry to hear that. Is this the IT band issue? You've been off for two weeks with no improvement?

Irony was, it was feeling fine (until I cycled), but whatever he did bruised the shit out of where it attaches and I can't even lay on that side to sleep now. I have another appointment tomorrow but there's no way I'm letting him touch that bit again, it hurt enough last time, and it wasn't bruised then.

mdsfx

Irony was, it was feeling fine (until I cycled), but whatever he did bruised the shit out of where it attaches and I can't even lay on that side to sleep now. I have another appointment tomorrow but there's no way I'm letting him touch that bit again, it hurt enough last time, and it wasn't bruised then.
did he recommend icing it, stretching, rolling, taking anti-inflammatories... Any of that?

looking back, I can't tell you that any of that helped me. I did end up using an IT band strap to be able to race, which seems to keep constant pressure on my IT band instead of allowing it to keep Contracting against my leg. It wasn't a magic bullet, but I was able to run a bit farther more comfortably.

in the end, I think it was just the rest that eventually helped. that and working out within a comfortable range. if it really started to hurt I would slow down or stop if needed.

Yeah, all of that, but I was pretty much doing all of that already.

Main problem is having to raise the height of my seat to reduce the irritation, but if I raise the height of my seat I wont be able to deal with technical terrain properly.

mdsfx

I do feel like exercising through it carefully, as long as you're not in intense pain, helps a lot. If you have a stationary bike or a trainer at home, maybe you could try some lower intensity workouts with the seat at the height recommended by the doctor (I'm guessing so that its that you have a very slight bend in your knee at full extension).

The problem is, being an overuse issue, obviously every rotation of the pedal is technically going to cause more inflammation. I was pretty much having to leave a week between any cycling so that it could heal fully but now it's angry as hell and I don't really want to risk any sort of movement (even sitting at my desk is uncomfortable).

mdsfx

Sucks. Pretty bad feeling being benched due to injury. I was stubborn enough to run a race anyway, but I doubt my pain was as intense as yours.

mdsfx

And here it is. Raw, unfiltered disappointment.

Squat Update: 225x1 was mostly OK. Went up to 245 after that and had to dip out :( thank God for safety features. Still wasn't able to sit back far enough. Knees are too far forward.

Deadlift Update: 265x1. Not terrible. Think I could do more but my form would get worse.

Clean and press: 135x1 because why not.

Notes: definitely lost strength and a lot of hip flexibility. I had some tightness sensation near my IT band, but no pain. Good sign. Even ran some sprints afterwards with no issue.

Spirit, eat your heart out... Lol
(Seriously, your legs are at least twice the size of mine)
IMG_2.jpg

Try different brands. I used to get upset stomach with the GNC brand, and one generic protein made me fart a lot. ON is ok

Well, I feel shamed.

Those shoulders are legendary. Looking great man.

Yeah Spirit, you are looking beastly. Nice work.

Zeus himself would blush. Looking insane dude.

You are such a cutie!
And damn sexy, but you knew this already.)
Totally love your shoulders and chest.
Haha, you guys are too kind, but I'm glad to see these posts. I have a lot of work left to do, but it is freaking motivating to read your posts. Can't wait to get in the gym today now.

Haha, I was just thinking about this the other day. My traps are alright, especially the backside of them, those are huge. I'm happy with what I've got.

I do wish I had gym attire to show off my legs though.

Spirit, eat your heart out... Lol
(Seriously, your legs are at least twice the size of mine)
Haha please, you look insane man. So jelly of that definition and you have great quads, nice sweep. They get my stamp of approval. ;)

Looking terrific broski. Has the skin at the bottom of your tummy gotten better? It looks it.
Thanks bud. It has kinda I guess. I think it's more that I've just come to terms with it and it doesn't bother me anymore. *shrugs*

And here it is. Raw, unfiltered disappointment.

lol, get out of your own head for a bit man. There are many of us here that would kill to look like what you just posted, myself included (though I'm not sure it would do me much good on the bike). I appreciate you want bigger numbers, but what you posted isn't bad by any means.

I'd actually say you're quite well proportioned, and better still, no bulge swelfie!

It might be the angle, but are you leaning forward at the start? Seems like you might be. That aside, nice job, that's a big chunk of weight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom