• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBish

I play old retro games on PC. Emulation is the bomb. Really feel guilty playing games these days however. Its a mental block I need to get over.

blackflag

Thanks all I had to do was eat everything and get fat haha. Seriously though I have been eating so much. It's amazing the difference it makes.

BumRush

Thanks all I had to do was eat everything and get fat haha. Seriously though I have been eating so much. It's amazing the difference it makes.

Food and sleep are two extremely important things that many people just forget. You're right, the difference is amazing.

So... Question:

Do any of you guys play videogames? Lol

Just wondering if any of you used to but now only visit GAF for the fitness thread.

I still get Street Fighter or MKX sessions in here and there along with a few other fighters, some Cave shooters, MAME shenanigans, along with some Vita sessions playing Mortal Kombat 9, Ridge Racer PSP, or Persons 4.

got pretty bored with games for a couple years but playing Bloodborne really got me back into them. Loved that game and I'm in the middle of my second playthough of Dark Souls and will then play Dark Souls 2 after that. Got a New Nintendo 3DSXL for a $100 so I been playing Monster Hunter on that

Probably need to re upload later. I'm not on wifi right now.

http://youtu.be/aj62UbaASQs

Niceeee

mdsfx

I play old retro games on PC. Emulation is the bomb. Really feel guilty playing games these days however. Its a mental block I need to get over.
This. So much. There are so many amazing classic and retro games. I'm a bit of a sticker for 90's era Arcade games. Mame is my best friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You should see that fucker Roebear's PSN level. Dude's a maniac. Same with SpiritReaver/Wufei. Fuckin killers out there.

Roebear stop playing Spelunky! I'll never beat your scores!

blackflag

Food and sleep are two extremely important things that many people just forget. You're right, the difference is amazing.

Yeah my max was 365 for over a year and that's because I was always eating under 3k cal per day and also I wasn't trying to actively increase it.

blackflag

got pretty bored with games for a couple years but playing Bloodborne really got me back into them. Loved that game and I'm in the middle of my second playthough of Dark Souls and will then play Dark Souls 2 after that. Got a New Nintendo 3DSXL for a $100 so I been playing Monster Hunter on that

Those are the only games besides Destiny that I can seem to bother finishing. Everything other than Souls and Monster Hunter games end up boring me after awhile.

ILoveBish

Gym was great today. 3x305, 3x345 and 3x390 on deadlift. Felt very strong today, hit every rep clean and finished all my accessories including dip sets with 10,10,10,8. Feeling damn good, leanest I've been yet, still eating only 1750 calories a day, once a day, and full of energy. I love lifting!

Oh yah, forgot to mention, wearing a size medium shirt tank today. First time in my adult life.

This. So much. There are so many amazing classic and retro games. I'm a bit of a sticker for 90's era Arcade games. Mame is my best friend.

Yah man, shinobi, final fight, strider. Can play these anytime. I will beat all of you in baseball stars 2. I owned the cart as a kid lol.

You should see that fucker Roebear's PSN level. Dude's a maniac. Same with SpiritReaver/Wufei. Fuckin killers out there.

Roebear stop playing Spelunky! I'll never beat your scores!

I really need to get back into enjoying gaming dammit....

SeanR1221

Nice blackflag!! That's awesome.

Hey does anyone know the nutrition of jasmine rice cooked in grams? I'm getting tons of conflicting answers. I don't like just going by a cup

blackflag

Nice blackflag!! That's awesome.

Hey does anyone know the nutrition of jasmine rice cooked in grams? I'm getting tons of conflicting answers. I don't like just going by a cup

I don't like to go by cup either. I know brown rice ends up being about 5 oz per cup. Not sure if Jasmine would be the same though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Aaaand now there's 3 of us on GAF. Lol. Well done brother.

You'd love the new Bartop arcade I just got. Board has 619 classics like rampage, Simpsons, metal slug etc. all my favs from the 90s

UrAvgGuy

shiiiiit you made that look easy, well done my man!

So... Question:

Just wondering if any of you used to but now only visit GAF for the fitness thread.

I still get Street Fighter or MKX sessions in here and there along with a few other fighters, some Cave shooters, MAME shenanigans, along with some Vita sessions playing Mortal Kombat 9, Ridge Racer PSP, or Persons 4.

I haven't touched console in such a long time so I've been sticking to PC and 3ds. Huge fan of rpgs and multiplayer games(if a friend picks it up), currently playing etrian odyssey on 3ds and trails in the sky on steam. Also playing some path of exile on the side. Will probably pick up a ps4 this black friday for CoD and some other games.

Irobot82

Currently playing Mad Max

also in the process of one day beating

Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Shadowrun Hong Kong, and KOTOR 2. (i.e. maybe never)

I have a weird pain on my back when doing squats all of a sudden. I feel it around my left back right under my lats. It's mainly when i am going back up with the movement. This never happened before and I have been squatting for a while now. Anyone know what the issue could be?

mdsfx

You'd love the new Bartop arcade I just got. Board has 619 classics like rampage, Simpsons, metal slug etc. all my favs from the 90s
Oh hell yes. I just came across a 1000-game Mame 152 romset put together by a meticulous individual who collected screenshots, Arcade flyers, history, and images of the cabinets for every game. Crazy, but awesome.

Completely failed at OHP @115lbs, and now i feel all sad because I see all the posts about Brolic's 200+ beasting of it on the last few pages. I couldn't even do 3X3, I think I might have reached my limit there :(

mdsfx

Completely failed at OHP @115lbs, and now i feel all sad because I see all the posts about Brolic's 200+ beasting of it on the last few pages. I couldn't even do 3X3, I think I might have reached my limit there :(
Just out of curiosity, where are you grabbing the bar? I place my hands just outside of shoulder width. Any wider makes it harder for me.

BumRush

Officially accepted a new job today!! More time home with family. Much better pay. Even better career progression. I've been so stressed out lately but it feels like a 747 has been lifted off my shoulders (just kidding, I'm not Brolic, I could never rest a passenger jet on my shoulders). Off topic as hell but should mean a lot more time for fitness in the future and not "fitness whole pizza in my mouth" like it has been lately.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Fantastic news Bum and truly impressive lift blackflag. Great community we have here!

Jzero

So I wanted to mix a bit of my pre workout with my new flavor of Whey protein but I realized too late that Green Apple and Milk chocolate probably doesn't taste good together.

I've also been getting more gains in the past month than the other 6 previous months combined. Probably from eating 2x as much.

Fucking lol. Everyone is just looking at him like he's a crazy person.

Irobot82

So... Question:

Wrong thread?

Nah just too dumb to quote properly.

On the fitness side today

Squat 5x5 @ 150lb
OHP 5x5 @ 70lb
Deadlift 3x5 @190lb

So... Question:

I play games, but mostly just MMOs and MOBAs these days. I'm always playing Smite. I do occasionally dabble in fighters though.

Really when I am not gaming much I tend to do much better in the gym. I've never found a happy medium, lol.

Jzero

So... Question:

I've only been playing rocket league recently. It gets you pumped.

entremet

I definitely still game.

My sports watching has been dying, though.

I can't get excited for the NFL anymore these days.

ILoveBish

It was bound to happen, months and months of eating the same thing everyday, i've finally gotten tired of cauliflower rice chicken stir fry. I have about 11 days worth still in the freezer, then i'll figure out a new meal to eat everyday.

despire

It was bound to happen, months and months of eating the same thing everyday, i've finally gotten tired of cauliflower rice chicken stir fry. I have about 11 days worth still in the freezer, then i'll figure out a new meal to eat everyday.

Do you have the recipe somewhere?

ILoveBish

Do you have the recipe somewhere?

I don't think i did the write up on it. Cauliflower rice, chicken, bamboo shoots, scallions, cooked in sesame oil. Eggs cooked to the side, then added to the finished rice mix, then mixed together. Use soy sauce on finished meal on plate. Pretty simple, dairy free and really delish. I've just been eating it for literally almost 5 months now everyday (pretty much every day). I just checked the pic of the first time i made it.

I just need to find something else that is dairy free. I do not want to go back to eating dairy again everyday (occasional is fine, especially before i go to bed). The bloat is real.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Mostly what's in here: http://burnfatnotsugar.com/intermittent-fasting.html

It's not a silver bullet though, so don't expect miracles. For some of us it fits quite nicely with our lifestyles so it's well worth using. I'd also suggest only working out fasted if your workouts tend to be an hour and a half or less. Fasted exercise is fine for intensity, not so much for massive volume.

Thanks for the link. I've been skipping breakfast for quite a while now, but I'm going to try to be more strict during the day as well. Been slacking off massively during the summer, and partying too much. Must get back in the gym.

Might be a repost, but here's a 16 year old girl deadlifting 190kg at 67kg bw... She's also a soccer player and was diagnosed with Scoliosis at a young age. Impressive.
Article is in swedish. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article21421240.ab

brocolli rice chicken stir fry!

BumRush

Lean beef and broccoli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom