• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irobot82

Does anyone else get callous type sores on their backs where the barbell rests for squats? I don't remember getting them last time I was lifting.

mdsfx

sJtAYrd.jpg

mkenyon

Banned
Yeah, I'll stop now. My friends and I have developed a specific brand of "no cut too deep, no burn too severe" humor over the years. I forget that doesn't always play well outside of our small circle.

ILoveBish

Feel really tired this morning, slept around 6.5 hours. Only up .2 today so that was nice. Will probably just do my bench accessories today then deadlift tomorrow after more sleep.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yeah, I'll stop now. My friends and I have developed a specific brand of "no cut too deep, no burn too severe" humor over the years. I forget that doesn't always play well outside of our small circle.
Does this mean the bracket is a no go?! In that case, time for some ice cream tonight!

mdsfx

Edit: See exhibit A & B ^

I don't think we're even CLOSE to being weird enough to phase this group...

Cooter

NOOOOO it can't be over. I haven't left the gym since we started discussing this last night.
Such a shame! Now that I think about, I might as well cancel my chest waxing set for Sunday too...

EDIT: phew! Glad I caught this...

No, competition must happen. I just meant the jokes. :p

because I was on hold with my beautician. I hung up immediately!!

im like that too

the jokes and competition must continue

tell your waifu to follow me on IG

Thread Title: Fitness GAF got my wife preggers, what should I name the baby?

thread will be too busy about arguing about carbs and other generic fitness issues

Cooter

Choosing which picture I'm going to submit is the hardest decision I've made in 2-3 weeks.
I think it's a no brainer that it will have to be a close up side selfie with the head cut off. Afterall, that's what got the Mrs. hot and bothered in the first place!

Cooter

Damn, FE. Knowing that Mrs. Kenyon loves head cropped, 5% BF, side selfies, you went in the completely opposite direction.
You can't give her that level of sexy because if she picks you it's an instant marriage killer. Bum's right on this.

Cooter

Okay man...I'm just excited for Kenyon's wife to be honest. You pick the time...I'll be there (shirtless with my head chopped off)
Flexed or non flexed? Left side or right side? Two feet from mirror or three? I have so many questions! We should really standardize this for optimal fairness. I just need a few days. How about the cutoff be Sunday?

Cooter

Lol what's going on in here now. Hmmm
Mdsfx posted a pic. Mkenyons' wife said he was the hottest guy on FitGaf. Many here felt they didn't get a fair shake. Bum suggested a 16 person bracket competition to determine this correctly! What you see is the aftermath. Oh, and the FE posted one of his model pics.

mkenyon

Banned
Alright, I think I need a weight belt for where I'm at in Squats and DL.

I've read that you want one that is the same size all the way around. I can't seem to really get any hard evidence on why the super expensive ones are worth it outside of fit and finish (which I do still appreciate).

What's the skinny here?

mdsfx

Alright, I think I need a weight belt for where I'm at in Squats and DL.

I've read that you want one that is the same size all the way around. I can't seem to really get any hard evidence on why the super expensive ones are worth it outside of fit and finish (which I do still appreciate).

What's the skinny here?
At what point is a belt needed? I feel like if my back is struggling (and it does on DLs) it's only bc it's too weak. I assumed using a belt would be counter productive, but only because the weight I'm pushing is still in beginner/intermediate territory.

mkenyon

Banned
At what point is a belt needed? I feel like if my back is struggling (and it does on DLs) it's only bc it's too weak. I assumed using a belt would be counter productive, but only because the weight I'm pushing is still in beginner/intermediate territory.
I'm @ 200lbs, and did my first 285x5x3 attempt. Felt a bit of a tightness in my lumbar that has persisted a bit. Only goes away when I pop it.

So my main interest is in preventing back injuries.

entremet

lol no I'm not on anything I just want to get back into shape. Its the stronglifts program (although I almost picked up Starting Strength as a replacement. I just wanted to do more as I really felt the compound exercises didn't really target my core and upper body enough. I've definitely noticed strength gains. I mean if my body tells me no I do't do anything but for the most part I guess I felt I needed to do more.
Is that really enough arm and core stuff? Same could be said for calf stuff.

You're working out arms every workout.

I'm saying do the arm work after the compound lifts. That's working them out 3x per week.

Just two exercises, though one for tris and one for bis at 3x8-10 rep range. You can go to failure as well. That's more than enough for your stage.

I like skull crushers or close grip bench for tris

Incline db curls or chins for bis.

Mdsfx posted a pic. Mkenyons' wife said he was the hottest guy on FitGaf. Many here felt they didn't get a fair shake. Bum suggested a 16 person bracket competition to determine this correctly! What you see is the aftermath. Oh, and the FE posted one of his model pics.
Oh dear, lol.

On the subject of belts. I really should use my Inzer more, but every since I got a Brute Belt for dips/pullups I usually just use that since it's already on my body anyway. :x

I need to get a better gym bag. I use my school back pack and there isn't a lot of room for things.

BumRush

Literally didn't think it could be summed up so succinctly in one little paragraph but you proved me wrong. Very well done.

As for the stipulations:

Flexed, mirror, head cropped...straight on or side is your call. Due by EOD Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom