• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Congrats on the Bench PR Mikey. Losing on Sunday probably won't sting as much now.
Your last couple posts have cracked me up! Haha

I've already stopped drinking and am now on a Bish fast to be ready for Sunday!

mdsfx

Congrats on the Bench PR Mikey. Losing on Sunday probably won't sting as much now.

Your last couple posts have cracked me up! Haha

I've already stopped drinking and am now on a Bish fast to be ready for Sunday!

Lol. You guys have gone completely off the deep end. I'm still not 100% believing this until I see a bunch of pics flooding the thread. Something tells me it'll happen though...

I'm joining Team Brolic and working on a steady diet of cupcakes this weekend. Edit: minus the truly heavy lifting.

Szu

Lol. You guys have gone completely off the deep end. I'm still not 100% believing this until I see a bunch of pics flooding the thread. Something tells me it'll happen though...

I'm joining Team Brolic and working on a steady diet of cupcakes this weekend.

Hey, if it wasn't for the proposed stipulations. I would have won hands down with this picture.

tSBo4FI.jpg

mdsfx

Hey, if it wasn't for the proposed stipulations. I would have won hands down with this picture.

http://i.imgur.com/tSBo4FI.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Oh my god it's happening hahaha

[img]http://media.giphy.com/media/LFlT04CTtrwc/giphy.gif

My diet has been out of control the past 3-4 weeks. Just eating without remorse. I start the week off decent but then the closer the weekend comes, the worse it all gets until I regret everything Sunday and swear that it won't happen again... only for it to happen again lol. The weight is definitely creeping up and that bloated feeling is starting to feel more and more like my "normal" everyday feel and that is not good. This time I will keep it in check. Go hard today and tomorrow then a solid diet for the next 3-4 weeks. See what magic I can do.

heh, I gone throught hat mentality many a time, the way you feel and look after a few days of just going hard on carbs and you never want to go back

You should base your diet around the foods you actually like to eat, then you won't go crazy and start binging every week.

BumRush

Mrs. Kenyon: "What's GAF Sweet 16?"

Me: "That's gonna be the name of the elimination tournament."

You're honestly the best sport. This thing IS happening. I just purchased the full version of Adobe Photoshop to make sure my head is cropped just right. $600 to win the affection of Mrs. MKenyon? Every time.

Szu

o/

Where's the Greek god dude? He'd crush you all.

#soaesthetic

Aesthetically, yeah. But this goes beyond that. This contest doesn't fall under the laws set by society's view of fitness.

In this universe, for this contest, there's only one constant.

One deciding force.

One all powerful being above all.

Mkenyon's wife.

This isn't a contest about what's pretty. If anything, it's the opposite. It going to be dirty.

And if you want to win, then you better be prepared to dig deep into the muck and play dirty.

If I need to break out the picture of my 1 year son and I for cuteness points, then so be it.

BumRush

Aesthetically, yeah. But this goes beyond that. This contest doesn't fall under the laws set by society's view of fitness.

One deciding force.

Mkenyon's wife.

This isn't a contest about what's pretty. If anything, it's the opposite. It going to be dirty.

And if you want to win, then you better be prepared to dig deep into the muck and play dirty.

If I need to break out the picture of my 1 year son and I for cuteness points, then so be it.

Holy Shit. Every time you or Cooter posts my hunger to win grows stronger.

mkenyon

Banned
if that is the case, im just entering a picture of my dog then
That might work, depends on the dog though. We're both kind of snobbish about dogs.
how to win ez: topless, riding a horse, with your gorgeous locks flowing behind you

One deciding force.

Mkenyon's wife.

More protips: She's actually not a fan of kids, in general. Some, but her mommy gene naturally gravitates towards furry things, rather than humans.

This is why Brolic should enter.
You're honestly the best sport. This thing IS happening. I just purchased the full version of Adobe Photoshop to make sure my head is cropped just right. $600 to win the affection of Mrs. MKenyon? Every time.
Make sure to get the mdsfx plugin. It automatically adjusts the picture to make veins pop, crops out your head, and adds a random tattoo for extra badassness.

Cooter

You cheaters can post dogs and babies. I'm bringing straight beef! Rare and hold the head. Dis be all about torso to neck!

Cooter

Just the 2 chuck roasts in my arms if that counts Mr. Szu. Boom!! Oh and you know the splits is not allowed right? Just making sure.

You guys need to stop encouraging Brolic to partake because I'm pretty sure he'd win.

Szu

Just the 2 chuck roasts in my arms if that counts Mr. Szu. Boom!! Oh and you know the splits is not allowed right? Just making sure.

You guys need to stop encouraging Brolic to partake because I'm pretty sure he'd win.

Well, that's because he'll bring a bear.

mdsfx

Dear Potential Future FitGaf Member,

Things weren't always this way. There was a time when every post was related to training and this thread was bursting with useful information and accounts of agony and achievement. If you dare enter, share not the opinions of progress photos from your loved ones. These are dark days. Proceed cautiously.

ILoveBish

Wow. Weighed in at 220.4 this morning, looked really lean and got almost 7 hours of sleep. Felt really good, and this is the first time I've worked out 5 days in a row in over a year easily. Hit the gym for deadlift and got 5x285, 5x330 and 5x375. Hit every rep and felt so freaking strong.

Keep in mind I've been eating 1400 calories or less a day at this point and I'm still going up in weights on compounds and accessories. I missed a few reps earlier this week but it seems like body had not adapted yet. The biggest change diet wise is I'm no longer freezing meals and making them fresh every few days, and lowest carb count yet, about 9g or less carbs a day now.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I've been in bulk mode for months. Catch up.

I realized today it's really time to start using my lifting belt during my DB presses. I don't care if it's cheating or not anymore, I want more weight over my head.

Cooter

I've been in bulk mode for months. Catch up.

I realized today it's really time to start using my lifting belt during my DB presses. I don't care if it's cheating or not anymore, I want more weight over my head.
Who here or anywhere for that matter ever impied it was cheating?

Cooter

This was my own mindfact, but I do see people from time to time proud of their "raw" lifts.
I assume you're doing seated DB press in which case a belt isn't as helpful as when you are doing standing. That being said, go ahead and use it if it helps but you should probably work on being tighter without. The seat should give you plenty of support for your back.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I assume you're doing seated DB press in which case a belt isn't as helpful as when you are doing standing. That being said, go ahead and use it if it helps but you should probably work on being tighter without. The seat should give you plenty of support for your back.

I do them standing and have been working on tightness throughout, squeezing buttocks, quads, whatever I can. If the belt will help me get that extra rep and move up in weight quicker, I'll take it.

Cooter

I do them standing and have been working on tightness throughout, squeezing buttocks, quads, whatever I can. If the belt will help me get that extra rep and move up in weight quicker, I'll take it.
Oh, standing is a different thing entirely. I believe you've stated why you do DB press instead of BB but enlighten me again.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Oh, standing is a different thing entirely. I believe you've stated why you do DB press instead of BB but enlighten me again.

The catalyst was that I would get minor injuries doing barbell bench and sometime felt pain in a bad wrist so I looked into using dumbbells:

Did a little research and found Rippetoe say DB bench and DB press are theoretically better than the barbell versions, but that barbell versions are recommended for reasons such as loading, equipment, etc. I have solved the problems of loading smaller increments with extra equipment.

Additionally, Strength Training Anatomy by Frederic Delavier seems to confirm more muscles get used during dumbbell bench.

Of course now I'm finding new injury risks with DB bench, but both feel rewarding. I can't say progression has been especially fast, though I'll see how it translates to the barbell versions when I reach my DB goal of 67.5s 3x5 on standing press.

Brolic Gaoler said:
Even in classic lifting a belt is still "Raw."

Good to know. I'd best stop handicapping myself.

Good to know. I'd best stop handicapping myself.

Hell some powerlifting meets consider knee wraps in the raw category. The categorization of meets is kind of annoying in powerlifting. I'm thinking about competing next year but I need to figure out what organization I want to compete for, what equipment they allow (is it traditional raw, no-nos, etc), are they drug tested or not, whatever. Its kind of annoying. I would also like to hit a 1500 total before getting on stage but I guess we'll see how that goes by next March.

Cooter

Hell some powerlifting meets consider knee wraps in the raw category. The categorization of meets is kind of annoying in powerlifting. I'm thinking about competing next year but I need to figure out what organization I want to compete for, what equipment they allow (is it traditional raw, no-nos, etc), are they drug tested or not, whatever. Its kind of annoying. I would also like to hit a 1500 total before getting on stage but I guess we'll see how that goes by next March.
Are you close to 1500 dude? Damn

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

If you're even close to 1500 you're as strong or stronger than me and should be competing.

As for federations assuming you're drug free NASA and 100% RAW.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Any of you watch Sons of Anarchy? I used to think achieving Jax's look would be nearly perfect, but it turns out the guy is actually not that muscular in the first season:

fbd4b25112e63697d712f253fdc6923a.jpg

He and I are practically around the same weight, and seem to have nearly the same amount of muscle (though he may be better in certain areas, as am I).

So not really satisfied with that. Much prefer going with Brad Pitt's look from Troy

b13774510cdf6d79b030935ca797921f.jpg

... or at the very least, Fight Club:

brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg

edit: I guess the point of this post is that when you start off as a 120 lb. (at 5'10") weakling, everybody seems huge. And then when you finally do get bigger, you never feel big enough.

BumRush

Today was my last day at my old job. I actually have TWO weeks off in between (thought I'd have one) which means I'll be spending time with my wife and baby, lifting, eating, drinking, watching the Mets and playing until dawn. I'm pumped.

I haven't had two full weeks off of work since I was like 14 years old

...is this a good thing? I'm not good with sport.

Haha he's just fucking around.

mkenyon

Banned
Working on my modeling faces for a warmup.

KX8ad8X.jpg

Gonna hit the legs hard tomorrow and spend my normal time for compounds to hit the DBs hard like the Legendary FallingEdge. Then it's time for swelfies in my running tights. #buldgeswelfie

Cooter

Working on my modeling faces for a warmup.

KX8ad8X.jpg

Gonna hit the legs hard tomorrow and spend my normal time for compounds to hit the DBs hard like the Legendary FallingEdge. Then it's time for swelfies in my running tights. #buldgeswelfie
Not sure why your wasting your time with face shots when the stipulations clearly state the head must be cropped out mdsfx style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom