• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
Turning 38 in 2 months. Everybody says I look 30 or younger though.

The 30's are better than the 20's for me, I am sure of that

HKnightz

205 lbs, 5x3 working sets of flat bench. Gonna try to bump it to 210 next time.

Also heading to Asia for 2 weeks so I'll have to do some bodyweight exercises. Gonna just eat as much as I can to bulk in the meantime.

Mike I'm in the same situation as you (although more at 9 to 10 percent BF), so thanks Sir Cooter for your impeccable words of wisdom. Definitely finding it harder to bulk than cut.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
205 lbs, 5x3 working sets of flat bench. Gonna try to bump it to 210 next time.

Also heading to Asia for 2 weeks so I'll have to do some bodyweight exercises. Gonna just eat as much as I can to bulk in the meantime.

Mike I'm in the same situation as you (although more at 9 to 10 percent BF), so thanks Sir Cooter for your impeccable words of wisdom. Definitely finding it harder to bulk than cut.
You are certainly welcome. I've been through so many bulks and cuts and I'm glad I can help. Bulking is surely more mentally tough for me. Besides the time in the gym there is no validation that it is all worth it. At least when you cut you notice positive signs the other 23 hours away from the gym. Everyone struggles with some component of muscle building and fat loss. I'm fairly sure of that. Otherwise everyone at the gym would have wives blushing over them like they do for Bum!

ILoveBish

I turned 37 this year and this is literally the best year of my life. Only going to get better. When people try to guess my age, usually upper 20s is what they go with.

mkenyon

Banned
I turned 37 this year and this is literally the best year of my life. Only going to get better. When people try to guess my age, usually upper 20s is what they go with.
Also 32. Best year of my life? Not sure about that one, but I don't have too much to complain about.
I'm 32 and this was the best year of my life!!
Same, 32 here. First half of the year was prolly the worst of my life (or second worst), but I'm finishing strong. Been the best few months of my life, with nothing by sky ahead.

mdsfx

Cooterizing initiated. 3k calories and its not even dinner yet... And I'm hungry. Wtf is happening...

what-is-happening-gif.gif

mdsfx

Have we ever had the egg debate in here?

Just curious since I freakin love them. Had 6 today (only planned for 4). Never had cholesterol issues.

I'm 32 and this was the best year of my life!!

Aye, I'm not happy about getting older, but my life since I hit 30 has been getting progressively better. Far better work life balance, far fitter, far happier.

Partly sour grapes. I just love beer too much to ever have any chance of getting them

Ehh, that's bollocks. I drink a ton of beer, I have abs. Well, at least for a while anyway.

y8euLvU.jpg

BumRush

Have we ever had the egg debate in here?

Just curious since I freakin love them. Had 6 today (only planned for 4). Never had cholesterol issues.

If you don't have a pre-existing cholesterol issue I believe you're fine. I eat 2-3 eggs a day and my cholesterol is amazing.

Plus they taste so damn good.

Same, 32 here. First half of the year was prolly the worst of my life (or second worst), but I'm finishing strong. Been the best few months of my life, with nothing by sky ahead.

Great to hear my man!!

Cooter

465x10 is taking it easy. For love of God man! You are in a class of your own. December can't come quick enough.

I want ammonia now! Also, were you going double over hand without straps or were those straps on your wrists?

Cooter

Using straps until 3-4 weeks out while I use farmers to train grip.
Got it. I was gonna say. Although, would you normally be double overhand at that weight without straps? If you're not even at mixed in the mid 400s for a set of 10 you are even more amazing than I thought.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Got it. I was gonna say. Although, would you normally be double overhand at that weight without straps? If you're not even at mixed in the mid 400s for a set of 10 you are even more amazing than I thought.

Nah, I'm just at 405x5 double over. I'm not concerned about grip though. To this point it's not been an issue.

who started that x grams of protein = x lbs bodyweight thing for cutting, and why did that persist so long as common knowledge

Protein companies.

Talking of which. I can't do whey protein any more. Just had one as I was short today because of an evening meeting and almost immediately got a headache / felt sick.

Very odd.

I get anywhere from 180-300g a day. Proteins one of the macros I really don't care much about as it's so easy to get enough. For me anyway.

I wanna see more hype from you 30+ boys. I'm gonna be 30 soon. :(

Do you drink a lot of alcohol?

Nope, not really.

I'm almost surely positive its mostly from stress/dehydration. I've had it for like...10 years almost (Since I was 17). Finally saw a rhumathologist yesterday for the first time in forever.

Normal uric acid levels are between like 3-6 mg/L.... mine is at 12.5

Also the price of the medicine I'm supposed to start on got jacked up from like 5 bucks to 120 with insurance ughgugughgughguhgughgughghghhghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom