• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Team Fortress 2. I played three weeks ago after not playing for 2 years.

sphinx

the piano man
I suck at playing video games because when I decide what to play, I stick to a game til I have 100% it and it takes forever to move on to the next one.

those of you who have me in their PS friendlists can go compare trophies and see that I have played a whooping 2 games in 1 year.... those are Evil Within and Final Fantasy Type 0... both games regarded as pure shit by most of Gaf.

I am pretty sure there are much better 2015 games out there than FFT0 but that's what I played, I really liked it, the ending makes me cry :(((((( so sad.

so yeah Final Fantasy Type 0

Congrats man

Great news, sphinx.

thanks guy, appreciate it.

crpav

I sucks at playing video games because when I decide what to play, I stick to a game til I have 100% it and it takes forever to move on to the next one.

those of you who have me in their PS friendlists can go compare trophies and see that I have played a whooping 2 games in 1 year.... those are Evil Within and Final Fantasy Type 0... both games regarded as pure shit by most of Gaf.

I am pretty sure there are much better 2015 games out there than FFT0 but that's what I played, I really liked it, the ending makes me cry :(((((( so sad.

so yeah Final Fantasy Type 0

thanks guy, appreciate it.

Pretty much how I am but try adding being married and having a 3 year old son as well. Don't want him exposed to game(wife's decison). I finally 100% complete fallout 3 and all the DLC and moved onto Destiny since a friend talked me into it. There goes any other game for a long time.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bros! I discovered something delicious.

Buy some Quaker Rice Cakes - Chocolate Crunch. Then Spread some Jif Peanut Butter (crunchy one)

Got damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

so good.

I eat them on my Refeed days.

This is some kind of peasant meal?

3phemeral

mpCE52O.gif
Ouch, my spine!

First week of 5-3-1 complete. I think my deadlifts are struggling due to a weak lower back. Here are my numbers based on my AMRAP sets (All were 7-10 reps):

Still need more lower body gains, but that'll get better with the next bulk.

I'm starting 5/3/1 on Monday. I was wondering what exercises you do for each compound lift?
Good numbers dude.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Your form is so solid, smooth and repetitive that it honestly looks like you're using a machine. Unbelievable.

I actually came out of my groove on the second rep, you can see it if you look close, that's why I didn't go for a third rep. I appreciate it though. If I can nail that down I'll be golden.

Can I get an ebook version? I'm in Australia so I can't get it from Amazon.

Yep, sure can.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Starting strength is evil. I'd been stalling on 3 sets of 5 for a while. I saw you guys saying sets of 10 was better. I dropped my bench weight a little and went for 3x10. Made it to 25 and I'm actually sore in my chest for the first time in months. Should I apply this to everything except deadlifts?

SeanR1221

I actually came out of my groove on the second rep, you can see it if you look close, that's why I didn't go for a third rep. I appreciate it though. If I can nail that down I'll be golden.

Speaking of form, lately my hips have been shooting up on deadlifts. I really want to get this in check. Any tips you'd recommend? I did some reading, and two things "ribs down" and "lead with the chest" seemed to be sensible. Anything else?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Speaking of form, lately my hips have been shooting up on deadlifts. I really want to get this in check. Any tips you'd recommend? I did some reading, and two things "ribs down" and "lead with the chest" seemed to be sensible. Anything else?

It's a problem of not being tight before the pull. It goes back to what I always preach. Pull the slack out of the bar like I do when I set up.

Skip to the deadlifting. ( 1:18) watch what happens to the bar and the inside plates before I push off the ground, t bends and they come off the ground.

http://youtu.be/7LrhgWM97Vk

Also watch this.

http://youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

BumRush

Yep, sure can.

I more meant on the 8x265 (which looks like you have a Styrofoam bar in your hands), but still typical brolic form at the heavier weight.

despire

Starting strength is evil. I'd been stalling on 3 sets of 5 for a while. I saw you guys saying sets of 10 was better. I dropped my bench weight a little and went for 3x10. Made it to 25 and I'm actually sore in my chest for the first time in months. Should I apply this to everything except deadlifts?

No and sets of ten isn't better. It's just different. Also being sore doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's just more volume and your muscles aren't adapted to it, hence the soreness.

If you are stalling you are probably not eating enough. Also try adding some assistance movements. But keep the bench 3x5.

How much do you bench?

goober

It's a problem of not being tight before the pull. It goes back to what I always preach. Pull the slack out of the bar like I do when I set up.

Skip to the deadlifting. ( 1:18) watch what happens to the bar and the inside plates before I push off the ground, t bends and they come off the ground.

http://youtu.be/7LrhgWM97Vk

Also watch this.

http://youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

Nice, you can see it a lot better if you slow down the video.

230 lbs and going strong. Want to be 225 lbs by Feb 20 as I will be on a mini vacation with some friends at a hot spring.

I'm with mkenyon, gotta hand it to Overwatch. Going to be my game this year. My other would probably be Witcher 3.

Play Smite with me. :(

Overwatch is going to be a blast. I can't wait.

As for Smite, I can try! I haven't touched it since the early beta days.

Teggy

Tomorrow is going to be so nice. Got myself a bag of kettle chips, bag of Fritos, bag of spice drops and a flavor of Ben and Jerrys I haven't tried yet. Haven't decided on the meal - kind of want pizza but don't really want leftovers that won't age well. Might do five guys or Moes or something.

SeanR1221

Good man.

My wife has been slow cooking a chicken chili for a good 6 hours now. Bottle of red and some chili...not a bad saturday.

We're having chili tonight too!

I've had pancakes twice already. These Kodiak power cakes are great. Throw some quest whey in and a banana...goddamn.

Check out how big the snow pile is behind me

kgGtHrwh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom