• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrical muscle stimulation - did anybody every try it/or has been doing it for a while now?

I am seriously thinking about signing up for one of the studios here. I never seriously considered it since it just seemed like bogus to me, but a friend of mine is doing only that twice per week (16 minutes each) and he is in awesome shape despite doing nothing else at all.

Tried it yesterday for the first time and it was actually a lot of fun and super exhausting. I do have sore muscles too, like after an intensive workout.

Thinking about combining it with exercising (with dumbbells/bodyweight) at home so I can avoid signing up with the totally overcrowded gyms around here...

what the... i have never considered how i hold the bar :[

I've looked at the photo and I have pretty much no idea how I'm supposed to be doing that. I think I'll just stick to my usual grip as bench is complicated enough for me without starting to think about my hands on top of everything else.

need a workout plan
having trouble staying motivated (or sticking) to a single plan
have intermediate experience i guess.
biggest limiting factor would be my legs (knees are weak, torn ligaments that wont heal)

any suggestions?

its mainly the leg days that makes me look for a new workout. when leg day rolls around, i usually take it easy or need to cut it short (fear of damaging my knees).

entremet

Hitting the gym today for the first time since my minor injury.

I'm feeling much better, but I missed the iron. Gonna go light of course and slightly go up over the weeks.

Gonna listen to my money this time lol.

need a workout plan
biggest limiting factor would be my legs (knees are weak, torn ligaments that wont heal)

any suggestions?

its mainly the leg days that makes me look for a new workout. when leg day rolls around, i usually take it easy or need to cut it short (fear of damaging my knees).

Do you have knee issues? Why are you worried about damaging your knees?

JoeNut

need a workout plan

any suggestions?

You could try those tight sleeve things? i have one for my ankle when it flairs up due to a historical ligament issue i have

Hitting the gym today for the first time since my minor injury.

I'm feeling much better, but I missed the iron. Gonna go light of course and slightly go up over the weeks.

Gonna listen to my money this time lol.

partially torn ligaments. won't ever heal 100%.
can feel strain on them sometimes

entremet

partially torn ligaments. won't ever heal 100%.
can feel strain on them sometimes

Ah. I see. I'd honestly check with a doctor or physical therapist.

That said, I''m not a huge fan of stuff like leg extensions or smith machines since they restrict natural movement and don't allow you adjust like free weight movements such as squats or lunges.

Restricted machine movements could make it worse.

Heysoos

Hit 395lb 1RM on squat today. Form wasn't the best, I felt like my chest was going a little too forward, but at the very least I felt like I broke parallel. Felt great.

Posting mid workout to say that after four months of niggles and general bullshit keeping me stuck at the same place... I just managed a new PR on OHP.

mdsfx must have inspired me!

mdsfx

Posting mid workout to say that after four months of niggles and general bullshit keeping me stuck at the same place... I just managed a new PR on OHP.

mdsfx must have inspired me!
Niiiice!

And thanks again everyone. I feel like that got way more attention that it deserved lol

bryt

God damn. I haven't been to the gym in 6 months after going pretty regularly for 2 years straight and the DOMS is too real. I went too hard on legs on the first day back and it's been 4 days and I'm still in pain. This morning it took me over 3 minutes to put on my work pants and socks lol

The fuck? I just set a squat PR on top of the OHP one, and threw another rep on for the hell of it. Felt like I could have done 10lb more.

Edit - First time I've ever checked the weight because it felt too light. lol

mdsfx

The fuck? I just set a squat PR on top of the OHP one, and threw another rep on for the hell of it. Felt like I could have done 10lb more.

Edit - First time I've ever checked the weight because it felt too light. lol
At this rate I think you should make today a one-rep-max test day followed by turbo trainer Marathon.

ILoveBish

Down .6 yesterday, down another 1lb today. So far so good on the PSMF diet. I got the book, so I'll read it and see what else I can learn.

Congrats mdsfx, hitting your body weight on ohp is no joke.

At this rate I think you should make today a one-rep-max test day followed by turbo trainer Marathon.

It's very strange. I'd have thought with all the turbo trainer work I'd have been completely broken when it came to the weights, but the squat especially felt much easier than I was expecting it to. I'll check my vid later, but I'm betting when I finish the first set I look utterly confused. :D

Wulfric

Dayum, that's pretty darn awesome. OHP is no joke. Congrats! What's your next goal?

just had some egg rolls. no ragrets

Tzatzaki makes egg rolls pure heaven. Wasabi is good to a certain extent. We served them at our Super Bowl party and I ended up eating most of the plate. :D

Also, I got a new haircut on Wednesday.
Yay... :(

QCVAvFc.jpg

Pachimari

If I want to start do lighter workouts at home (just to get into it slowly before I hit up the gym), is there any recommended app that demonstrates the movements and how to do the exercises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom