• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

How do I best flatten my belly? Today I started doing sit-ups on a bench, and doing 3x15 in the morning, afternoon and evening. I'm using this at home:

mo5YP67.jpg

And I'm planning to get a chin up bar as well, to train my arms and shoulders.

Pachimari

Getting a flat stomach is 99% what you do in the kitchen. How's your diet?

Well, I only just started changing it this week. I'm no longer drinking soda or eating snacks or fast-food. Last year, I got shocked, that I had gained 20 kg, so now I have carrots in my fridge. Milk, chocolate milk, apple juice, eggs, pasta, dark bread but I haven't made any weekly plans. I'm using a food weight to calculate how many calories I take in now too.

I saw this training video yesterday, that I should do these to get a flatter stomach.

despire

How do I best flatten my belly? Today I started doing sit-ups on a bench, and doing 3x15 in the morning, afternoon and evening. I'm using this at home:

mo5YP67.jpg

And I'm planning to get a chin up bar as well, to train my arms and shoulders.

This:

Him: What's the best exercise to get that six-pack
Me: Push-aways
Him: What's that?
Me: Push away the plate next time you're tempted to go for a second helping

vday post workout pump is the best pump

http://i.imgur.com/UQ5dI1K.jpg

well, 2nd best pump

heyoooooooooooooo

A couple of progress pics. Trying to put on some size with minimal fat gain. Still doing mostly compound lifts and some CrossFit but added in a lot more isolation back and arm work. Not similar views I realize but I think it's working (ish).

http://i.imgur.com/UeVjXE0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9I0sdSC.jpg

solid brotherman, v-taper coming in nicely

Calderc

I'm finding it so hard to stick to a routine. Not been sleeping the best lately and been waking up feeling sick which isn't helping my quest to eat more. So frustrating.

Pachimari

Thanks for the link. I just finished watching it and it's very interesting. I will implement this throughout my day as it seems to really strengthen the core of the body. I didn't know about that. I will check out his other videos as well and look into this dragonflags he talked about.

He's saying it's more about diet than exercise
Oh alright. Good I'm changing my diet then. :)
Though I take it that I can continue my sit ups.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Jobz and FE looking epic!

Hope the Valentine's cheat day is going well Mikey! Pizza, spaghetti, garlic bread, kettle corn, and ice cream for me today! I need it too. Hit 177.2 this morning.

BumRush

Jobz and FE looking epic!

Hope the Valentine's cheat day is going well Mikey! Pizza, spaghetti, garlic bread, kettle corn, and ice cream for me today! I need it too. Hit 177.2 this morning.

I got my wife 3 full meals and dessert from plated.com last night (awesome date night idea by the way). We (I, really) ate all of them.

SeanR1221

FE looking epic. Love those sweatpants too.

I'm having a weird time adjusting to a slim fit. I've been so used to wearing baggy pants but I think I need to embrace the legs and ass that I have and roll with it.

theytookourjobz

FE looking epic. Love those sweatpants too.

I'm having a weird time adjusting to a slim fit. I've been so used to wearing baggy pants but I think I need to embrace the legs and ass that I have and roll with it.

I love slim fit pants. Banana republic jeans are pretty damn comfy and not too expensive either.

BumRush

Oh alright. Good I'm changing my diet then. :)
Though I take it that I can continue my sit ups.

Absolutely. Sit ups are fine, it's just that if trying to get a flat stomach they are (a) secondary to your diet and (b) not as important as cardiovascular activity. A common misconception is that you can lose weight in your stomach just by doing ab exercises. This just isn't true (I mean, technically, any "activity" will cause you to lose weight but you know what I mean). Strict ab work should be for refining your abs (e.g. getting a six pack), not losing weight or getting a flat stomach.

Hope that makes sense.

I love this...

"Unlike creatine monohydrate which mostly converts into creatinine (a toxic and unusable form of creatine) once mixed in liquid"

Yeah... if you leave it in water for a couple of days, then drink it. Misleading wankers.

Fox318

All the supplement you need. 9lb pork butt smoked for 9.5 hours with oak and pecan wood.

12729326_10208854272745074_1074100855289451416_n.jpg

Trust me I wish I could do that but I'm trying to lose weight.

I love this...

"Unlike creatine monohydrate which mostly converts into creatinine (a toxic and unusable form of creatine) once mixed in liquid"

Yeah... if you leave it in water for a couple of days, then drink it. Misleading wankers.

Their marketing is pushy and I'm not exactly a fan of not listing ingredient doses but I just put a scoop in my pre-workout or what ever and I forget about it.

I used to use Optimum nutrition CGT-10 because it was dirt cheap. I think I got 1000 grams for buying some protein or something a while back.

Honestly I use this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008LEJ4SQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

but get the cheapest stuff. It shouldn't really make a difference.

Anyone here ever have any issues from Bulksupplements.com ?
I get my creatine and Beta Alanine from BulkSupplements. Outside of the occasional shake these are the only supplements I take. My friend likes their Citrulline Malate (2:1) but I never got into "pump" supplements. I keep it simple.

Look them up in 3rd party lab tests. Flying colors.

JoeNut

well fair to say my diet has been absolutely terrible since thursday, just as i felt i was getting somewhere abs wise it's been nothing but food and beer for days!

Pachimari

Bruh, gains

This is amazing hahaha, very nice picture! :)

Wish I could have a dinner like that.

Absolutely. Sit ups are fine, it's just that if trying to get a flat stomach they are (a) secondary to your diet and (b) not as important as cardiovascular activity. A common misconception is that you can lose weight in your stomach just by doing ab exercises. This just isn't true (I mean, technically, any "activity" will cause you to lose weight but you know what I mean). Strict ab work should be for refining your abs (e.g. getting a six pack), not losing weight or getting a flat stomach.

Hope that makes sense.
Nice, so it's a good idea that I will start running in the park, that'll help flattening my stomach, I just don't want to lose weight, I just want to maintain it. I want a six-pack as well, but it's not a goal of mine in the short-term, it's something I will be looking at when I have started up training properly.

BumRush

This is amazing hahaha, very nice picture! :)

Wish I could have a dinner like that.

Nice, so it's a good idea that I will start running in the park, that'll help flattening my stomach, I just don't want to lose weight, I just want to maintain it. I want a six-pack as well, but it's not a goal of mine in the short-term, it's something I will be looking at when I have started up training properly.

Just a heads up...getting a flat stomach is a marathon not a sprint. It takes a long time and a lot of dedication. I'd suggest having a plan - both exercise and diet - and really dedicating yourself to it.

Pachimari

Yes, I expect everything about this to be a marathon, and a lifestyle change as well. I'm currently doing the vacuum exercise, sit ups and I'll start running in the morning soon, probably tomorrow morning actually. I finally found some clothes I can use.

[edit] by the way, I have a hard time doing sit ups today. I only did 15x3 yesterday but right now I'm only able to pull off 5x1, because it starts hurting both my stomach and my back. Is that normal and should I keep training or should I take a break?

KillerBEA

Yes, I expect everything about this to be a marathon, and a lifestyle change as well. I'm currently doing the vacuum exercise, sit ups and I'll start running in the morning soon, probably tomorrow morning actually. I finally found some clothes I can use.

[edit] by the way, I have a hard time doing sit ups today. I only did 15x3 yesterday but right now I'm only able to pull off 5x1, because it starts hurting both my stomach and my back. Is that normal and should I keep training or should I take a break?
Muscles probably still need recovery time. Try doing them every other day and alternate with another exercise that works a different body part/section i.e. pushups or body weight squats.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm probably going to get shunned from Fitness GAF forever for this... but I'm not a massive fan of smoked foods. Though in my defence, I'll say it could just be that most of the smoked stuff I've had was shitty quality (from supermarkets and the like).

I've been to a few BBQ joints and enjoyed the food, but they didn't make a big thing of anything being smoked (I assume some of it must have been though?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom