• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I thought I should show you a picture of what kind of screw and anchor is currently in the wall. The ones to the left are what is in the wall:

H8nyvJh.jpg

I tried with some larger ones that you see in the middle, but then I weren't able to screw them all the way in.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yup... Cheat day has arrived and once again I'm 175.2. After hi rep shoulders and tris I'm getting a couple pizzas, doughnuts, and ice cream and my kids and I are going to watch Interstellar. Ten thousand calories or bust!

EDIT: Hold the phones!! Wife got called off her shift. Bread pudding and chocolate covered strawberries have now been added to the menu.

BumRush

Yup... Cheat day has arrived and once again I'm 175.2. After hi rep shoulders and tris I'm getting a couple pizzas, doughnuts, and ice cream and my kids and I are going to watch Interstellar. Ten thousand calories or bust!

EDIT: Hold the phones!! Wife got called off her shift. Bread pudding and chocolate covered strawberries have now been added to the menu.

Oh boy. We could be looking at 12k????

Fox318

I need to create a new plan.

All I do is compounds and I feel like I'm not getting bigger arms.

Would I be better off focusing on other body parts?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Oh boy. We could be looking at 12k????
The pizza is about 4000. Ice cream 2500. Doughnuts 1000. Bread pudding and strawberries roughly 2000. That's about 10k right there and I just bought a new jar of PB&Co. Very possible!

J. Bravo

Been a minute since I was consistent, but I am finally buckling down and making the gym a priority again. I was thinking of something like this:

Workout 1
Heavy bench
Chest/light arms

Workout 2
Heavy deadlift
Back/light arms

Workout 3
Heavy ohp
Shoulders

Workout 4
Heavy squats
Legs

Accessory work will be chosen based on how the heavy portion went. My heavy lifting rep scheme will probably be %age based off my calculated 1rm at first. Cardio is gonna be basketball a few non lifting nights a week. I eat and sleep well enough already which is why I'm not a fat fuck. Abs and many pull ups will be done at home in between rocket league matches haha.

Any suggestions?

BumRush

The pizza is about 4000. Ice cream 2500. Doughnuts 1000. Bread pudding and strawberries roughly 2000. That's about 10k right there and I just bought a new jar of PB&Co. Very possible!

Goddamn. I'll admit, I'm impressed.

I need to create a new plan.

All I do is compounds and I feel like I'm not getting bigger arms.

Would I be better off focusing on other body parts?

Definitely don't replace your compound with isolated movements but if you want bigger arms, add bi and tri accessories to back / chest days

Wait, did you just like eat straight peanut butter in a bowl?

Is that what you guys have been doing?

I don't know what to think anymore, I can't eat peanut butter by itself, it has to be on toast or in something. It just seems so blah

Booked in for a body fat percentage check at my gym using calipers next Monday, I think I'm under 20%? Want to get down to 12% before my first ever proper bulk, I can't wait to eat more :)

BumRush

I don't know what to think anymore, I can't eat peanut butter by itself, it has to be on toast or in something. It just seems so blah

I usually have it in a bowl with jelly, and a huge glass of whole milk...but psycho won't eat jelly since he's British.

Jelly:

Jelly.jpg6553cea5-2aa4-4060-bcc1-c166b929d0feLarger.jpg

I don't have bread in the house, so not much I can put it on. Skippy has been fine being eaten like, that, but I really don't like the natural stuff.

@_Isaac: No, I didn't make it. That was this stuff: http://www.meridianfoods.co.uk/Products/Peanut-Butters/Conventional/Peanut-Butter-Crunchy-100

Had to bail out of a squat for the first time today. Actually... surprisingly easy.

How long have you made it without doing it? Did you previously just not attempt a rep if you weren't sure?

There's no "correct" macros. Speak to one person and you'll get one set, speak to another and you'll get something completely different.

The only vague consensus you might get around here is to eat about 1g / lb body weight of protein when cutting (this is quite debatable, but it's a number most can live with).

Pretty much... I was just feeling out of sorts today. Not enough sleep I think

I always tend to go for it. Re-racking the weights sucks if you fail, but I've done plenty of reps that I wouldn't have believed I'd have been able to do based on the rep before.

despire

Link your article.

How is that going by the way?

Yea I might do that.

Going fine except I haven't been able to put anything new up in a while, since I've been bogged down with my thesis. Luckily that's over with so I can get back to writing I hope. Not sure if it's a good excuse but whatever :p

i didn't get to try 405# on deadlift but i went to red robins with a friend after the gym.

iFwrsK73c5jYl1MhXNlVXt0E9QMi9WdCMBUtGydwNBZ_np5vk0jtA9pZELPqieIrrIPn3K79cBQLINkKS3fpxxSgY4h8dzS7rHUCR6lshSWhgXloDNyT5BoBVwcge2aS5HKGLWbgV4tcWRWy7m986bXEXM9_U1GfaAPmfsAuxwSFZLRBLVcHEqaYOVuvFwcl_RDgy3WT8ghiXeJlhxuSL2i4vUcLMyT48gCPY40MwXWDJGgA0alLt3e1F1dZvPzAJUemHX2CvAT55b5eGU2NVxdoV4Qpikyf2qGaL1T86OeTVblAY0z6gamTvbEIl6Y0Y4vmBnyi7K-ssKihtfYw71iv8iWJOvs9UG7srjx2eouLAztJ2y2s3QnVgKZWyJ_zLfZNN3Xnfxe86Uga3HVHiKpNSXdxDLbyAhmf_1R6AAlKIvGsJV12O25WCrA4P_AOv5feEByIwctZXOEIqyWuQd1idyjWUXJg2fPGjl7VAM7MrqjpOhkt6EloAK5mKx7KJ_2ht4BH_UyC7kKxuzEU1tOqnheIk_z9WOda5NJgcTTK4eNJPeg9Qo6KaJ7hbkM3xN4Oug=w836-h471-no

Prime Chophouse Burger with an onion bun sans provologne cheese. and smoothie without the Grenadine. #RIP
didn't even get to get at least another refill on the endless fries #RIP

Protein .82-1g/LBM or BW

Fats and carbs don't matter that much but basically something like this:

Fat min. 50g or so
Rest from carbs

This seems way too much. I will basically need to consume 200 grams of protein a day, how I'm supposed to hit that?

It been a while since I did a serious weight loss diet (10 years or so). From what I remember I did a basic low fats diet back then, but I'm willing to try new stuff.

That's one of the lower numbers you'll read on the subject. OP actually talks about 1.5g / lb.

...and yeah, getting a decent amount of protein in is hard, but sorting a proper diet was never going to be easy.

BumRush

This seems way too much. I will basically need to consume 200 grams of protein a day, how I'm supposed to hit that?

It been a while since I did a serious weight loss diet (10 years or so). From what I remember I did a basic low fats diet back then, but I'm willing to try new stuff.

As psycho said, that's the least you'll see recommended. Chicken, lean meats, etc. all have a ton of protein, and if you need to supplement with a shake, you can get 65 grams or so for ~ 500 calories.

Unrelated, I had the new quesalupa yesterday (steak) and it was amazing...

despire

How much you weigh? What's your bodyfat %? What do you do for exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom