• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Potatoes for bulking, yay/nay?

I'm making a stew on Sunday and wondering if I should pick some up to add in.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Not particularly high in calories, but if you're making a stew, why not. :)

Noted. I'll see if I can find some other stuff to put in to up the calorie count. So far it's just beef stock, potatoes, carrots, celery, and beef shoulder.

Personally I use wild rice to get the carb count I want when I do stew. I prefer asparagus instead of celery and turnips instead of potatoes.

So since my last progress shot in December I've gone from 80kg to 75kg, I've lost heaps of fat around my mid section and I've been going up in all lifts. I think I've lost general size as well though, that's normal for a cut right? I wanted to get down to 12% BF before I start my first ever bulk, but I'm worried I'll get in smaller before then. Is that normal?

BumRush

So since my last progress shot in December I've gone from 80kg to 75kg, I've lost heaps of fat around my mid section and I've been going up in all lifts. I think I've lost general size as well though, that's normal for a cut right? I wanted to get down to 12% BF before I start my first ever bulk, but I'm worried I'll get in smaller before then. Is that normal?

If you're losing weight fast, some is naturally going to be muscle. Just keep lifting hard and heavy and consider doing hiit instead of long cardio sessions. Congrats by the way.

mdsfx

WARNING: I'm pretty drunk (which means I shouldn't be posting but phukit), watching some shows with the wifey as we drink tequila and campaign.

Just wanted to pop in and say you guys are great. Was thinking about my deadlift progress which is all completely thanks to the feedback I received here. Couldn't have done it without you guys. THANK YOU!

Side note: Secretly hoping she passes out after some fun so I can get back to some primitive Far Cry Primal action. My cave lion is itching to tear some sh*t up!

J. Bravo

6 deficit days followed by a day of 8k+ calories.
Tf. Sounds hard.

I'm having what I think are mild back spasms. How do I fix them? How do I relieve the insane tightness I feel in my lower back, hips, gluted, and hamstrings? Am I playing too many videogames?

Teggy

OK, tomorrow is the diet moment of truth. If I wake up and I'm not a pound under my last two (identical) Saturday weigh-ins (and that's looking pretty unlikely), next week is going to be -100 calories per day. If next Saturday's weigh in is a failure again, no cheat day until the following week.

On the other hand, I'm considering going to the store to try on 32-32 jeans because my 34s have become really roomy. But it seems really unlikely that I'm recomping at 1750 calories + a 4-5K cheat day.

Szu

WARNING: I'm pretty drunk (which means I shouldn't be posting but phukit), watching some shows with the wifey as we drink tequila and campaign.

Just wanted to pop in and say you guys are great. Was thinking about my deadlift progress which is all completely thanks to the feedback I received here. Couldn't have done it without you guys. THANK YOU!

Side note: Secretly hoping she passes out after some fun so I can get back to some primitive Far Cry Primal action. My cave lion is itching to tear some sh*t up!

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

I wonder what shows and drinking games were involved.

Teggy

What does this mean? Are you drunk calling people to get out the vote? Drunk playing D&D?

Edit: oh, did you mean Champagne? LOL

velociraptor

So... business as usual on the bench, complete and utter failure to hit my target. lol

However, another PR on the deadlift. \o/ Back feels a touch tweaky now, but I can tell it's just muscle tension rather than damage.

Related, I got a new ab wheel last week and it's making a massive difference to my core engagement on lifts. I throw in about two or three minutes of it in my warmup and that little bit of soreness really lets me concentrate on tightening everything up.

Edit - Oh, and on the bulking thing. I thought I'd got a handle on my calories but my weight increase seems to have stalled again. I'm eating such massive amounts now, crazy.

Will do. Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9LIsIpsQE
I tried 'breathing in the air' before a deadlift rep, but I ended up breathing out whilst pulling. Felt like I was going to shoot out my abdominal viscera. D: lol

Guess I'll need to practise with a lighter weight.

theytookourjobz

Anyone here have a fitbit blaze or garmin Fenix?

A guy that I train at my gym just gave me a blaze yesterday. He works in finance and I guess the company that makes them is one of his accounts. I'll report back when I try it. I have zero experience with wearables though.

Faiz

Saturday pre-cheat weigh in: 168.

Downing a massive white coffee with a banana then heading downstairs for DL/OHP day.

Then PWO waffles with peanut butter.

Then nothing till a late massive Mexican lunch.

Ending with whatever treats my mom brings with her today when she comes to visit from Indy.

Today is a good day.

DrunkFitGAF is best DrunkGAF.

Seriously though, feel the same. I don't participate here as much as I should but when I do it's always inspiring and encouraging.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I think my chest and back are getting so thick I need to start buying longer t-shirts. Anyone run into this problem and know what to look for when buying online?

velociraptor

77kcal per 100g isn't particularly high in my world. You have to eat a LOT of potatoes to get a lot of calories... and they're filling too, which really doesn't help.

I will agree that they're delicious though, especially when you've grown them yourself (some of the varieties you don't see in shops taste AMAZING).

Edit - Check out some of these freaky beasts: http://www.jbaseedpotatoes.co.uk/buy-seed-potatoes/heritage-seed-potatoes

OzpAkse.jpg

Baby-Blue-Potato-Salad-4.jpg
Two potatoes might be 60g carbs. Tbh it takes me a good few potatoes to become satisfied. My stomach is a bottomless abyss.

Two potatoes might be 60g carbs. Tbh it takes me a good few potatoes to become satisfied. My stomach is a bottomless abyss.

At the moment I'm on about 500g of carbs a day, would be a looooooot of potatoes. I do still enjoy a huge (like, plate sized) baked potato from time to time though.

SeanR1221

This whole post made Me lol. But real talk. If it was t for fitgaf I'd have left gaf a while a go.

What's your psn name btw??

Y'all should see this Mac and cheese I made yesterday. That shit was the truth. Cheat day reached a whole new level.

I saw it. And got a food boner in public.

Calderc

So what are the most calorie dense foods? My appetite us terrible so I wanna get the most bang out of my buck. I know things like nuts and nyt butters are good but is there anything I should add to my diet?

mdsfx

So what are the most calorie dense foods? My appetite us terrible so I wanna get the most bang out of my buck. I know things like nuts and nyt butters are good but is there anything I should add to my diet?
Anything high in fat. Fat has more than twice the calories per gram compared to carbs or protein. 9cal/g versus 4cal/g.

Higher fat foods:

Nuts/butters
Olive oil
Red meat
Fish
Cheese

BumRush

6/7 days.

Monday: squat
Tuesday: log press
Wednesday: HIIT
Thursday: deadlift
Friday: bench press
Saturday: Strongman events
Sunday off.

What do you do for HIIT? Which day is your favorite??

Have some avocados. Delicious and calorie / good fat dense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom