• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

It feels really good to train, especially for my mind, as it helps get my thought off my ex who we broke up three weeks ago. And now another ex from eight years ago texted me on Facebook out of the blue so now I'm reminiscing and missing her too now. The training helps me get through this emotionally hard time for me, and I'm so glad I got the chin up bar installed on the wall.

mdsfx

Got dayum. Peanut butter and Greek yogurt is so f*cking good. I've had it daily for a month now and still love the hell out of it. It tastes like a peanut butter cheese cake.

Pachimari

Good luck with your accutane treatment! It changed my life for the better some years ago.

Also, I actually don't think I can do a single real pull up on my chin up bar. It hurts my arm like crazy.

Teggy

Really? How long did you have it?

Longer than I realized apparently. Expiration date was Feb '15 lol. I think I have been using it in smoothies occasionally too (I'll usually use the chocolate peanut butter) but probably never smelled it. But mdsfx got me curious and I mixed some with yogurt and realized it smelled horrible.

GrizzNKev

Banned
PR'd all lifts in a one week period. Bought myself a Sprite 2-liter to reward myself, especially for overcoming my squat barrier. Nice to have something other than water or protein shake for the first time in months.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
PR'd all lifts in a one week period. Bought myself a Sprite 2-liter to reward myself, especially for overcoming my squat barrier. Nice to have something other than water or protein shake for the first time in months.

Congrats man!

ILoveBish

Been so busy bros. Bought my fiance's actual engagement ring and it's going to be 8 weeks to be made. Excited that's done and over with. Loan on the house is done and approved, so they want to finish escrow earlier. Home gym time is creepin.

Otherwise back on PSMF as of today and about to go to my shitty gym now.

Hey Bish you might find this interesting. I certainly did as it answers one of the questions we once pondered on how you are able to keep lifting so heavy while on full keto without any carb refeeds at all. I was listening to one of the interviews on http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/ and he (Menno) said that even in full keto diets, the muscle glycogen will restore to around 60% capacity every time (while even the hardest workouts could drain only around 40% of it). Body will restore the glycogen each and every time because without it you couldn't even move. So while a high carb diet will restore more of it, giving you extra oomph, even a keto diet will restore more than you can ever train with a sensible training routine.

Dunno where the glycogen comes though, that he didn't say :)

It comes from the fat stores on the body. As long as you're above 7% bf, you can use fat stores for energy. After that, you will break down hard.

Ugh... went to the cinema tonight, and it's right next to a gym. Was watching a girl doing deadlifts and her trainer was doing fuck all to help her with her awful form (numerous things wrong).

I genuinely think he was too busy watching her ass. It was a stupendous ass, but he's not being paid to watch it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Switched to a mixed grip for my deadlifts today. It felt weird at first, but once I got the hang of it the lift felt much better.

sphinx

the piano man
today began my clean bulk.

Plenty of good stuff, fish, vegetables, chicken, potatoes, cottage chesse, etc.

This time the scale will fucking budge, I don't care what it takes, If I don't see a 72.X kg next week on my scale, I'll up calories and so every time until I find the sweet spot.

I am going for 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) a month, it really isn't much, it's a slow controlled bulk but I want to be 4 more kgs by June/july and see what happens.

today I weighted 71.1 kgs. let's see how near of 75 I can get.

Pulls, power cleans, rows, weight pullups, fat grips curls, Tabata on the air dyne. I can't move.

power cleans are some serious business.

There is one guy in my gym I admire cause he does strictly olympic lifts, clean&jerk, Snatch, power cleans too.

it makes me nervous cause I don't think he has a trainer and my gym is your standard chain gym with just the usual stuff, not an olympic gym at all. it doesn't have the right equipment but more importantly the right tainers and coaches to take on olympic lifting safely. I hope he knows what he's doing.

BumRush

power cleans are some serious business.

There is one guy in my gym I admire cause he does strictly olympic lifts, clean&jerk, Snatch, power cleans too.

it makes me nervous cause I don't think he has a trainer and my gym is your standard chain gym with just the usual stuff, not an olympic gym at all. it doesn't have the right equipment but more importantly the right tainers and coaches to take on olympic lifting safely. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Lol yeah. Does he look like he knows what he's doing?

They're such a good workout...the amount of muscle groups that go into completing one is insane.

today began my clean bulk.

Plenty of good stuff, fish, vegetables, chicken, potatoes, cottage chesse, etc.

This time the scale will fucking budge, I don't care what it takes
It likely takes a non clean bulk... :p

I gave up eating clean on my bulk. The sheer volume of stuff I was having to eat was ridiculous. I'm still not eating fast food or anything like, that, but balls to trying to bulk on chicken and fish; I'd just never hit the calorie targets.

BumRush

I gave up eating clean on my bulk. The sheer volume of stuff I was having to eat was ridiculous. I'm still not eating fast food or anything like, that, but balls to trying to bulk on chicken and fish; I'd just never hit the calorie targets.

I agree. 100% clean bulks make it really tough to gain any size. And they'll make you go crazy.

sphinx

the piano man

I agree. 100% clean bulks make it really tough to gain any size. And they'll make you go crazy.

a very close friend of mine is pulling it off and I want to take the challenge and try to follow his steps.

his diet looks like this.

8:00 AM Breakfast: 6 egg whites and a protein shake with oatmeal and a banana
11:00 AM Snack: Tuna, Pasta and Spinach
1.30.PM Chickean Breasts with rice and Broccoli
5:30 PM Red meat with more rice and mushrooms
8:00 PM (he says his trainer says he should repeat the meal from 17:30 but he can't it's too much)
9:30 PM Protein Shake
10:30 PM 4 egg whites with some turkey ham
11:30 PM a Jogurt

He got HUGE in a year, and the mofo looks thin from the face and at no point you'd say "well he's put weight but it's way to round and pudgy" from my perspective, it's solid muscle. he never misses a workout, ever, impressive discpline.

sure he says abs are like a strange dreams from 2 or 3 years ago.

by the way I am not going to eat what he eats, I have my own plan.

since I am much compact than him, I hope I'd need a lot less to get that caloric curplus.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I looked in the mirror a couple days ago and realized you would easily crush me in (the beautiful) Mrs. Mkenyon Second Annual Aesthetics competition...and I wasn't okay with it.
If you repeat I might actually considered adding cardio.
ok, that's a straight up lie

mdsfx

I feel for ya man. Went through two rounds of it when I was 17 and still didn't clear everything up. I'm 39 and still have complexion issues.
I'm 33. Still get that crap on my upper back here and there. Diet seems to play a big role. It was really bad during my [micro]bulk.

BumRush

Nope. I'll look into them.

Alternate 20 seconds of sprints with 10 seconds of jogging (or the bike equivalent, etc) 8 times with no break. It supposedly burns fat not muscle.

I started doing them on the air dyne and they'll wreck you after a full lifting session.

goober

Something I've been waiting anxiously has apparently finally launched:

https://www.avatarnutrition.com

Layne Norton mentioned this (he's one the guys behind it) in one of his post a while back. It's basically a premium macro calculator that gives you your numbers based on your stats and individual needs/traits. The cool thing is that it keeps adjusting those numbers based on your progress and how things are going. Not losing weight? The system will automatically give you updated calculations to keep things going again. So basically it should take the quesswork out.

Dunno how well it works but I'm gonna try it for a month or two. 10 bucks a month ain't bad if it works well enough.

Edit:
I guess it's been up for a while but I haven't really seen Layne mention it by name until today. Been trying to search for it every once in a while.

huh interesting. let me know if its worth the monies.

Cooter

Why do you think you lost? She could see the weakness and fear of cardio pain in your
pumpkin
eyes.
I lost because I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. This year I'm planning my entire workouts and diet around being ready for October. Cardio be damned!

BumRush

I lost because I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. This year I'm planning my entire workouts and diet around being ready for October. Cardio be damned!

It was my favorite time on GAF. The banter leading up to that competition was just insane. I wonder how many lurkers that popped in that week were like "what the fuck is wrong with these guys?"

Cooter

It was my favorite time on GAF. The banter leading up to that competition was just insane. I wonder how many lurkers that popped in that week were like "what the fuck is wrong with these guys?"
lol Probably a sizeable majority. This 2nd one should be even better!

Szu

I know I'm a longshot at the contest, but I plan to do my best to affect the outcome.

I know Bum lives in NYC. I'll just have to find him and take him out.

And by take out, I mean I'm going to take him out to a buffet until his abs dissappear.

BumRush

I know I'm a longshot at the contest, but I plan to do my best to affect the outcome.

I know Bum lives in NYC. I'll just have to find him and take him out.

And by take out, I mean I'm going to take him out to a buffet until his abs dissappear.

Lolol. Long Island though...not NYC.

BumRush

Was looking into Blendtec blenders and Jesus Tapdancing Christ at the price.

Anyone got a Nutribullet? How are they?

I have a vitamix which is effing unreal but I mostly use it for serious matters. I make my daily protein shakes in a nutribullet that I've had for like 5 years. I use frozen bananas and it still tears through them.

Calderc

I have a vitamix which is effing unreal but I mostly use it for serious matters. I make my daily protein shakes in a nutribullet that I've had for like 5 years. I use frozen bananas and it still tears through them.

Thanks, might have to get myself one. My fruits/veggies are being neglected in my quest for calories on this dirtiest of dirty bulks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom