• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

Just happened. Only two things that I could possibly link to it are...

1: Got a massive cramp riding my bike, possibly tore something.
2: Spent a couple of days in bed with the flu.
Hmm I see.

It's likely a combination of both. Acute inflammation + dehydration + prolonged immobility = risk of thrombus formation.

Cudder

Just wait until you squat in them your first time. You will instantly be in love.

Already had a couple sessions in them. Pretty noticeable improvement over Chuck's I'd say. Loving them so far! I'm at 315lbs @ 5x5 on my squats, which I've done before the previous time I did 5x5. I'm definitely interested if I can blow past my 1RM of 435, though! Time will tell!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just wait until you squat in them your first time. You will instantly be in love.

What is it about these that makes it so much better for squatting? Is it primarily because it elevates your heels, which makes it easier to keep your body from leaning forward and having your heels lift off the ground if you lack the flexibility?

BumRush

CHgcOcP.jpg

Adipowers came in. They're beauties.

Gorgeous. Let us know what you think.

ILoveBish

Down .6lbs, at 221.8lbs. I'm not sure how things are going to go weight wise for the next 2 weeks. Easter this weekend, and new house stuff the next 2 weeks after.

No gym today, going to interview for a new job that's closer to my new place.

despire

What is it about these that makes it so much better for squatting? Is it primarily because it elevates your heels, which makes it easier to keep your body from leaning forward and having your heels lift off the ground if you lack the flexibility?

That and the fact they are so stable. Your legs get glued to the ground.

Szu

Cubital tunnel - both arms. Bending my arm at 90 degrees causes the underside of the forearm, palm and pinky/ring finger to go numb.

I've got quite a few, but we have something in common with the cubital. In the end, I needed surgeries in both my elbows to fix the problem.

They're designed specifically for olympic weightlifting. The lifts are like a deadlift, followed by a squat, followed by a press.

However, most people feel comfortable squatting with a much wider stance than the one they use for deadlifting.

Heeled shoes allow you to squat deeper while maintain a typical deadlift stance, making it much easier to keep coordinated when performing the lifts.

I need some advice about 5/3/1... So I'm onto my third cycle using the Wendler log app and yesterday I had Overhead Press. I may be because I was very conservative about my 1rm numbers when I had to input them for my first cycle but it's now wanting me to do 16reps to get a new pb on my amrap set. If the idea is to increase strength isn't that kind of rep count not ideal?

Doesn't seem like I can recalculate my 1rm (so that It can give me the 90% numbers) without restarting the whole thing and losing all my detailed progress stats.

You know, I don't think I'd have the balls for eating out and intermittent fasting if I wasn't trim. You get some strange looks when you start asking for multiple mains. XD

I can only imagine that they expect to look up from their notepad and see a whale.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
WTF. I don't know if 30lbs in 3 weeks is healthy man. I mean good on you whatever you did but... What was your starting and ending weight? And what did you do to do this?

195 to 165. Diet and exercise (hour+ of cardio, weights, stretching, push ups and chin ups daily - in part to help address chronic back issue), but mostly stopped empty* calories. I drop/gain really fast. Always have. Probably drop 5 more but I'm basically done. 5'10" and 160 is ideal.

* I'm definitely missing those :-(

I've got quite a few, but we have something in common with the cubital. In the end, I needed surgeries in both my elbows to fix the problem.
Same.

I won't go through with it, though. I don't walk around with my arms folded all the time so it's not too bad. Sucks to hear tho, man :(

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REAVER!

mdsfx

Any update bud?

Nope. Looks like I won't hear until morning.

On the brighter side, I spent a good part of my day putting things into perspective. Regardless of whether or not I have a fracture, I'm still able to cycle and do most of my weight training.

This is also one of the least important races to me, the most important being one of the half marathons in the fall to raise money for my daughter's school district.

It's also not the fucking Olympics, so I guess I can chill. My training hasn't gone to waste. I'm faster than I've ever been and don't need a shitty bottle-opener 'medal' or official time to prove it.

On the brighter side, I spent a good part of my day putting things into perspective. Regardless of whether or not I have a fracture, I'm still able to cycle and do most of my weight training.

This is also one of the least important races to me, the most important being one of the half marathons in the fall to raise money for my daughter's school district.

It's also not the fucking Olympics, so I guess I can chill. My training hasn't gone to waste. I'm faster than I've ever been and don't need a shitty bottle-opener 'medal' or official time to prove it.

Best of luck dude. Keep us updated.

Good luck dude!

Those actually look great. Would it be weird to wear them out on the town?
If they look good, why not? I sometimes wear my Adidas Adi Luxe out and about.

SeanR1221

I think Monday I'm going to start cutting again. I've been maintaining since January but I wanna be a lower bf for summer. If I start now I'm not waiting until the last minute.

ColdPizza

Banned
Hey all...I'm new here.

I'm not really new to working out..but I was curious if anyone else here is taking blood pressure meds. I noticed that since I started taking them, I'm feeling considerably more drained after lifting.

Anyone else experience this?

Hey all...I'm new here.

I'm not really new to working out..but I was curious if anyone else here is taking blood pressure meds. I noticed that since I started taking them, I'm feeling considerably more drained after lifting.

Anyone else experience this?
I do, but pretty much every diabetic does as a precaution. No real issues, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom