• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also a lot of assumptions. How else would they create a detailed list of how many alcoholic beverages you have to give up to achieve a specific aesthetic? The general idea is correct, in that it takes more effort and you can go far enough to actually become unhealthy, but that's about it.

Precision Nutrition's infographics are essentially dumbed down versions of much more complicated articles that they put together. Still, they're fairly informative in their own right.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Well well well. Got a 500 DL today. Ugly as shit but it got up. Been about 4 months since I hit 5 hundo.

Well well well. Got a 500 DL today. Ugly as shit but it got up. Been about 4 months since I hit 5 hundo.
Awesome!

I did what the video brolic posted. Felt good. Was weird at first because every time the bar goes up I kept thinking I was going to fall lol. Bar path looked good. So I'm satisfied!

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Jusst missed my rep target today on press. The great news? For the first time since injuring my shoulder on DB bench, I could do dips.

Press - 95lbsx3, 115x3, 130x2
Dips - 2, 5, 6, 7, 8
Chins - 6, 7, 6, 5, 6
Side lateral raises - 30s 3x10
Face pulls

On another positive note, strangers are starting to call me handsome. From like zero non-grandma or girlfriend times to twice in two days. The power of face gains.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Squats are feeling pretty good again after some injuries, wasn't even breathing heavy after each set. Did 405x8 last week and decided to increase the volume after a terrible squat session Sunday. Rows went well with no hip movement or cheating, back felt beat up after.

HB beltless squats 385/375/365 x10
BB row 275-285 8x5

Y'all mother fuckers better start eating that cake right now.

SNXmxut.gif

Yo

Yo

So like

I'm going to punch some motherfuckers in the dick in Sean's thread. WTF. Epic levels of salt getting thrown around. Sodium levels that can kill a large elephant.

SeanR1221

Yo

Yo

So like

I'm going to punch some motherfuckers in the dick in Sean's thread. WTF. Epic levels of salt getting thrown around. Sodium levels that can kill a large elephant.

Lol I just laugh it off. It's funny to read actually and it's quite the contrast from the 99.9% positive comments I got on Reddit, and that's with a post that was temporarily on the front page

BumRush

Yo

Yo

So like

Insecurity. You had to expect it here. Sean did something incredible that took a lot of hard work...people are just anonymously hating on it.

Yo

Yo

So like

Happens. A lot of it is ignorance and jealousy. I get it now and again on IG/Facebook. Just gotta ignore it or laugh it off.

"You looked better before."
"Wow, lay off the juice man."

Even had people say it was sad that I let myself get fit and didn't just enjoy being happy as a fat guy, lol.

velociraptor

Happens. A lot of it is ignorance and jealousy. I get it now and again on IG/Facebook. Just gotta ignore it or laugh it off.

Even had people say it was sad that I let myself get fit and didn't just enjoy being happy as a fat guy, lol.
The responses in that thread.. couldn't really believe what I was seeing. Pretty sad.

Lol I just laugh it off. It's funny to read actually and it's quite the contrast from the 99.9% positive comments I got on Reddit, and that's with a post that was temporarily on the front page

Insecurity. You had to expect it here. Sean did something incredible that took a lot of hard work...people are just anonymously hating on it.

I hear you guys. Still pisses me off tho. I guess internet + anonymity is a helluva drug.

Great job all around man. Jealously is one hell of a bitch. You laid a good foundation for a similar progress I'm currently trying to do once I get down to my desired weight of 175. Currently at 191 so keep up the post its good motivations for the ones still on the journey there.

Currently at 191 so keep up the post its good motivations for the ones still on the journey there.
There's only one end to the journey, and that's death!

I can tell you that virtually none of the posters here ever manage to get to a point where they're 100% happy with where they're at. They'll always find room to improve. :)

mdsfx

I can tell you that virtually none of the posters here ever manage to get to a point where they're 100% happy with where they're at. They'll always find room to improve. :)
Ugh so true. Funny how you think you'll be satisfied by achieving a goal, but once you get there, the first thing that pops into your head is: "well, what's next?"

There's only one end to the journey, and that's death!

i think with powerlifting. you just keep going up and besting your best. so that's what i like i about it. so i'm satisfied for that one moment and i look to get better right after lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Ugh so true. Funny how you think you'll be satisfied by achieving a goal, but once you get there, the first thing that pops into your head is: "well, what's next?"
Nah. The only time I ask "what's next" is when I'm scheduling my cheat day. I do want that 600lb DL but it's on the back burner right now.

BumRush

This might be blasphemy but I'm pretty happy where I'm at. Everyone could always look better, get stronger, etc. but as I stated a while back my goal shifted to staying healthy for my daughter and...that's really it. If I get in 4-5 quality workouts a week, I'm satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom