• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Don't blame you at all. Fasting ain't easy and controlling your body's hunger to avoid overeating is even harder.

BumRush

I'm not sure it was even 2 weeks (edit: 10 days). I feel like a failure, but in the end, I guess I just have to do what works easiest for me.

Eating every few hours just seems to keep me happier.

Have you ever had your glucose checked? If it's relatively low, going prolonged periods of time without eating can cause 'mood swings'

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
OK FastGAF, you just lost a club member.

I cannot for the life of me stop binging after my fasts. At first I was fine, but my meals kept getting bigger and dirtier until bad things started to happen and cravings became primal. Very strange.

Also, and this might be BS, but I felt like I was having mood swings lol.

Back to more frequent smaller meals for me.
Yeah, fasting isn't for everyone.

It's brilliant for me personally, as it keeps me in check.

mdsfx

Yeah, fasting isn't for everyone.

It's brilliant for me personally, as it keeps me in check.
Yeah. I didn't mean to scare anyone away from it, it just made my cravings intense. It was almost like I was a food addict. My mouth was starving even though my stomach was full. It was all in my head.

Maybe I'm just weak haha

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah. I didn't mean to scare anyone away from it, it just made my cravings intense. It was almost like I was a food addict. My mouth was starving even though my stomach was full. It was all in my head.

Maybe I'm just weak haha

Nah I can understand that, you kinda hype yourself up for breaking the fast and since you need to fit the calories into a small window you kinda binge.

I usually have 2-3 meals within my 4-8 hour window, and I usually binge it and it makes me feel full so it's ideal.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
E3 fucking up my workout schedule. I should've gone at 5AM, but now it looks like I won't get in till 10pm, lol.

I should've left for the gym an hour ago but that damn Ubisoft conference and now Sony in 1hr.

Sadetar

I haven't posted in ages since there hasn't been that much going on with me. I have gained 11 pounds in the last two weeks. I am fairly certain it is due to the medication I am taking. I am totally bloated and feel like shit about it. Oh well, I hope it will go away when I finally can stop taking these meds. Also I go to the gym twice a week, but I can't use high enough weights due to my back. I just mainly go there so I feel I would do at least something. This is all very frustrating. On the bright side, it seems I will get away without needing to have a surgery.

I have been lurking in here though and I have loved so many posts! Great work everybody.

FE, looking great.

Leeness, so awesome to hear that you are doing brilliantly well!

Sean, your wife is an inspiration and also absolutely gorgeous.

mdsfx, I enjoyed your handstand. :p

Cooter, you sexy beast, you. (Also I totally adore your kids.)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What a lovely day. WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

2015-06-15%2018.05.49.jpg

Pancakes

I felt bad about ditching the gym but then FF7 and Shenmue got announced and my muscles started swelling on their own.

ILoveBish

OK FastGAF, you just lost a club member.

I cannot for the life of me stop binging after my fasts. At first I was fine, but my meals kept getting bigger and dirtier until bad things started to happen and cravings became primal. Very strange.

Also, and this might be BS, but I felt like I was having mood swings lol.

Back to more frequent smaller meals for me.

Truthfully, takes time to adapt. As you go on and make sure you're strict, it gets easier and easier. I fast 23 hours a day easy.

E3 fucking up my workout schedule. I should've gone at 5AM, but now it looks like I won't get in till 10pm, lol.

Hey, we had a great time for e3 and it was super fun chatting during it. Thanks for that.

Totally OT but holy shit at that Sony press conference..

It's the best e3 conference of all time. I don't think it can be beaten. 0 regrets not going to the gym.

It's now 36 hours and I'm still wide awake, but took a shower and now in bed. Hopefully I knock out.

UrAvgGuy

I haven't posted in ages since there hasn't been that much going on with me. I have gained 11 pounds in the last two weeks. I am fairly certain it is due to the medication I am taking. I am totally bloated and feel like shit about it. Oh well, I hope it will go away when I finally can stop taking these meds. Also I go to the gym twice a week, but I can't use high enough weights due to my back. I just mainly go there so I feel I would do at least something. This is all very frustrating. On the bright side, it seems I will get away without needing to have a surgery.

I have been lurking in here though and I have loved so many posts! Great work everybody.

Hey Sadetar, It's good to hear you're doing well. I've had my fair share of injuries and they always feel like crap because they make you feel like it's a set back. You'll be back before you know it, posting those awesome progress pics. It's a huge win that you're on the road to recovery and without surgery! Keep getting better.

Totally OT but holy shit at that Sony press conference..

Man that conference messed me all up. Well worth it tho.

ILoveBish

Slept well, up 2.4lbs, but no worries. This week is a food transition week plus vitamix fun time. Things will work themselves out I'm sure.

Feel pretty strong today, looking forward to hit the gym.

Welp, that was an utterly shit back day. Started with a bit of a headache which was enough to put me off the whole thing I think. Not sure if I half arsed it or I just didn't have the strength, either way, that one's not going in the record books.

Hope I'm better for my turbo trainer work later, or I'm going to get wrecked by it.

mdsfx

Welp, that was an utterly shit back day. Started with a bit of a headache which was enough to put me off the whole thing I think. Not sure if I half arsed it or I just didn't have the strength, either way, that one's not going in the record books.

Hope I'm better for my turbo trainer work later, or I'm going to get wrecked by it.
You motivated me to cycle today for a whopping... 30 minutes haha. I'm liking my 30 lifting sets, then 30 minute cardio plan this week. Always feels good to get the heart rate up. Of course, unlike you, i was only pushing hard enough to average a heart rate of 145. Nice way to give the joints a break from running though!

You motivated me to cycle today for a whopping... 30 minutes haha. I'm liking my 30 lifting sets, then 30 minute cardio plan this week. Always feels good to get the heart rate up. Of course, unlike you, i was only pushing hard enough to average a heart rate of 145. Nice way to give the joints a break from running though!

145 aint bad, though I'm sure you could do better over a half an hour period. ;)

mdsfx

145 aint bad, though I'm sure you could do better over a half an hour period. ;)
Funny thing is I ran 3 miles yesterday and my second mile was under 6:55 (fast for me), meaning my heart rate was probably much higher. I'm just not used to the burn you get from cycling. It's brutal!

ILoveBish

Got 3x300 and then 2x340 on squats today. I might have gotten the third rep, but it was a risk. I had to tell myself, fat loss first. I'm doing all this to burn calories, not strength training. Finished up, got everything else done and feel great.

Chances are I'll deload once again after this 531 session is over. Probably take a week off after as well.

Szu

Szu, that's terrifying. Good god...

For my limited experience watching arm wrestling vids, the men are very reserved and focused when they compete.

The women can be complete psychos. It probably one of the few sports where women scare me more than the men.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Well my back still hurts and I knew it would weaken me on squats but I still did em. Wasn't going to get x20 beltless today but I did some volume and it was fucking hard but managed 365 3x10.

J. Bravo

I would probably buy one. I need whatever it does on my legs after tonight.

Squatted 6x5 and 1x10 @ 250. Sets 1-4 were pretty cheese. 5 and 6 were a little tougher. 7 I think I blacked out on the last rep. It's not even heavy weight (80% of my training max). Who knew that kind of volume could be so tough.

Oh yeah, I did a set of 10 lunges each leg. Only made it to 15 reps total on the 2nd set before I collapsed with fatigue. Lack of sleep and food is killing me lately. Took a nice long rest on the floor then stretched and rolled a bit. Need food.

I've been working on my apparel line Battle District (@battle_District) so I haven't had much time to post, but here is an update. It's a result of German Volume Training... and yes, I'm still a Vegan.

vQKBpPel.jpg

ILoveBish

Made ice cream in the vitamix, came out freakin delish, but the texture is not like i expected. Wasn't like creamy scoopy ice cream, but eating it is just like ice cream. I'll have to put some thought into this.

mdsfx

Yessss! 7.2 miles in 63 minutes.

Finally gtting my "endurance" time down to sub 9-minutes per mile. I need to sign up for that half marathon to keep my motivation high. It can make such a huge difference in your training when you have some short term goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom