• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navi

Anyone ever tried putting Olive Oil in their shakes for extra calories? Did it yesterday and my shake was still good.

Leeness

Next week I am unable to go to a gym. I will do my normal core work outs and some body weight squats but other than that it will be only walking around. I am sure it isn't that big of a difference since I am mainly anyways doing light upper body work at the gym. When I come home I will sign to a new gym and continue from there. :)

How is your non-gym week going?

Awww, thanks dear!

I am doing constantly better though! I am so happy to be able to squat again (even with just a body weight) and the fact that I can lower my medication is also awesome. :D I have lost 4 pounds in the last couple days and I am sure it is mostly due to lowering the meds dosage. Ah, can't wait to get rid of it entirely.

That's so great! I'm so happy you're mending, safely, and getting off meds, etc. :)

I read the whole discussion about the topic. Don't stress about it. Seriously. Your weight varies a lot naturally, hormones, peeing, pooping, drinking and all that will alter it. You have nothing to worry. Stress is more harmful that couple pounds here or there. You will get to your goal, just focus on where you want to be and how to get there instead of panicing. You have already lost a significant amount of weight within a short period of time. Just take it easy and be proud of yourself.

Sooo...weight gain, massive insane mood swings? Surprise, week early period! Lol. I didn't think that would be the culprit because I still had like 7 pills on my BC, but there it is.

And I'm now under 150lbs and smilin'. :)

No, my happiness shouldn't be tied to weight loss, and I've been okay with not losing/little gains here and there, but I think the combination of PMS/3lbs+ gain in two days got me haha.

What do you by the way mean by paying huge amounts of money? What are you exactly paying for?

I'm on a "medically supervised" weight loss program. I pay for three visits a week, they weigh me, they check for ketosis, they go over food diaries, and I get B6/B12 shots. It's a lot of money, but I do find it definitely helps remove temptation to cheat when I think of the money lol. But it definitely works and I'm going to go on maintenance afterwards so I don't gain it all back haha.

And don't go to extremes with your food cuts! What you have been doing have worked great this far so no reason to change it.

I'm actually taking out fruit and crackers for a bit and just adding extra veggies, so I don't think it's too drastic. I look sadly at my bag of apples right now, but oh well. Haha.

The thing is that they believe they can do it - and they can.

And you can as well. Just have some faith... and time. :p

Yeah, I can. :) As long as I keep my PMS insanity in check lol.

0.2lbs off from 20lbs lost, y'all! :')

On wednesday, I deadlifted 375 for 8 reps! I finally broke that plateau I will now move up to 385 :D

Good stuff! Keep at it.

I am currently cooking a Slow Cooked Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken. Got the idea and how to via here. Anybody tried making this in the past? I will update on how it tastes once it is finished.

J. Bravo

I might do 315 instead of 310 for my 10 triples of deadlift today. It's only 5 pounds and deadlift has been pretty easy this cycle.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
On wednesday, I deadlifted 375 for 8 reps! I finally broke that plateau I will now move up to 385 :D
Holy cow Tater! I went back and looked at some PMs we exchanged and it was nearly 5 years ago! That's some eye opening stuff. You've come incredibly far and should be proud. I'm so glad you stuck with it. This man has lost over 100lbs guys and is now getting freakin strong!

rokkerkory

New PR on OHP today! WOOT! 150 LBS! (only 1 strict press rep tho)

11403142_10153351787188758_6849650686576301498_n.jpg

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Front squats went suprisingly well even with a fucked up lower back. 275/295/315x5, 315 with belt.

I think you need your eyes checked. The guy in that thread is clearly not Brolic. He doesn't have enough facial hair.

If one eats crumbs from Brolic's beard doth thou make gainz?

J. Bravo

yoo DEADlifts tho! 9x3 @ 315 1x10 @ 315....took a nearly 10 minute break to gather enough energy for curls after the last set. that was tough af.

Zoe

Sooo...weight gain, massive insane mood swings? Surprise, week early period! Lol. I didn't think that would be the culprit because I still had like 7 pills on my BC, but there it is.

You need to talk to your doctors if you're getting off schedule. Something in your treatments could be interfering with your BC and making it not work at all.

Leeness

You need to talk to your doctors if you're getting off schedule. Something in your treatments could be interfering with your BC and making it not work at all.

It's been off the last couple of months but I only use it for regulation/cramps anyway and not as actual BC lol. I think I may go off it after this month anyway.

But yeah, if I was using it for its intended purposes, then I would go talk to a doctor :)

mdsfx

"Progress" pic, or lack thereof. I've been losing fat around my legs, but damn the fat on the sides/back of my waist is stubborn. I feel like it would be the last to go. I have been working on shoulders though and I think I might be seeing some changes.

Sadetar

40 minutes on a crosstrainer and sweating puddles is DOING WORK for sure
Awwww. That made me feel a bit better. The crosstrainer showed that my heartrate (or what ever it is called) was constantly between 168-171. I was so dead after it. I did do some small lifting before that, but due to the back I am using totally baby weights so it really even worth of mentioning.

This may come out as really rude, but I don't mean it in that way... But seriously, the amount of eye candy... You look damn gorgeous. Absolutely fantastic job.

Yo fitGat!

Long time no post. Anywho I set a goal for my self way back when. I forget when, but I set a goal of 400 flat bench. Well today I'm glad to announce not only was I able to reach my goal I passed it today with 405! Mother f-ing beast mode right now!!!
Oooh. Congratulations!

Yin yin. Hurray!!!

I hit a new PR in power clean/OHP at 165 lbs.
You never fail to impress. Hip, hip hurray!

Ok, picture came out really crappy but i kinda prefer it that way, its so undetailed i can post it publically lol. This was right after i hit 355 on squat and was at max pumpage, felt terrific. 2nd pic is gym belt gainz, when i got the belt late last year (around nov/dec 2014), i could barely fit into the 3rd belt hole, now im using the 9th one all the time. Would love to lose some more and make this belt useless.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JlgrSW5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PFm0MPD.jpg[/img]
Damn Bish, you have been beasting. I bet your old mates don't even regognize you anymore. Truly amazing and inspirational!

:) thought i would show my support too
<3

How is your non-gym week going?

That's so great! I'm so happy you're mending, safely, and getting off meds, etc. :)

And I'm now under 150lbs and smilin'. :)

No, my happiness shouldn't be tied to weight loss, and I've been okay with not losing/little gains here and there, but I think the combination of PMS/3lbs+ gain in two days got me haha.

I'm on a "medically supervised" weight loss program. I pay for three visits a week, they weigh me, they check for ketosis, they go over food diaries, and I get B6/B12 shots. It's a lot of money, but I do find it definitely helps remove temptation to cheat when I think of the money lol. But it definitely works and I'm going to go on maintenance afterwards so I don't gain it all back haha.

I'm actually taking out fruit and crackers for a bit and just adding extra veggies, so I don't think it's too drastic. I look sadly at my bag of apples right now, but oh well. Haha.

Yeah, I can. :) As long as I keep my PMS insanity in check lol.

0.2lbs off from 20lbs lost, y'all! :')
Oh my non-gym week wont' be until the following week. This week I have been hitting the gym like a good girl. :D

At the moment I am maintaining my intake with the meds since there is some small symtoms back and I will call about them on Monday and see what they think. We will see will I need to get the dosage back up, but I hope I can just take the meds down for good as soon as possible.

Good for you for finding an explanation for the weight gain - even if 3 pounds is nothing in my books. Also great weight loss this far! Fantastic job! If you think the supervising is helping you, go for it. Like you already know there isn't any quick fixes so it is good that you are already thinking about maintaining the weight. Hahah, I am a bit jealous, you are already way under my goal weight. Good for you! How low are you planning to go?

Holy cow Tater! I went back and looked at some PMs we exchanged and it was nearly 5 years ago! That's some eye opening stuff. You've come incredibly far and should be proud. I'm so glad you stuck with it. This man has lost over 100lbs guys and is now getting freakin strong!
Bloody hell! I demand pics! Nothing is better than a proper set of comparison photos. :D

"Progress" pic, or lack thereof. I've been losing fat around my legs, but damn the fat on the sides/back of my waist is stubborn. I feel like it would be the last to go. I have been working on shoulders though and I think I might be seeing some changes.
You do look really, really good.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You guys crack me up.

Gym is cleaned out, industrial fan bought, horse stall mats put in, everything is ready to go for this rack to get here. Now just waiting.

BumRush

I don't think you have much fat to lose dude. You look great. That's got to be 7-8% BF right there...super impressive.

Cooter

I don't think you have much fat to lose dude. You look great. That's got to be 7-8% BF right there...super impressive.
I know. The guy talks like he's at least 4 or 5 percent higher than he is.

Looking good mdsfx!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, how do you guys survive on keto? I've been on it for only 2 days but damn. I'm doing IF alongside it and without carbs I get wicked headaches and hunger like I've never felt before. What sort of snacks do you guys use to help with this? I assume something with a lot of fat to curb the hunger.

Man, how do you guys survive on keto? I've been on it for only 2 days but damn. I'm doing IF alongside it and without carbs I get wicked headaches and hunger like I've never felt before. What sort of snacks do you guys use to help with this? I assume something with a lot of fat to curb the hunger.

Almonds, Broccoli, Quest Bars, Eggs

I am not on Keto myself but I eat pretty low carbs.

Cooter

Personally, snacking just increases my hunger. Fight through with water and sheer willpower. After 4 or 5 days your body should adapt and things should get easier. I can't speak for KETO however. I keep my carbs below 100gs but I've never tried KETO.

mdsfx

I up the fat and protein to about 80g and 160+g per day respectively.

I was borderline keto though since I was still having a cup of Greek yogurt and a serving our two of peanut butter each day.

Greek yogurt is such a perfect snack. 1 whole cup is only 120 calories with 20+g protein and pretty filling. Unfortunately it comes with about 10g carbs.

ILoveBish

It gets easier. Also, you might be low on electrolytes. Drink some broth.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
My strength has started to mellow out a bit as I continue cutting, but still making progress. I hit 196 the other day.

I had my first real cheat/binge in over 5 weeks today. I wanted to celebrate being able to get married with a bang. Went out, had a good time, alcohol, pizza, friends, dancing. It was worth it.

Cooter

My strength has started to mellow out a bit as I continue cutting, but still making progress. I hit 196 the other day.

I had my first real cheat/binge in over 5 weeks today. I wanted to celebrate being able to get married with a bang. Went out, had a good time, alcohol, pizza, friends, dancing. It was worth it.
It happens to us all. 196 now hmm? Can't wait to see this! Congrats btw. Historic times indeed.

That was funny, woke up and stretched / flexed this morning and the missus was like "holy shit your arms are huge". They're not, but it was cool to hear. :)

Azulsky

Gym buddy had me deload to 2/3 of my working set on squat and do what he called explosive reps, or just as fast as possible on the concentric half.

That burn is so good right now. I am afraid if I go to the toilet I wont be able to get up.

Gym buddy had me deload to 2/3 of my working set on squat and do what he called explosive reps, or just as fast as possible on the concentric half.

That burn is so good right now. I am afraid if I go to the toilet I wont be able to get up.
At least you can get down lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey RoeBear - stop kicking so much ass in Spelunky, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom