• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Mighty impressive, kudos to you and your hard work sir!!!

I have a question for you guys, can you do HIIT while fasting?, doesn't eat into your muscles for fuel?, thanks in advance!

Yes it's fine.

But everyone is different. Listen to your body.

Muscle catabolism is actually really hard to do. It's one of these broscience myths.

HIIT is actually anabolic since it's highly anaerobic.

Look at sprinters. Jacked as fuck.

ILoveBish

Cooter, you look stunning man. Really showing what putting in work does. Even tho we all joke about your genetics, you do us all proud.

Brolics sets made scared.

sphinx

the piano man
that's as good as it gets regarding Before/after shots in this thread Cooter.

you are Beach-Body ready.

I am on my way too :) and you are an inspiration.

You know what's funny? I do zero dedicated ab work.

yeah in my case abs are starting to appear at night and I am not really trying with the core work at the gym.

let's see what I achieve in August.

will probably post a B/A if I have a very visible six (4?) pack or definition or something worth showing.

Szu

Keep it up, sphinx. I'll meet Cooter and you at the beach at some point.

Will plan for a new PR in power clean/press tonight. I'll try for another vid.

I'm also checking in this morning at 180.8. I'm down a lbs from yesterday.

Yip yip.

mdsfx

Feck... What the hell am I doing. Taking on off day somewhat to let the legs recover so I started doing isolated shoulders, biceps, abs, and anything I thought was lacking just for kicks.

Problem is I got here early and I've already done 45 sets. Sweating like a pig and shoulders are on fire! 15 more sets to go I guess? Lol

sphinx

the piano man
Keep it up, sphinx. I'll meet Cooter and you at the beach at some point.

Will plan for a new PR in power clean/press tonight. I'll try for another vid.

I'm also checking in this morning at 180.8. I'm down a lbs from yesterday.

Yip yip.

congrats on your PR's Szu :) (those you mentioned in the last page and those you'll achieve tonight! you've got this!)

cutting is proving to be a real challenge regarding discipline and focus but will keep it up. I can stop at any point, plus nothing happens overnight. I'll enjoy the ride.

I love when the thread moves towards a philosophy, it seems to be in beachbody/Cut mode at the moment. Cooter and Ilovebish giving damn fine examples of progress.

can't wait to post my bulking meals in November, they'll probably give MTP's a run for their money lol

Hmm. Was just looking at the last couple of weeks of calorie data and I've screwed up my intake because of all the travelling and events. Is back on track, but I don't think I did myself any favours.

Jumped by somewhere around 250kcal a day. Which, although not a massive amount, certainly stalled my weight loss.

BumRush

Feck... What the hell am I doing. Taking on off day somewhat to let the legs recover so I started doing isolated shoulders, biceps, abs, and anything I thought was lacking just for kicks.

Problem is I got here early and I've already done 45 sets. Sweating like a pig and shoulders are on fire! 15 more sets to go I guess? Lol

60 sets? Why? lol you're nuts sometimes. 60 sets of anything would take me 2+ hours, minimum.

Szu

60 sets? Why? lol you're nuts sometimes. 60 sets of anything would take me 2+ hours, minimum.

Well, let's do the math.

He's working on shoulders, biceps, abs, and misc.

Let's assume that he's doing 3 exercises per region. And let's assume that he's doing 4 sets of everything.

That's going to look something like this:

4 regions x 3 exercises x 4 sets + whatever else is missing just for kicks = What is this insanity!!!????

mdsfx

Bc I'm an idiot. It might even be counter productive, but it was a fun challenge to do in 60 minutes. I was super setting shoulders, biceps, and abs. Kind of random I guess, but they were areas I thought are lacking. More of a cardio workout though (at least that's what it felt like).

BumRush

Well, let's do the math.

He's working on shoulders, biceps, abs, and misc.

Let's assume that he's doing 3 exercises per region. And let's assume that he's doing 4 sets of everything.

That's going to look something like this:

4 regions x 3 exercises x 4 sets + whatever else is missing just for kicks = What is this insanity!!!????

Haha I rode the bike for 15 minutes today and did 5 sets of bench, 5 sets of should press, 3 sets of incline db pause press and 3 sets of upright rows and I felt like I DID WORK.

BumRush

Bc I'm an idiot. It might even be counter productive, but it was a fun challenge to do in 60 minutes. I was super setting shoulders, biceps, and abs. Kind of random I guess, but they were areas I thought are lacking. More of a cardio workout though (at least that's what it felt like).

Ohhhhh, like a circuit. Not as crazy as I thought. Still crazy for the average human, but you're in way better shape than the average human.

Szu

Were you doing Euro Training?
euro-training-o.gif

Navi

In order to grow a pound or two a week at 173.. how much calories should I be taken in? I really wanna aim for 2lbs a week though lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
4k a day can be a struggle if you go semi-clean. Treat it like a cut and count calories. That helped me.

___

Alright, I bumped my calories up to 2500 yesterday. Let's see where I go from the 179.4 I weighed yesterday. Will report back when I weigh myself under the same conditions after work. I'm curious.

BumRush

4k a day can be a struggle if you go semi-clean. Treat it like a cut and count calories. That helped me.

___

Alright, I bumped my calories up to 2500 yesterday. Let's see where I go from the 179.4 I weighed yesterday. Will report back when I weigh myself under the same conditions after work. I'm curious.

2500 clean? That's a decent amount of food in a short window!

Cooter

Oh man, my wife made some simple, no-bake, peanut butter oatmeal bars with a little agave nectar this week. So hard to keep away from them. I love peanut butter!
64gs of PB and 40gs of strawberry preserves in a bowl. 500 calories. Done!

Cooter

Not entirely convinced I'd describe that as clean. Tasty, probably. Clean? No.
Sure it is. The preserves are straight sugar but we're only talking like 25gs. The PB is clean in my book.

EDIT: It's semi-clean. I'll give you that. ;) Sugar in small amounts won't set you back.

Yeah, the preserves were sort of the point... but hell, can't argue with results.

(Some peanut butter is shit too, and sadly it's the only sort I enjoy.)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, reading more and more about Keto makes me really want to try it out. Bread, rice, pasta have always been such staples of my diet it's gonna be interesting to see how cutting them out will affect me.

ILoveBish

Still just eating whatever, rough guess is around 3k a day, just giving my body a diet break. I am really tired of not fasting. I miss it. But my body really needs some time off. I was going to be back to cutting Monday but I may extend it till the week after. I'll have to see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom