• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Decided to cave and buy smaller jeans. My 38s were like jumbo sweat pants and when I put my belt on the jean button hung a few inches below the belt buckle lol.

BumRush

Decided to cave and buy smaller jeans. My 38s were like jumbo sweat pants and when I put my belt on the jean button hung a few inches below the belt buckle lol.

Very nice! Great feeling right? (Well not for your wallet).

On a business trip and still managed full workouts and eating well both days...real proud.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

I had to get all of my suits tailored this year. It's expensive, but a nice feeling to see the difference between the clothes that used to fit you and now.

Nice. I recently updated my closet to size 30 pants and jeans and more slim fit shirts. Hopefully I don't drop more sizes as I continue reducing my body fat because size 30 is already difficult to find in stores. The belt rests fine on my hip bones now, so I don't think my waist size will decrease much further.

Yup. =/

Properly envious of the resources young guys have available to them now.

Sometimes I think that even with all the resources in the world I wouldn't have done much different. I simply was not interested in exercise during my teenage years and when I started I wasn't in the mind to try low volume training or even do legs because it looks scary and dangerous. It's more a matter of maturity than knowledge, I think

BumRush

Sometimes I think that even with all the resources in the world I wouldn't have done much different. I simply was not interested in exercise during my teenage years and when I started I wasn't in the mind to try low volume training or even do legs because it looks scary and dangerous. It's more a matter of maturity than knowledge, I think

I agree. And when I ate shitty or drank, I looked "good enough" (in my mind) so I didn't need to do anything more than play sports. I look 100X better at 32 than I did at 18.

I read everything I could, and if I'm honest I cared more about perfect form in those days than I do now. Problem was, the best I had were things like Mens Fitness and their ever rotating cycle of bullshit "get ripped quick" guides. There may well have been more available to me via the internet, but the sites I found were very intimidating, and clearly aimed at competitive level lifters who spent their life in the gym.

...and sadly, I looked a ton better at my peak then (even with the shit advice) than I do now. Age catches up to us all eventually, but I'm still trying.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
To be 20 again and know what you know NOW about lifting...

24 now and I wish I started seriously lifting when I was 16 years old. I was going to the gym but only for cardio since the weights seriously intimidated me at that age.

SfxpPTs.png

I love my heavy days

Not sure if this is the rigth thread, but I figured you guys would know better than anyone.

I think I was in the minority here in the US who really liked Novo Protein Bites. Unfortunately, they only seem to be available in Europe now and I can't find a store that ships them to the US.

Anyone know of a healthy protein snack that isn't a bar, rather resembles chips, that are available in the US and taste good?

Bowser

Not sure if this is the rigth thread, but I figured you guys would know better than anyone.

I think I was in the minority here in the US who really liked Novo Protein Bites. Unfortunately, they only seem to be available in Europe now and I can't find a store that ships them to the US.

Anyone know of a healthy protein snack that isn't a bar, rather resembles chips, that are available in the US and taste good?

Quest protein chips? The BBQ isn't bad: http://www.questnutrition.com/quest...1T3yF0_CdDd9HBkgyrSixyUmK62pfrP5b4aAqx58P8HAQ

Macros are 5g C/2g F/21g P

ILoveBish

Cutting for long periods is difficult, but you do it because you want results. From now on, I'm going to do 5-6 weeks cutting, 4-5 days at maintenance or close to it, then back to cutting. Just going to get more fat in with stuff like low carb peanut butter cheese cakes.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hey look, it's Cooter's hammer!!
lol!

___

Sidenote. I'm up at Squaw Valley (a semi-famous ski resort in Tahoe) and they are having a yoga festival these next few days. At first listen that sounds awesome but I'm not so sure anymore. Yoga pants can only help some people so much if you catch my drift.

mdsfx

I'm having a hard time juggling lifting and running training. I'm trying NOT to eliminate cardio most of the week. I did it this week and I seem OK, but legs are kinda sore as expected. Is this sustainable? I'm trying to eliminate one more cycling day to give the legs a break. I need another form of cardio.

jhYebKH.png

BumRush

I'm having a hard time juggling lifting and running training. I'm trying NOT to eliminate cardio most of the week. I did it this week and I seem OK, but legs are kinda sore as expected. Is this sustainable? I'm trying to eliminate one more cycling day to give the legs a break. I need another form of cardio.

jhYebKH.png

Superset more and add mountain climbers and burpees to all of your workouts

3phemeral

So I got on the weight scale last night and weighed it at 174.6. Wasn't able to copy down the bf% stats fast enough as the screen went to sleep so I went on it again and lost my balance midway through it calculating my weight and it measured 170.6. Definitely miscalculation from that stumble, so I checked again:

And again.

Only thing I could think of was that I messed up the scale during that stumble. So I went to the gym and used their scale....

I've officially lost about 9 lbs since starting IF a few weeks ago (with that 8-day vacation where I couldn't adhere to it). AND while still maintaining or increasing my strength goals. I still hover at an estimated 22% BF but I can't imagine what % I was when I first started seriously focusing on working out a few months ago. So excite. I also took advantage of that Amazon deal and bought a 5lb barrel of ON Whey which some extras to get that 25$ gift card.

Szu

lol!

___

Sidenote. I'm up at Squaw Valley (a semi-famous ski resort in Tahoe) and they are having a yoga festival these next few days. At first listen that sounds awesome but I'm not so sure anymore. Yoga pants can only help some people so much if you catch my drift.

I expect this will be your reaction as you survey the event.

snu_snu.gif

Bowser

Am I the only one that stops giving a crap about macros and adhering to my plan when sick? I just end up wanting comfort food. For lunch today I had chicken noodle soup, a piece of bread, and a chocolate chip cookie haha.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Giving your body what it wants when you're sick is generally a good idea. Only rarely does it make sense to starve your body when you're ill.

Though I'd recommend topping up with nutrient rich foods as well as comfort crap. :)

Bowser

Giving your body what it wants when you're sick is generally a good idea. Only rarely does it make sense to starve your body when you're ill.

Though I'd recommend topping up with nutrient rich foods as well as comfort crap. :)

Oh yeah, I generally still try to eat healthy and at least hit my protein targets. But I stop stressing out about how much carbs I'm eating etc (hence the bread and cookie) :)

ILoveBish

Great day at the gym. 5x150, 5x175, 5x200 on bench nice and clean. Glad I deloaded. Hit all reps and all accessories. Back down to 230.6 this morning, but I seriously look a heck of a lot leaner then that number says. When I tighten up my stomach I can feel all my abs one by one perfectly. It's so close.

Bleh. Two hours on the turbo trainer and I'm far more tired than I normally would be. I'd have thought after the amount I ate last night I would have felt pretty good today, but apparently not.

ILoveBish

And that's it, done eating till 2pm Sunday.

Do you guys buy your chicken breast in bulk from the freezer section or buy the fresh chicken and cook them all at once?

I buy fresh in bulk, cook it all at once portion controlled, then freeze. Freezing twice makes it much less pleasurable.

I just buy Costco brand frozen chicken breasts.

Thats what I've been doing but I'm starting to feel like the fresh are better quality. And I don't have to worry about cooking them before they go bad. But I think I'm going to try and get more organized with my meals and do a huge cook on Sunday for the entire week.

I buy fresh in bulk, cook it all at once portion controlled, then freeze. Freezing twice makes it much less pleasurable.

How much chicken do you eat in a meal?

3phemeral

Has anyone tried using powdered milk for protein shakes? Seems like a good idea for storing premixed servings and just adding water and ice to blend. As the only lactose tolerant person in the house, I'm never able to take advantage of any decent milk discounts because I never finish it by the excoriation date. Seems like a good way to speed things up and save money, even if minimal.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Looks at day and time.... shakes head. You're insane Bish!

ILoveBish

Looks at day and time.... shakes head. You're insane Bish!

This is for science!

Whoa, what the hell did I miss? I thought you ate at least once a day? What is this craziness?

Bish eats his annual calories on Christmas.

First 72 hour fast.

Just stay out of his way on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Last time when I went 35 hours, I was in a terrific mood. I don't get hungry, so I'm never bothered. Plus its evo weekend baby. Stream monster time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom