• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

I think I can start posting here.

It's sad those sort of comments pop up here (by normal posters) every-time the issue of body image come up. people employ some really fucked up mental gymnastic to make themselves feel better.

Edit: Noted.

I don't follow? I see nothing wrong with the criticism. If that is what you are trying to say anyway.

BumRush

I think I can start posting here.

It's sad those sort of comments pop up here (by normal posters) every-time the issue of body image come up. people employ some really fucked up mental gymnastic to make themselves feel better.

Edit: Noted.

You'll find FitGAF (and Cooter especially) to be an incredibly motivating yet honest place.

In my 4-5 years here, I cannot remember an issue of body shaming AT ALL (unless it's FE's bulgepics and that's probably just jealousy).

I don't post here because I enjoy writing about fitness, I do so because this place and the honest critique has motivated me to achieve my fitness goals and I hope to do the same for others.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
There's nothing to forgive.

Still fun times.
It's not something I would say now and it came off a little mean. That being said, your arms do take people out of their comfort zone. They're difficult to comprehend.

I see comments like this and the one titled a lot here on Gaf, people trying to put others down, just because they are trying to improve/take care of themselves.

ehhh

I know what you are talking about and while that does exist, the stuff in this thread is positive criticism. I honestly see nothing wrong with what Cooter said or people who have said similar. There was no malicious intent.

I want people to call me out on my shit or weak body parts. If something looks weird, I want to know.

Szu

It's not something I would say now and it came off a little mean. That being said, your arms do take people out of their comfort zone. They're difficult to comprehend.

At the same time, what you said was true.

And one of these days, I might actually have a chest and back that I can be proud of. :p

ehhh

I know what you are talking about and while that does exist, the stuff in this thread is positive criticism. I honestly see nothing wrong with what Cooter said or people who have said similar. There was no malicious intent.

I want people to call me out on my shit or weak body parts. If something looks weird, I want to know.

Yeah I am kind of sensitive about those stuff, maybe I'm just making assumptions in this case.

BumRush

At the same time, what you said was true.

And one of these days, I might actually have a chest and back that I can be proud of. :p

I imagine at this stage, your chest takes a break when you bench since your triceps can pretty much handle anything themselves

Oh thank god, we dodged a bullet guys.

Don't know what you mean.

skeletorqfzco.jpg

Edit - Related... my calves are bigger than my arms. I'm assuming that's probably not the norm. lol

negitoro7

Struggled for years with regular pull-ups, and had no delusions of ever being able to do even one single wide-grip one. Been going beastmode in my training these last 4 months and just found out yesterday I can now do 4 consecutive wide-grip ones. Feels so good.

muscle-ups by next summer.

BumRush

Struggled for years with regular pull-ups, and had no delusions of ever being able to do even one single wide-grip one. Been going beastmode in my training these last 4 months and just found out yesterday I can now do 4 consecutive wide-grip ones. Feels so good.

muscle-ups by next summer.

Attaboy! Nice work.

alternade

How fucked up am I going to get constantly drinking whey with lactose while being lactose intolerant? My stomach is doing flips right now.

Any suggestions for decent lactose free protein?

BumRush

How fucked up am I going to get constantly drinking whey with lactose while being lactose intolerant? My stomach is doing flips right now.

Poultry, beef, pork and seafood really does have all the protein you need. Shakes are nice, but not necessary.

Look at the ingredients. Especially for lactase. That should help you with digestive problems with milk-based protein products. Otherwise you can look towards plant/soy/egg protein powders.

not like M1nion but I did get 1x3 @ 290 on flat bench, third rep was struggle

Yeah I am kind of sensitive about those stuff, maybe I'm just making assumptions in this case.

I gotcha. There is no ill will, but if a body part is lagging, we'll tell you. Goals and all that.

#TeamNoCalves here

18" arms
16" calves

:X

18.5" arms
17" calves

I think your calves are suppose to be the same size as your arms or otherwise, you have an imbalance.

hard times, daddah

alternade

Poultry, beef, pork and seafood really does have all the protein you need. Shakes are nice, but not necessary.

I just don't see how else to get to 280g protein a day without them :( I usually only take them after workout but thats right before bed and I wake up with a shitty ass.

Definitely going to look into egg or plant variety

BumRush

I just don't see how else to get to 280g protein a day without them :( I usually only take them after workout but thats right before bed and I wake up with a shitty ass.

Definitely going to look into egg or plant variety

How much do you weigh? You only need between 0.8 / 1.0 grams per pound of bodyfat. Anything over that is overkill (for the most part)

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
not like M1nion but I did get 1x3 @ 290 on flat bench, third rep was struggle

I gotcha. There is no ill will, but if a body part is lagging, we'll tell you. Goals and all that.

18.5" arms
17" calves

I think your calves are suppose to be the same size as your arms or otherwise, you have an imbalance.

hard times, daddah

You're a mass monster.

Small calves make my legs look bigger, think they're still around 28". I'm 205 right now and don't want any of it going to my calves, if they could be smaller they would be. All mass to the ass!

I even caught two IFBB pros, male and female, mirin my ass a while back.

You're a mass monster.

Small calves make my legs look bigger, think they're still around 28". I'm 205 right now and don't want any of it going to my calves, if they could be smaller they would be. All mass to the ass!

I even caught two IFBB pros, male and female, mirin my ass a while back.

i'm also 6'2 so they still look small, 235 lbs or so

ain't that impressive :p

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Oh you guys want funky muscle size comparisons? My forearms and calves are the same size. 14.5"

Top Bottom