• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm really glad that the east coast was spared. All my family is down near Miami/Fort Lauderdale and I was really worried.
The power is out where I am- cellphone service is still fine, obvs- and I notice one of the little gazebos collapsed in the backyard, but I'm fine otherwise.

The west coast, though... I don't want to see the inevitable images of it looking like a wasteland.

chicken strip sub from publix=GOAT haven't had one in forever though
I prefer the Italian subs. With Boars Head meat, the store brand stuff is meh.

Gamerman1

It's starting to really go at it here in Tampa, and we're prob only half way to full intensity. Stay safe Tampa GAF.

Gusts have picked up here in East Lake road area of New Port Richey. Rain inst heavy just light but it hasn't stopped in a couple hours. Watching the wetlands water near house like a hawk every hour.

sinkfla87

This flooding in Miami looks terrible. :(

This thread should be renamed: "Downplaying disasters, Tropical Storm Brian's Love Connection, and Publix Subs appreciation thread."

The power is out where I am- cellphone service is still fine, obvs- and I notice one of the little gazebos collapsed in the backyard, but I'm fine otherwise.

The west coast, though... I don't want to see the inevitable images of it looking like a wasteland.

I prefer the Italian subs. With Boars Head meat, the store brand stuff is meh.

yeah the boars head stuff is really good, what sucks tho is i can only get it when i'm in florida, all of the winn-dxies and the like out here in louisiana stopped carrying it.

sinkfla87

Dude what the fuck, are you posting people's real life pics for real without permission? That's pretty shitty if so.

EDIT: Please note I have avatars off so I dunno if this is someone's avatar >.>

What? No lol. It's a media casters public Twitter picture.

Goddamn, that's such a good Photoshop that the GAF browser window must look real lol.

Sami+

Hopefully if it's a Cat 2 now it'll drop down to 1 by the time it hits Tallahassee... :/ My dad decided to stay home and I'm anxious about him and the house.

Link

The Autumn Wind
My neighbor texted me to let me know the power went out at my place around 2pm. Looks like it's still out according to FPL. I'll be at the hospital until at least tomorrow evening, so hopefully, it can get sorted out by then. Probably not, but I can dream.

Did the reporters make it to Key West yet?
They said they were on the way from Key Largo like over 2 hours ago and MSNBC I don't think has mentioned them again.

GodofWine

I have stop watching coverage, my tv is getting some longer than usual burn in from twc and cnns graphics. Wish they would move then from left to right or change them around some ways now and then

Wind is picking up here in East Pasco. Power has been flickering causing cable to reset few times. This maybe last post using my PC in awhile as I feel power is about to go with in the hour.

Briarios

Oh crap, I just stress ate my whole candy supply! Ok, I only remember to but one thing of candy, but still -- I'm out until things open on Tuesday.

On a more serious side, trees are going nuts. I'm surprised I still have power.

Ponn

Banned
Haven't heard from my sis in like 5 hours. In Jax here it's been raining all day with some strong gusts. Some places in OP losing power and looks like Black Creek is already flooding. We already have some standing water that's creeping to the porch making me nervous. We still hours of this till at least tomorrow morning. Anyone have advice on emergency plugging door gaps if water rises too high? I have a sliding glass door and one front door. Towels wouldn't work I don't think, I have duck tape?

Thankfully power stayed on so I could make sloppy joes.

brerwolfe

One flicker so far in Clermont.
We live just south of Minnehaha and had power drop out for about 15 minutes. Lost a couple young neighborhood trees, nothing huge.

Super windy and now we have tornado warnings. I don't feel unsafe though. Our house is basically a fortress.

Top Bottom