• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

maaaaaaaaaaaan anyone else here for andrew would know why publix talk is pretty much central to hurricane shit, haha

I come from a family that all the men of my mother's generation worked for Publix. We even got the green stamps back in the day. Got my first bike from green stamps!

Publix has supplied every hurricane I've ever been through. Andrew included.

witness

Is this actually going to hit Florida directly? I'm looking at the trajectory and it seems like a longshot

Hope everyone in its path keeps safe

This is the problem Boss, we don't know so people like me in Orlando don't know where the fuck to go and when. I'm worried that it'll be too late to leave by that point.

Edit: Publix is amazing, my dad visited here a few years ago and still talks about how much he loves that place lol

IrishNinja

I'll pray for your intellect if that is what you were interpreted

you gotta send thoughts with the prayers too

I come from a family that all the men of my mother's generation worked for Publix. We even got the green stamps back in the day. Got my first bike from green stamps!

Publix has supplied every hurricane I've ever been through. Andrew included.

oh my god i was just telling my girl about the green stamps from when i was a kid, haha...i think we had lawn furniture from them

that's awesome. i wish they still had an actual restaurant on US1 not far from the falls, that shit's been gone since the 90s but it was so good i still miss it

I fucking LOVE talking about Publix.

Fried chicken and their subs are goat.

And their donuts and pie.

and their Raspberry iced tea.

It's honestly the best thing about Florida.

Lnkn52

So I'm guessing based off this thread right now, Florida is out of the cone of catastrophe and in the cone of chicken.

😂

IrishNinja

man it's been a minute since i fucked with one of their hot plates, long as shit's not been out too long it's great

also pretty much anything publix brand is surprisingly legit, ive found over the years

IrishNinja

We ain't gonna have any publix after this storm is through.

for real, the one down in old cutler town center was smart after andrew: people were looting/getting food and such, and they brought in a few employees to give away water, perishables & the like instead

never forgot that

Hey Neighbors! Off of Falkenburg and 301 here. Not to worried about flooding although we're close to the gulf. More worried about wind damage.

I used to live around this area as well. Near Public I'm guessing? I now stay right off of falkenburg in the neighborhoods behind the Pavilion. Damn, we deep.

Valhelm

contribute something
if you're stocking make sure to get subs with oil because mayo won't keep in the heat

I ate a tendie sub on the beach last year and I fucking died

Ponn

Banned
Sigh, Publix. There's one right down the street from me. Think I'll check it out tomorrow.

I was gonna run in there tomorrow to check for water, they have spring water on sale for 2.99 a 24 pack, and the bogos this week are Ball Park hot dogs, lays chips and chunky soup for those wondering. All perfect for Hurricane supplies. I got myself hungry for wings now so i'm going to have get some tomorrow now dammnit!

I also need to check if they got their Pumpkin Pie ice cream stocked yet for the fall.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Publix subs are legit but their beer selection is awful. I have to drive down the street from them to Win Dixie to pick up my beer. Which is the only reason to ever step foot into a Win Dixie.

III-V

Is this actually going to hit Florida directly? I'm looking at the trajectory and it seems like a longshot

Hope everyone in its path keeps safe

a longshot to hit Florida, huh? Take it your not a betting man.

MdkNUgv.png

you gotta send thoughts with the prayers too

oh my god i was just telling my girl about the green stamps from when i was a kid, haha...i think we had lawn furniture from them

that's awesome. i wish they still had an actual restaurant on US1 not far from the falls, that shit's been gone since the 90s but it was so good i still miss it

I never knew about the restaurant. Now I want to know more about it. Publix and Enteman's Bakery stores were some of the best memories of childhood, for me.

Odinson

I used to live around this area as well. Near Public I'm guessing? I now stay right off of falkenburg in the neighborhoods behind the Pavilion. Damn, we deep.

Yea not to far from the Publix and Starbucks in Pavilion. Close to Providence. Who knew so many Gaffers lived in Brandon... lol

Went to Target on Bloomingdale and the shelves were bare. Managed to get some can food, chips, and some batteries.

BahamutX83

Neo Member
Costco, WalMart, Publix, Winn Dixie... all out of water right now. Really not looking forward to this...And Tallahassee is the least hurricane-prepared city in the half dozen or so large FL cities I've lived in.

I can confirm Marianna is out of water too. I had 3 different Walmart employees mention they sold out of it twice today. A fellow customer said he couldn't find any in Panama City (while he was purchasing over $500 worth of supplies!) Big Lots was swamped with people; the poor cashier was constantly answering the phone for people asking for water.

Also, can PublixGAF grab me a cheesecake? Soooo good. Stupid 1 hour drive.

IrishNinja

ITS OFFICIAL Y'ALL

I never knew about the restaurant. Now I want to know more about it. Publix and Enteman's Bakery stores were some of the best memories of childhood, for me.

we'd go after mass on sundays, it was like a really dope denny's where id be torn between pancakes, eggs & bacon or a burger and fries; you couldn't go wrong there. i'd put their pancakes over IHOP back then too

Yea not to far from the Publix and Starbucks in Pavilion. Close to Providence. Who knew so many Gaffers lived in Brandon... lol

Went to Target on Bloomingdale and the shelves were bare. Managed to get some can food, chips, and some batteries.

Go to that Starbucks every morning on the way to the highway. Winthrop Publix is the Brandon GOAT store though

Spent about 4 hours driving around looking for a generator and gas cans... After looking in person and online, everywhere in a 100 mile radius is sold out. :(

Voror

My grandmother, Cousin and her family are all in Winter Park. Grandmother was freaking out but I guess all the flights are gone by now. I guess they already have things like a generator, though I don't know how bad they are area wise.

Spent about 4 hours driving around looking for a generator and gas cans... After looking in person and online, everywhere in a 100 mile radius is sold out. :(

Yeah, that's my only fear about evacuating. I have no gas cans. Or plywood. Which is a good reason to leave. Man, I miss having a stocked garage

sinkfla87

All these fools loading up on cases of water pfft. I've got the tap going on a slow drip into gas cans while stockpiling Publix subs in an ice chest. Even better is when the ice melts, I'll have even more water!!!

In all seriousness though, it's like fucking Mad Max over here. Empty shelves galore.

Top Bottom