• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Kusagari

Prime Minister of Barbuda on the damage:

Total devastation. Barbuda right now is literally rubble. ... This is not hyperbole. ... We never really anticipated this kind of damage. The funds and financial assistance we have established and set aside absolutely pale.

Linkura

I dunno, Hurricane Homework would be funny if it were just another hurricane, and not the worst hurricane ever. But maybe I'm just being too serious.

Can't leave out the Palmetto Bugs and Snakes.

They're Cat-6 rated

images.jpg

So looking down the twitter sourced above. I found a picture citing a hurricane Katia. This hurricanee formed in the gulf and will head over Mexico. How often does this type of storm happen. Also With Harvey having just been in the gulf shouldn't the temperatures of the water be lowered. How did a hurricane form there so soon after?

Article on Hurricane Katia

So looking down the twitter sourced above. I found a picture citing a hurricane Katia. This hurricanee formed in the gulf and will head over Mexico. How often does this type of storm happen. Also With Harvey having just been in the gulf shouldn't the temperatures of the water be lowered. How did a hurricane form there so soon after?

Article on Hurricane Katia

I believe this is the first time 3 hurricanes will have been active in the atlantic/gulf at the same time.

Good news, I got a hold of my mother in St. Thomas and she's fine.

I was a nervous wreck these past few hours. Constantly calling for hours and finally got through.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Checking in. Still living in Jupiter.

The models show Irma heading east enough for the winds to barely touch us, but some folks think it'll be a direct hit on Mar-A-Lago? If it's the latter, we're screwed.

sflufan

Banned
Checking in. Still living in Jupiter.

The models show Irma heading east enough for the winds to barely touch us, but some folks think it'll be a direct hit on Mar-A-Lago? If it's the latter, we're screwed.

What models could you possibly be looking at that indicated that Jupiter which is right on Florida's east coast will "barely" be touched by the winds?!?

Just to reinforce how strong a cat 5 is, here is a picture from Barbuda:

DJExAzEVoAARWsC.jpg

That was a reinforced steel cell phone tower...and Irma took her down like she's Godzilla.

Ottaro

I wonder if one day scientist will find a way to stop/debilitate hurricanes.

"There are things you can't fight, acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when you're in a Jaeger, suddenly, you can fight the hurricane. You can win."

We need Charlie Hunnam, stat.

SomTervo

Wasn't really going to bring it up but the lead dev of Organ Quarter (VR horror game) who I've been working with closely for a year is in delray beach. Him and the composer are stuck there shuttered in their concrete house.

I'm worried.

Wasn't really going to bring it up but the lead dev of Organ Quarter (VR horror game) who I've been working with closely for a year is in delray beach. Him and the composer are stuck there shuttered in their concrete house.

I'm worried.

Concrete? They should be fine. I don't remember if that's super near the coast though.

Top Bottom