• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

AS we get closer to the storm, reminder to bring patio furniture and stuff inside, too. Don't leave anything that could be used as a blunt instrument. So toys like baseball bats, or soccer goals, or Publix subs -- all that needs to be stowed away.

Lkr

AS we get closer to the storm, reminder to bring patio furniture and stuff inside, too. Don't leave anything that could be used as a blunt instrument. So toys like baseball bats, or soccer goals, or Publix subs -- all that needs to be stowed away.
Does it have to come in if it's under a screened in porch?

And the second sheet is clearly so we can all be marked for the purge

devilhawk

As of earlier today Euro tracking has been on point

screenshot_216.png
The Euro is looking a bit too far south now. Hope that continues to be the case as it might shift it more east. .

Does it have to come in if it's under a screened in porch?

And the second sheet is clearly so we can all be marked for the purge

Yes. Your screened in porch could just be taken out of the ground. If you have a pool, I've HEARD you can toss stuff into the pool and it'll be relatively inert, but I would not count on it. Your carpet can be replaced.

TURBO1112

I have sliding glass doors that are next to living. I am a bit worried about them Whats the best thing to do with them. Im near Tampa

jf DOOM

Been in Florida for 8 years but this is my first hurricane. I'm in Lakeland so hopefully we won't be hit super hard. We have plenty of water and food, so we're going to ride it out. Was thinking about heading to my sisters in Nashville but at this point I'd rather be in our apartment then stuck on the expressway somewhere.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I have sliding glass doors that are next to living. I am a bit worried about them Whats the best thing to do with them. Im near Tampa

With any glass you can put tape on it to prevent shards from flying. Additionally if you feel as though the door might blow open, you can put a rod (shower rod is most common) inbetween it and the frame to prevent it from opening.

Been in Florida for 8 years but this is my first hurricane. I'm in Lakeland so hopefully we won't be hit super hard. We have plenty of water and food, so we're going to ride it out. Was thinking about heading to my sisters in Nashville but at this point I'd rather be in our apartment then stuck on the expressway somewhere.

Yea, too many people are getting stuck on the turnpike and I-75.

geomon

Yeah, don't do that.

817d57e130521f627cc5abc607a0a6856f17cbb9b3f19992118e93c022841ef0.png

J_Viper

Anyone know what's up with the Greyhounds?

The bus was scheduled to leave at 2:25, but it hasn't even arrived yet. I'm starting to fear for my dad and brother.

Anyone staying near Miami beach is going to have a serious if not deadly ride...

That is 45 foot wave heights just south of Miami predicted........

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2017090718_63_507_471.thumb.png.d5315de50a8bc3eda972dfb355ff474c.png

Joe

NHC | Storm Surge Probabilities

Florida Storm Surge Probabilities through Sunday 10pm (as of Thursday 5pm est)

1+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

2+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

3+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

5+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

10+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

------

Georgia Storm Surge Probability through Sunday 10pm (as of Thursday 5pm est)

3+ Feet Storm Surge Probability

J_Viper

Traffic. Do neither have a number you can text or call them at?

I've spoken to them, but they're unfortunately still waiting at the station, and none of the station attendants know what's going on.

I also tried the customer support number, and they're clueless as well.

EDIT: They finally made it on. Now the trouble is traffic.

Those storm surge pictures make it look extremely bad for the Saint Augustine/Flagler County/Daytona Beach areas. Or am I reading these wrong?

kinggroin

Banned
That projection makes me want to fucking throw up

Fuck my hard headed family for staying. Ugh.

This thing needs to go east. Now.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
We have a gaffer there.

I just realized that the storm is still over the Turks so obviously he wouldn't be able to update anyway, but I found the site awhile back.

But wow, GAF has people everywhere. Hope he's well. They mention their "bunker" so I'm hoping for the best.

I just realized that the storm is still over the Turks so obviously he wouldn't be able to update anyway, but I found the site awhile back.

But wow, GAF has people everywhere. Hope he's well. They mention their "bunker" so I'm hoping for the best.

He just posted in the other thread. Getting Cat 2 like conditions at the moment.

Aikidoka

My friend from Hollywood is calling in sick for tomorrow and is on the road to Nashville, TN. They're taking I-95 to Jacksonville and it's pretty clear traffic wise they say. Hopefully they don't get stuck trying to go past Jacksonville.....

I just want to tell everyone good luck. I hope the best for everyone in the path of Irma. Please stay safe. I'm getting on a plane out of here right now, but I'll be checking this thread constantly when I land.
Love to everyone

Like yesterday Universal was dead but more people showed up during lunch hour. Their closing during the weekend and canceling Rock the Universe except for tomorrow Friday.

After living in Central Florida for 21 years I don't know what to expect. I started High School when Charley, Frances and Jeanne hit and lived in Apopka with the only noticeable damage was the roof of a gas station coming off and a tree toppling over in the neighborhood I lived with no flooding.

Now I live in South Kirkman and I seriously don't know.

Off That NHC latest track puts Miami in the dreaded 'Dirty' side of IRMA.

This professional Met not doing the public any David's with the hyperbole:

@RyanMaue
Based on size of Hurricane #Irma + Category 4/5 landfall winds/surge & track up I-75 to Atlanta, are we contemplating a Trillion $ disaster?

Publix subs are only lethal when people pack the sub with nearly every available option, or if it's a chicken tender sub.

Top Bottom