• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor in talks to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Where's the fun in seeing a starved to death Conor in a boxing match where Floyd clinches for 10 rounds?

Bronx-Man

Banned
The best freakshow since Dada "I died 3 times" 5000 Vs Kimbo "no cardio" Slice.
I can't wait!

Who is the best pure striker?
002.JPG

Floyd by complete destruction. McGregor would get absolutely handled. PBF obviously itching for another KO on his record after five years without one.

Put me in the camp of "never going to happen," but if it does, McGregor is clearly cashing out with a payday the UFC could never get him. He knows he wouldn't have a shot.

LOL at a greater than 90/10 purse split, too.

Strictly boxing? Conor will get destroyed. I can't see him landing a single punch on PBF. It'll be a nice payday for him though, which is all he really cares about I think.

charsace

Floyd by complete destruction. McGregor would get absolutely handled. PBF obviously itching for another KO on his record after five years without one.

Put me in the camp of "never going to happen," but if it does, McGregor is clearly cashing out with a payday the UFC could never get him. He knows he wouldn't have a shot.

LOL at a greater than 90/10 purse split, too.
Conor has sold ppv's so he would get a good split.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Next week McGregor is going to try and race in the Tour de France and wants to go the the Olympics for track and field.

DKehoe

Not going to happen. He's signed to a contract with the UFC and there's not a chance he'd get out of it for something like this. Connor should be careful with these the publicity games he's been playing recently. With this, and other stuff like claiming he was back on the UFC 200 card when he wasn't, he is going to lose credibility pretty quickly.

Yep, I'm actually going to bet real money on this match. But I might put in 10 for Connor just in case I'd hit the jackpot on the long odds

Not going to happen. He's signed to a contract with the UFC and there's not a chance he'd get out of it for something like this. Connor should be careful with these the publicity games he's been playing recently. With this, and other stuff like claiming he was back on the UFC 200 card when he wasn't, he is going to lose credibility pretty quickly.

Dana would have to prove that Connor isn't bigger than the brand. So far he has not been able to.

Edit: He did, he pulled him from 200. The stones on Dana

Not even remotely an argument, don't think even Conor thinks he could ever beat Mayweather. This is just publicity, payday and getting back at UFC.

"Strictly boxing and Connor would have to lose 25lbs".

There isn't a boxer on earth that's going to beat Floyd in those conditions. Why the fuck would any non-boxer think this is a good idea?

To be fair, Conor has to lose that amount to defend his UFC featherweight title anyway, so that's not such a big deal. He wanted a rematch against Nate Diaz at 170, because he wanted the fight to be in the same conditions. Conor fights at 145, but it's probably a natural 155. 170 is just his walking around weight with no cut. Diaz is a 155 fighters, so really they were just not cutting because the fight was on short notice for Diaz.

I'm more interested in what's gonna happen with his UFC contract, which as I understand is ironclad.

Also it's funny how little he cares about his featherweight belt. Hopefully they use smaller gloves so the fight can be fun. Otherwise it will be the typical Mayweather snoozefest and Conor will lose by points.

DKehoe

Dana would have to prove that Colin isn't bigger than the brand. So far he has not been able to.

Would have to prove what and why? McGregor has signed an exclusive contract with UFC which has a clause in it which states he can't do boxing matches. There is nothing that would remotely allow this to take place. It's just McGregor's camp putting out another story for more publicity to play games with the UFC. Also am I missing a reference with the Colin thing?

Beefy

Conor winning would be the funniest thing I have seen in ages. There would be the melt downs of meltdowns. But yeah I can't see it happening.

Fox318

Would have to prove what and why? McGregor has signed an exclusive contract with UFC which has a clause in it which states he can't do boxing matches. There is nothing that would remotely allow this to take place. It's just McGregor's camp putting out another story for more publicity to play games with the UFC. Also am I missing a reference with the Colin thing?

The UFC will let fighters do grappling and BJJ events.

pyyYoGI.jpg

maybe it will feature shoot grappling?

No he wouldn't at all. He knows he would get around 10% and he would be completely happy with it. That 10% would probably be more money then all of his MMA fights together.

Yeah I don't think people understand just how much Floyd brings in for his fights. He was dropping hints about hitting $100 million for number 50. He could break Conor off a small fraction of that and it would be the biggest payday of Conor's career.

Brinbe

Floyd may not be able to read for shit, but he does know how to make ginormous amounts of money. And Conor def knows a good cashout when he sees it. Takes the sting out of losing out on UFC 200. Anyway, Dana has to be laughing right now. He was right not to back down.

Yeah I don't think people understand just how much Floyd brings in for his fights. He was dropping hints about hitting $100 million for number 50. He could break Conor off a small fraction of that and it would be the biggest payday of Conor's career.

10% of that would literally be what he asked for for UFC200

How hilarious would it be if th fight ends because Conor's instincts take over and he accidentally roundhouse kicks the shit out of Floyd?

Xe4

Banned
Mayweather continues his streak, Connor gets his ass beat. Both walk away with mad cash. Win win in my book.

Leunam

Mayweather outboxes Conor all night. Pull counters overly telegraphed jabs. Body snatches a squared up McGregor. Out throws and lands with an even higher percentage than he did against Pacquiao. Not likely to get a knockout, but getting tagged over and over will leave McGregor doubting himself and hesitant.

And people who DKSAB will still claim Mayweather ran all night with a straight face.

This will be on the same card as Rousey v Mayweather, He-Man v Skeletor, Coke v Pepsi, Lego v Megablocks, and the reanimated corpse of The Macho Man v Hulk Hogan.
Calling it now

Anth0ny

I wonder how many people realize that Mayweather and Pacquiao were the highest paid athletes of last year just thanks to their one fight. By A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom