• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

googly

It's a refs job to prevent a fighter from getting injured. Conor was done and some peoples bloodlust to see him laying unconscious on the mat isn't worth it.

I don't want to see anyone get injured, but sometimes a guy will get that second wind and can turn the fight around.

It was unlikely at that point, but you never know what could happen.

I don't know about that stoppage, sure he was tired, but let them finish it.

Let his brain be jostled inside his skull? He wasnt defending and he was taking hard punches to the brain. Thats fucking dangerous. Connor should be glad the ref cared about his physical well being.

Pastry

Banned
The moving goal posts for Conor are pretty funny. Well he didn't die in this sham of a fight, where is the belt for that.

Nah, the gassing was predictable. MMA matches are 25 minutes, Boxing matches are 36 minutes.

You have to prepare your body for that, and there's no way if you've never been in a boxing match before yet alone fighting one of the all time greats who has never had stamina issues.

These excuses.
sabu.png

jeffram

Way more competitive than I thought it would ever be.

You had analysts and experts saying Conor wouldn't win 30 seconds let alone a round.

Kudos to both fighters for making bank.

This. Mayweather was making a toy of his pasty Irish ass the whole match. The better man won, and the man that needed a good humbling got laid the fuck out appropriately. He was never up to Mayweathers level. Ill give credit where it's due though, McGregor put up more of a fight than I anticipated. Lasting ten rounds against the best boxer in the world is something to be very proud of.....

He can hold that heavy ass L though while he's on the mend. He earned it.

Really? Pasty Irish ass? Is that shit necessary?

TaterTots

Banned
I don't know about that stoppage, sure he was tired, but let them finish it.

He was stumbling and falling into the ropes like he was gonna pass out. If it wasn't stopped it could of been ugly. Boxing isn't MMA. They cut that shit out real quick. No one can just pound someones head while they're passed out on the ground.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't want to see anyone get injured, but sometimes a guy will get that second wind and can turn the fight around.

It was unlikely at that point, but you never know what could happen.

He couldn't react to mayweather's punches. There was no defense. He was gone.

Jerm411

You can't believe that a guy who has gassed after two 5 minute rounds gassed after five 3 minute rounds?

He was gassed in the 3rd....and yeah TBH I am. I thought he'd pace himself better and fight with more of a even keel to assure he'd have something left in the tank for the later rounds. Especially considering his gameplan.

Tubie

LoL @ the people implying racism with the mexican comment. some people are just desperate.

People that don't watch boxing regularly (AKA over 50% of this thread) wouldn't understand the meaning of that.

He meant he made Floyd stand and trade punches, stand and fight.

It's actually a compliment in this context.

Oriel

Good fight, was plain to see what Mayweather was doing though. He had Conor sussed before a single punch was thrown. Everyone won tonight of course. All about de $$$$$$

Nuu

Banned
He was stumbling and falling into the ropes like he was gonna pass out. If it wasn't stopped it could of been ugly. Boxing isn't MMA. They cut that shit out real quick. No one can just pound someones head while they're passed out on the ground.

Pretty much. Dude was done.

charsace

Way more competitive than I thought it would ever be.

You had analysts and experts saying Conor wouldn't win 30 seconds let alone a round.

Kudos to both fighters for making bank.

You thought that was competitive? May let him get offense in and toyed with him the whole night. He didn't dance all night and still won by TKO.

KissVibes

Banned
It's not too late to edit your comment.

Given the fact that you quoted me, what good would that do? Not only that but doing so would be cowardly. I'm more than happy to admit that I was wrong, and I obviously am and said something stupid.

Given the fact that McGregor has promoted this and many of his MMA fight with racial remarks and other bullshit, my mind immediately went there. He sells fights and doesn't quite know when to stop talking shit, so I felt safe in saying his comment was some stupid racist joke.

Again, I'm sorry I assumed the comment was steeped in racial stereotypes given McGregor enjoys doing so often. I was wrong and take responsibility for being wrong.

Top Bottom