• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

VeeP

You guys have to remember, this kind of thing is not unprecedented in sports.

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Lupe changed the game, then he retired.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

I love this post so much lmao.

That means that they must have taken enough small to medium sized bets to cover it.....

The $10k bet is real, lol

people love underdog bets with high quotes
ofc many people bet a decent amount of money on connor

1 million with 20% ROI is pretty good (not sure about Vegas odds, tho. could be more or less)
and if you have millions, that risk of loosing all money is not even bad. the more risks you take, the lower your overall risk is

This is like the easiest time to make money ever, wow.
that's why people do it

JettDash

people love underdog bets with high quotes
ofc many people bet a decent amount of money on connor

1 million with 20% ROI is pretty good (nur sure about Vegas odds, tho. could be more or less)
and if you have millions, that risk of loosing all money is not even bad. the more risks you take, the lower your overall risk is

Vegas isn't even giving good odds on Conor. He has a much lower chance of winning than the betting odds suggest. Because of all the idiots that bet on him.

Permanently A

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

Nicholas-Cage-Tries-Not-To-Laugh.gif

zsswimmer

Anyone on ps4 know how to turn captions off? The stream started with it and they are way behind and annoying.

Edit: nvm got it. Go to ps settings, accessibility, go down to closed captions click it and uncheck the box there. Kinda dumb that ts not within the video playback itself

nOoblet16

I'm watching this in the UK on Sky Sport's box office and I am extremely disappointed at the commentary because they have replaced the American commentators with British ones who sound about as excited as the weather here.

6ZsqKhP.gif

I know you're joking, and this a 10/10 joke post btw. But there are actually people who believe this and it blows my mind. Anyone with even the most basic understanding of street fighter knows what was going on there.

I'm watching this in the UK on Sky Sport's box office and I am extremely disappointed at the commentary because they have replaced the American commentators with British ones who sound about as excited as the weather here.

i feel with you.
have to listen to German commentators...
at least the fight is free for us

Hellraizah

I put 220$ on Mayweather.

I get about 380$ if he wins.

He must win by KO, TKO or disqualification, though. If not, I lose everything.

nOoblet16

i feel with you.
have to listen to German commentators...
at least the fight is free for us
It still makes more sense than what they're doing here in uK since everyone speaks English here so why even replace the original celebrity commentators who have perspective from MMA to boxing and even fought McGregor.

On the other hand we get commentary from just boxers with no connection to either of these two. So shit !

6ZsqKhP.gif

Made my day

Top Bottom